User Tag List

12 Last

MBTI
    INFP

Default INFP bad relationships

These are questions for INFP's since we're known to be kind of "stuck" in bad relationships, which are hard to get out of for most of us..
    Have any of you ever had this experience?
    Do you look back at it?
    What would you change if you could?
    How have you learned from the situation?

If ur not an INFP then maybe u know one who has gone through something like this..
    The truth is on the side of the oppressed. -Malcolm X

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w4

at times i wish an infp had not broken off the relationship. i didn't think it was that bad. she wanted more freedom ...
    INTP/5w4 sx

MBTI
    INFP

Quote Originally Posted by Jasz View Post
    at times i wish an infp had not broken off the relationship. i didn't think it was that bad. she wanted more freedom ...
    and were u depriving her of her freedom?
    The truth is on the side of the oppressed. -Malcolm X

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    2w%

Been in a "few" bad relationships, tho I've never really been stuck in one since for the most part when they went bad they ended pretty quickly. Lack of trust on her part, or her cheating on me usually results in me cutting ties pretty damn quick.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Fe/Fi 36.9/37.7
    Ne/Ni 34.9/25.8
    Se/Si 25.7/19.5
    Te/Ti 28.4/31.9
    Type: 2w% sx/sp/so

I don't want it, I just need it, to breathe, to feel, to know I'm alive.

Never take life to seriously.. No one gets out alive in the end anyway.

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sx/so
    Socionics
    IEI

I've learned that the second I think "they'll learn" is the second I should bail. Oh, and the second I see her mack'n some other guy is the second I should bail. Oh, and the second you hear "you're too good for me", that's the second you should bail. White knights in this day and age are hung, drawn, quartered, burned, then pissed on. Thankfully there are girls out there that don't evoke the white knight and they're the ones to go after. That's what I've learned.
    Dreams are best served manifest and tangible.

INFP, 6w7, IEI

I accept no responsibility, what so ever, for the fact that I exist; I do, however, accept full responsibility for what I do while I exist.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

MBTI
    infp
    Enneagram
    Socionics
    fuck

Quote Originally Posted by persianeyes View Post
    These are questions for INFP's since we're known to be kind of "stuck" in bad relationships, which are hard to get out of for most of us..
    Do you look back at it?

If ur not an INFP then maybe u know one who has gone through something like this..
    I coulda sworn I made a post in this thread. *ahem*

Yes I have had this experience. That's why I asked my questions:

- I want to know how other types got out of bad relationships, because I don't know how the hell to do that. I personally think we should expand beyond INFPs because we may or may not know what the hell we are doing.
    - I can't look back at it because it hasn't happened yet. Hence the request for advice from other types.
    - I wouldn't be in one if I could change something.
    - I haven't learned a damned thing. So, please give other types a chance to instruct us INFPs.
    There's reason to be afraid, and reason to open your heart. ~ Seal

Refreshment for your ears: www.kexp.org

heart on fire

Quote Originally Posted by persianeyes View Post

Yes
    Do you look back at it?
    Yes
    Would have learned earlier about animus projection and also of seeing things that aren't really there.

I let Te have a larger voice in the beginning of the dating process, I sat down and made a hardnosed checklist of things I would not accept in man and I told myself no matter what I have to stick to this and I also made a determination to find someone more like me than different from me. Overall it has been far better that way.

I consider myself to be a in good relationship that is undergoing a lot of stress (his job, my chronic illness). There's a difference. Life is not always perfect, esepcially in long term marriage.

Part of a "bad" relationship for an INFP can be due to the lack of asserting their needs until they've become intolerable. Putting too rosy a glow on things that are killing one inside. Until INFP pushes their own agenda in a healthy way (not Te blow ups out of nowhere!), how can they be sure the relationship is really bad at the core or not? Got to be able to say "hey I need this" and negotiate a way to get it that takes both people's natures and needs into account.

EDIT: the worst time I had getting out of a relationship was with a person I knew thought he loved me and loved me as much as he was capable of love, but there was no depth and this person was both sexist and selfish, not open to education or listening or compromise (Yes Dana, that's the one ). He didn't like cats either!

It was very hard to break up, I finally just had to stop answering the phone, let the machine get the calls for a set period of time. The longer I got away from them, the easier it became to not think about them or feel the guilt. They tried hard to recontact me, used guilt, emo blackmail, gifts, mild stalking etc. but I made myself stick to my guns and eventually I lost all softness towards them and felt strong relief.

MBTI
    INFP

I tend to get involved with selfish assholes, and I stick around way too long. Intellectually, I have learned from it, but old habits die hard, eh?

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sx/so
    Socionics
    IEI

Quote Originally Posted by Dana View Post
    I tend to get involved with selfish assholes, and I stick around way too long. Intellectually, I have learned from it, but old habits die hard, eh?
    Five an a half years and I'm still not sure if they're dead...
    Dreams are best served manifest and tangible.

INFP, 6w7, IEI

I accept no responsibility, what so ever, for the fact that I exist; I do, however, accept full responsibility for what I do while I exist.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Content. Content? DigitalMethod's Avatar
    MBTI
    INTJ

Leave the relationship, try to leave it on good terms though, if possible. Once it's over, be sure to evaluate it to be able to not make the same mistakes again wither it be your own mistakes or the flaws of your partner.