• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[Fi] looking for easy career

Totenkindly

@.~*virinaĉo*~.@
MBTI Type
BELF
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Get a YouTube channel.
Sell your organs on the black-market.

This is why we have two kidneys.

Why can't you do blue collar? I worked at the kitchen of my school, and it's pretty fun and not hard. Physically intensive, and you burn your hands on hot plates, but it's repetitive and mindless. I liked that.

One summer loooong ago I worked in an orchid and spent some of my time stapling boxes. Yes, stapling boxes, with one of those upright box stapler machines where you use the foot pedal to trigger the staple.

I made a big game of it -- how many boxes could I staple in an hour?

I couldn't do that work forever, it's boring as heck, but you do what you need to do to take care of yourself. (I did my fast-food shift too, back then. Meh.)

Stanton Moore

morose bourgeoisie
MBTI Type
INFP
There is a woman who takes care of all of the landscaping around the buildings where I work, and she seems very happy to be outside, dealing with plants, on her own. There is something positive to be said for a job that allows you to think your own thoughts whle you work.

highlander

Administrator
Staff member
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
6w5
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
what's an easy career for idiots and lazy people? I need something that's repetitive, I hate learning new things. I prefer to master a skill and use those skills till I retired.

Can't do trade though cause of my health, I'm not physically able to do intense labor.

I'm mid 20s, uneducated(don't care to learn), isolated from people for couple years now so I have hatred build up. So I want a easy job that doesn't deal with people. Prefer to be my own boss and not be watched like a hawk. It'll be great if I can make a lot of money.

I hardly know where to begin.

1. Lazy people generally don't keep jobs - especially those who don't want to expend the energy to learn new things
2. Hatred of other people is unproductive. It has little to no merit and will only cause you problems.
3. Easy jobs don't pay a lot of money

However, if you do find a job that's easy, doesn't require you to deal with people, where you are not accountable to someone and where you make lots of money - please do let me know.

You might consider whether you are asking the wrong question and whether a complete shift in your attitude may be a more effective route to go down. It's a competitive world out there and you are "competing" against everyone else who wants a job. With the attitude you have right now, I can tell you that you are unlikely to have much success.

Randomnity

insert random title here
MBTI Type
ISTP
Enneagram
6w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
the only thing that would possibly satisfy your ridiculous requirements is to find someone incredibly rich and convince them to marry you and support you completely while you laze around, without getting resentful enough to dump you. good luck.

Thalassa

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx
"So lazy, pathetic, and unambitious that it invites insult"? Hey, OP, I'm in the same boat. I'd like a job like that. I just don't think it's realistic. Do you LIKE anything? I'm sure there are jobs somewhere out there for something you find LESS stressful. In my case, I'd like to be a teacher or researcher, so I could play with ideas for a living.

Teaching is hard work. Easy my ass.

Stick with research. But that still takes years of university education.

Thalassa

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx
There is a woman who takes care of all of the landscaping around the buildings where I work, and she seems very happy to be outside, dealing with plants, on her own. There is something positive to be said for a job that allows you to think your own thoughts whle you work.

Yes but that's still physical labor. Landscaping is an art form, I mean good lord, I have a friend who went to school in NC for agriculture/landscaping.

I can't believe people imagine that something like landscaping would be "easy" especially since this dude has said he's too unhealthy to do physical labor.

This guy is qualified for little more than stuffing envelopes with the mentally challenged people at Goodwill industries.

Thalassa

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx

Nope being a hooker would involve too much physical labor, initiative (it is a SALES position, after all), and also he'd have to attend quite closely to his physical appearance.

Not to mention he'd have to develop mad people skills since he hates people.

I'm kind of flabbergasted about the jobs that people supposedly think are "easy."

While a hooker may not have to learn any new skills, necessarily, it requires too much effort on the part of the OP, methinks. Not to mention the fact that it's not a long-term career. It's really only something you can do while reasonably young and attractive.

Siúil a Rúin

when the colors fade
MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Some type of office related work for a large company - basically a cubicle farm is the best match I can think of because those tend to be so large that they can't keep track of how much work each person is doing as long as you can master the art of looking busy. I worked as a clerk/secretary of various sorts when younger and noticed a lot of co-workers chatting it up alot. Some people would actually get nothing done in an entire morning or afternoon. It's the only time I know of that sort of thing slipping by.

SilkRoad

Lay the coin on my tongue
MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
6w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
OP, you've posted about having severe depression before, and it's pretty obvious from this thread, too. I hope you are taking some steps to deal with that as it would be really positive. If you are not, that should be your priority.

Tyrinth

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
So many attacks in this thread. :shock:

But some of them really do have a point. The job you're looking for will be difficult if not impossible to find and keep...

highlander

Administrator
Staff member
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
6w5
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Some type of office related work for a large company - basically a cubicle farm is the best match I can think of because those tend to be so large that they can't keep track of how much work each person is doing as long as you can master the art of looking busy. I worked as a clerk/secretary of various sorts when younger and noticed a lot of co-workers chatting it up alot. Some people would actually get nothing done in an entire morning or afternoon. It's the only time I know of that sort of thing slipping by.

Yes I thought of this too but they're the ones who get laid off. So it doesn't meet his requirement for a secure job. It's also a lot harder to do this these days.

xenaprincess

MBTI Type
infp
Enneagram
6w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
making a lot of money and exerting little effort are...things that are usually opposite each other. Usually.

My suggestion is to learn a trade, where you apprentice with someone, gain knowledge, then use that skill. These are basic skills that will probably not become outdated unless they invent a different kind of elevator, which is not likely.

Elevator repair - you do work with a couple guys, but it's relatively routine. You perform service visits and emergency repairs but rarely deal with regular people. I think they may have unions.
Plumber - earns good money. You do have to interact a little with people, but not too much. Perform emergency visits for boilers and such
Air conditioner repair (hvac) - same thing.
paralegal - I think there are 'late' shifts where you don't interact much with people. I'm not exactly sure what they do but you probably earn decent money
Post office - in the office, sorting mail, I'm sure you don't deal with a lot of people. Much mail is sorted by machine now, though. Please stay away from firearms ;)

I also agree w/ an earlier responder who said to work on your depression and outlook.

xisnotx

Permabanned
You're thinking about life completely wrong.

I'll give you my back up career.

Mental illness.

You sit around all day doing nothing...but you can do anything as long as you're not physically hurting yourself or others. The people around you are interesting, (some quite brilliant in their own way). Food, clothes, and shelter are provided for you...your job is to simply fake a mental disorder, which is easy enough...everyone is crazy.

And mental institutions can be very swanky places.

xenaprincess

MBTI Type
infp
Enneagram
6w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
You're thinking about life completely wrong.

I'll give you my back up career.

Mental illness.

You sit around all day doing nothing...but you can do anything as long as you're not physically hurting yourself or others. The people around you are interesting, (some quite brilliant in their own way). Food, clothes, and shelter are provided for you...your job is to simply fake a mental disorder, which is easy enough...everyone is crazy.

And mental institutions can be very swanky places.

that's a pretty good suggestion, actually.

There's a This American Life episode where a guy fakes that he's crazy to enter an asylum. Not because he's lazy, though. But it turns out he's a psychopath, and they won't let him out.
http://www.thisamericanlife.org/radio-archives/episode/385/pro-se

PeaceBaby

reborn
MBTI Type
N/A
Enneagram
N/A
what's an easy career for idiots and lazy people? I need something that's repetitive, I hate learning new things. I prefer to master a skill and use those skills till I retired.

Well, there are things you could do.

You could upload web content for a variety of online companies, for example.

It's repetitive, boring, requires a computer, and you just add content all day long.

If you are looking for more stuff you can do online, let me know and I will add some more ideas.

Kurt.Is.God

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
4W5
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Teaching is hard work. Easy my ass.

Stick with research. But that still takes years of university education.

I never said either were easy. I said that for me, they'd be less stressful than some jobs because I like playing with and explaining ideas. I'm just wondering if OP has anything he/she enjoys which could balance out the stress of a job.

On another note, OP, do you mind talking more about your current situation? It sounds like it could be part of the problem. I'm probably in a similar situation, so I won't judge.

Thalassa

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx
that's a pretty good suggestion, actually.

There's a This American Life episode where a guy fakes that he's crazy to enter an asylum. Not because he's lazy, though. But it turns out he's a psychopath, and they won't let him out.
http://www.thisamericanlife.org/radio-archives/episode/385/pro-se

Actually, very few people are institutionalized today in the U.S. (I'm not sure where the OP lives). Most people are hospitalized short-term (I'm talking days, weeks...if they even keep you for months, you are pretty sick, it just rarely happens).

Also, to even collect disability for mental illness, it's not enough to even have a major mental illness like bipolar disorder. You essentially have to be talking to yourself (and answering) or thinking there are cameras in the doorknobs of your house spying on you to collect disability.

xisnotx

Permabanned
Actually, very few people are institutionalized today in the U.S. (I'm not sure where the OP lives). Most people are hospitalized short-term (I'm talking days, weeks...if they even keep you for months, you are pretty sick, it just rarely happens).

Also, to even collect disability for mental illness, it's not enough to even have a major mental illness like bipolar disorder. You essentially have to be talking to yourself (and answering) or thinking there are cameras in the doorknobs of your house spying on you to collect disability.

Dream crusher.