User Tag List

First 678

MBTI
    INTj

I think it is impossible to get an easy job that is highly paid because everyone would be competing for it. Take small steps. Start with an easy, low paid job and work your way up.

A job you would immediately qualify for is night watchman. You basically sit alone in a big building and walk through it several times a night.

Quote Originally Posted by kyuuei View Post
    AALLRIGHT!!

I got some really cool jobs lined up for you!!

http://www.cracked.com/article_18486...-possible.html -- compliments of this article!

Roto artist -- It's basically tracing. For a long time. No physical effort, its a computer job, and I doubt there's more than necessary people interaction. Not the highest paying job in the world, but it fits all of the other requirements. Bonus: you made a movie come to life!

Production assistant -- Probably more people-intensive, but they'll be abusing you so no need to like them! You play fetch for them, and do things like be a lamp stand, or get coffee, or whatever they need to make their day nicer. You get the satisfaction of doing tasks you already know how to do all day, no learning involved, and simply interact with the few people you need to during filming. You'd probably get paid a biiit more for this. Not much.

Matchmove artists -- Drawing dots on a computer. for hours on end. Even if you have to learn a new computer skill, it won't be much different from the current one, just different system for doing the same thing. No people again!

Render Wrangler -- Stare. That's it! No, really. That's like all you do.

Bonus: Even if you DO get laid off, there's plenty of other studios you can apply to. The job itself won't be out of fashion, since movies WILL still be made. So there's your job security right there! Or at least as much as anyone can get.

Cons> you may have to move to get these jobs. But any data entry job is the same format with slightly different systems. There are companies whos entire jobs are simply to convert a doctor's offices' medical records into digital data so they don't have folders anymore. And going digital is never going out of style so far as I can tell. not in this lifetime. Computers are where it's at for low stress, low people impact, mindless repetitive work, and all those other perks.
    VFX work is pretty much the exact opposite of what the OP wants. These people work ridiculous hours without breaks, constantly have to learn new software and techniques, and have perpetual lack of job security. And while they might make a decent wage, it's pretty unimpressive when you compare it to the hours they work. One VFX P.A. died a few years ago because he fell asleep at the wheel and crashed after working 20 hours in a row. It didn't change anyone's policy.
    Everybody have fun tonight. Everybody Wang Chung tonight.

Johari
    /Nohari

MBTI
    enfp
    Enneagram

Quote Originally Posted by EffEmDoubleyou View Post
    VFX work is pretty much the exact opposite of what the OP wants. These people work ridiculous hours without breaks, constantly have to learn new software and techniques, and have perpetual lack of job security. And while they might make a decent wage, it's pretty unimpressive when you compare it to the hours they work. One VFX P.A. died a few years ago because he fell asleep at the wheel and crashed after working 20 hours in a row. It didn't change anyone's policy.
    Well don't scare the poor OP out of trying now The point is, there's pros and cons to every job. Nothing will have all of the qualities they're seeking.. so you try to get as close as you can. I'll bet money that the OP is self-conscious on their ability (or their perception of a lack thereof) and has a low-esteem issue on their ability to adapt to a working environment. All jobs are "easy" once you learn them.

Maybe the OP isn't very ambitious in life.. but I don't think that's the case. They more sounded like they wanted to know if there was anything out there they felt they could do--and the answer is YES, there are jobs out there you can do without wanting to gouge your eyes out. Even for disabled people there are things that can be done that are low-stress and career-worthy.

I still think OP's best options would be office work for a corporation of some sort, and/or something with the computer.. Or maybe even winning over some scholarships and being a career student. Takes research, and patience, and some detail-oriented precision.. but a career student would give them a degree in something they could use to cherry-pick jobs with.
    Kantgirl: Just say "I'm feminine and I'll punch anyone who says otherwise!"
    Halla74: Think your way through the world. Feel your way through life.

Cimarron: maybe Prpl will be your girl-bud
    prplchknz: i don't like it

In Search Of... ... Kiwi Sketch Art ... Dream Journal ... Kyuuei's Cook book ... Kyu's Tiny House Blog ... Minimalist Challenge ... Kyu's Savings Challenge

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    6w5 so/sp
    Socionics
    EII

Lighthouse keeper.

I would do that if I was looking for something easy, and if I didn't have family, or ambitions beyond living in solitude.

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    6w5 sp/sx

You can be the one who helps the horses during the parades---pooper scooper guy.
    Save Thundercats 2011 petition. Because we do what we can. HO!!!:
    http://www.change.org/petitions/warn...another-season