User Tag List

First 34567 Last

Insert witty line here... Ponyboy's Avatar
    MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    9w1

Quote Originally Posted by xenaprincess View Post
    making a lot of money and exerting little effort are...things that are usually opposite each other. Usually.

My suggestion is to learn a trade, where you apprentice with someone, gain knowledge, then use that skill. These are basic skills that will probably not become outdated unless they invent a different kind of elevator, which is not likely.

Elevator repair - you do work with a couple guys, but it's relatively routine. You perform service visits and emergency repairs but rarely deal with regular people. I think they may have unions.
    Plumber - earns good money. You do have to interact a little with people, but not too much. Perform emergency visits for boilers and such
    Air conditioner repair (hvac) - same thing.
    paralegal - I think there are 'late' shifts where you don't interact much with people. I'm not exactly sure what they do but you probably earn decent money
    Post office - in the office, sorting mail, I'm sure you don't deal with a lot of people. Much mail is sorted by machine now, though. Please stay away from firearms

I also agree w/ an earlier responder who said to work on your depression and outlook.
    That may have been the dumbest post I have ever seen in my life. I'm guessing you work in an office (if you work) and have no connection with reality? You missed the mark completely, and barely managed to get within the stereotypes! Jeez, get a clue before you start defining jobs you clearly know nothing about!!
    I'm never wrong, I'm just sometimes less right

MBTI
    INtp
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/so
    Socionics
    LII Ne

Quote Originally Posted by Ponyboy View Post
    That may have been the dumbest post I have ever seen in my life. I'm guessing you work in an office (if you work) and have no connection with reality? You missed the mark completely, and barely managed to get within the stereotypes! Jeez, get a clue before you start defining jobs you clearly know nothing about!!
    Instead of insulting the poster you could explain why you think she missed the mark with the examples she gave. Anyway, she is just trying to be of help.
    INtp
    5w6 or 9w1 sp/so/sx, I think
    Ravenclaw/Hufflepuff
    Neutral Good
    LII-Ne

Insert witty line here... Ponyboy's Avatar
    MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    9w1

Quote Originally Posted by SuchIrony View Post
    Instead of insulting the poster you could explain why you think she missed the mark with the examples she gave. Anyway, she is just trying to be of help.
    I was about to post about the fact that you didn't read the OP where it was specifically mentioned that "Trades" were not an option but I think I would rather go with this.
    I think xenaprincess (and you) are insulting by the fact that you have no idea how much training and licensing are involved with these "easy" careers that were mentioned. I can't speak for the post office option because I have no experience/knowledge there, but everything else mentioned is hardly "easy". Its just you cubicle monkeys that seem to think so.
    I'm never wrong, I'm just sometimes less right

MBTI
    FREE
    Enneagram
    594 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ne

Quote Originally Posted by fia View Post
    Some type of office related work for a large company - basically a cubicle farm is the best match I can think of because those tend to be so large that they can't keep track of how much work each person is doing as long as you can master the art of looking busy. ...
    yup, there's that... and also, that there are a lot of people doing the overall work, so there's no job that is dependent on one person usually... the slackers can afford not to do anything, without it really being noticed in the final outcome.
    "Hey Capa -- We're only stardust." ~ "Sunshine"

“Pleasure to me is wonder—the unexplored, the unexpected, the thing that is hidden and the changeless thing that lurks behind superficial mutability. To trace the remote in the immediate; the eternal in the ephemeral; the past in the present; the infinite in the finite; these are to me the springs of delight and beauty.” ~ H.P. Lovecraft

insert random title here Randomnity's Avatar
    MBTI
    ISTP
    Enneagram
    6w5 sp/sx

Quote Originally Posted by Marmie Dearest View Post
    Teaching is hard work. Easy my ass.

Stick with research. But that still takes years of university education.
    Um, research is not exactly easy either, and neither is the phd (+undergrad) required to get there. It's about the last thing from what the OP wants - it pays terribly and takes a great deal of work, mental energy and stress, and it is still hard to get a job despite all that....
    -end of thread-

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 so/sx
    Socionics
    EII Ne

How about delivering newspapers? At least in my area, it pays pretty well. You get paid for your gas and get to drive around alone for much of the day, and you wouldn't be near a boss to watch over you. It's not as physically taxing as professional driving, either.

MBTI
    enfp
    Enneagram

AALLRIGHT!!

I got some really cool jobs lined up for you!!

http://www.cracked.com/article_18486...-possible.html -- compliments of this article!

Roto artist -- It's basically tracing. For a long time. No physical effort, its a computer job, and I doubt there's more than necessary people interaction. Not the highest paying job in the world, but it fits all of the other requirements. Bonus: you made a movie come to life!

Production assistant -- Probably more people-intensive, but they'll be abusing you so no need to like them! You play fetch for them, and do things like be a lamp stand, or get coffee, or whatever they need to make their day nicer. You get the satisfaction of doing tasks you already know how to do all day, no learning involved, and simply interact with the few people you need to during filming. You'd probably get paid a biiit more for this. Not much.

Matchmove artists -- Drawing dots on a computer. for hours on end. Even if you have to learn a new computer skill, it won't be much different from the current one, just different system for doing the same thing. No people again!

Render Wrangler -- Stare. That's it! No, really. That's like all you do.

Bonus: Even if you DO get laid off, there's plenty of other studios you can apply to. The job itself won't be out of fashion, since movies WILL still be made. So there's your job security right there! Or at least as much as anyone can get.

Cons> you may have to move to get these jobs. But any data entry job is the same format with slightly different systems. There are companies whos entire jobs are simply to convert a doctor's offices' medical records into digital data so they don't have folders anymore. And going digital is never going out of style so far as I can tell. not in this lifetime. Computers are where it's at for low stress, low people impact, mindless repetitive work, and all those other perks.

Working as a computer technician of some sort can get you a lot of money too, but it would require more learning and keeping up to date with things. But once you know the basics of something, learning the updated versions aren't so bad.

My BEST option for you: Walmart greeter if you live in America. They're everywhere, walmart that is, and the job isn't people-intensive. Sure, you deal with people, but they generally ignore you and walk by. You blindly say "Hello" to people, give out a few stickers and check the occasional receipt for items outside of baggies. A cashier would work as well! They're low stress and repetitive. Bonus: Benefits of being a walmart employee! You could get health insurance, a retirement package, etc. It's a CAREER, working at walmart. You could stay there 20 years and be set for retirement. Truly you could. If you got ambitious later on in life when you snapped out of it, you could move to different departments, or become a manager or something. So you have job stability (walmart is a huge corporation.. so that's as close as you can get in this world.), career potential, and many of the qualities you were looking for except high pay (though you get automatic pay bonuses as you work there longer, so its sort of like a promotion without doing anything at all!)

It seems you're depressed though.. These are more than ample classic signs of depression, if I can be bold enough to say that without causing offense. To me, you ought to try doing the opposite of the things you're looking for. Try an easy job with people, for example. honestly, I think any job would be a good one to get your feet wet. Even if you can't do physical labor at all, receptionist jobs are easy and monotonous. You DO have to work with people, but it's easy mindless people work. "[Insert greeting here] how can I help you? Oh, he's in a meeting. I'll take a message. Thank you, goodbye." (File papers.) Too easy! I think that'd be a good place to start for you.

And I'd probably use that money for some professional help. Someone in their mid-20s wanting the lifestyle of someone who is retired is nearly unheard of.. I haven't read the responses to the thread, but I wouldn't be surprised if some of them were a bit nasty. It's a foreign concept for a lot of people. You're asking for something hardly realistic in the scheme of things. (They're there, the kind of jobs you describe.. but they aren't good for you. They really, really aren't.) And I think it's because you're in a rut that you may need help getting out of..

It's true. Your mother won't support you forever. (She may.. but let's not chance that.) Getting a job, any job, and using they money for therapy would be a tremendous leap in the right direction. I have friends who are slowly getting on their feet.. life put them behind everyone else, so I know that it can be hard. But I think you're in the right direction by thinking about a job. Keep taking those baby steps and walking forward. One step at a time. Job, and therapy, are essential. You'll get the hang of things as you go.
    Kantgirl: Just say "I'm feminine and I'll punch anyone who says otherwise!"
    Halla74: Think your way through the world. Feel your way through life.

Cimarron: maybe Prpl will be your girl-bud
    prplchknz: i don't like it

In Search Of... ... Kiwi Sketch Art ... Dream Journal ... Kyuuei's Cook book ... Kyu's Tiny House Blog ... Minimalist Challenge ... Kyu's Savings Challenge

Anew Leaf

Quote Originally Posted by think2much View Post
    what's an easy career for idiots and lazy people? I need something that's repetitive, I hate learning new things. I prefer to master a skill and use those skills till I retired.

Can't do trade though cause of my health, I'm not physically able to do intense labor.

I'm mid 20s, uneducated(don't care to learn), isolated from people for couple years now so I have hatred build up. So I want a easy job that doesn't deal with people. Prefer to be my own boss and not be watched like a hawk. It'll be great if I can make a lot of money.

Jobs I thought about
    1.blue collor but can't due to my health
    2. driver: can't cause of my health
    3. professional gamble: can't cause I"m not smart enough

I'm starting to believe I can't survive in this world. My parents aren't gonna support me forever. I don't even know how I can keep a job since I can't even take care of my basic needs. If I'm gonna live I'm gonna need some money.
    Exotic Dancer in Indonesia where you dance for online clients that you will never meet in person or have to deal with it but you will use the alluring dance of 100000 veils and shake your booty to the tunes of 1980's Madonna and Kris Kros.

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/sx

History of this thread:
    A- I think you could do X, it's kinda easy.
    B- What the f*ck are you talking about, X ain't easy at all.
    -----------------

A man builds. A parasite asks 'Where is my share?'
    A man creates. A parasite says, 'What will the neighbors think?'
    A man invents. A parasite says, 'Watch out, or you might tread on the toes of God... '

-----------------

Permabanned
    MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sx
    Socionics
    SEE Fi

Quote Originally Posted by Randomnity View Post
    Um, research is not exactly easy either, and neither is the phd (+undergrad) required to get there. It's about the last thing from what the OP wants - it pays terribly and takes a great deal of work, mental energy and stress, and it is still hard to get a job despite all that....
    I know going to grad school isn't easy - I wouldn't go to grad school if someone paid me.