User Tag List

First 23456 Last

Results 31 to 40 of 75

  1. #31
    ... Tyrinth's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    649 sp/sx
    Socionics
    IEI
    Posts
    1,173

    Default

    So many attacks in this thread.

    But some of them really do have a point. The job you're looking for will be difficult if not impossible to find and keep...
    ...

  2. #32
    morose bourgeoisie
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    MBTI
    INFP
    Posts
    3,859

    Default

    Work for local or state government...

  3. #33
    Administrator highlander's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    6w5 sx/sp
    Socionics
    ILI Ni
    Posts
    17,896

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by fia View Post
    Some type of office related work for a large company - basically a cubicle farm is the best match I can think of because those tend to be so large that they can't keep track of how much work each person is doing as long as you can master the art of looking busy. I worked as a clerk/secretary of various sorts when younger and noticed a lot of co-workers chatting it up alot. Some people would actually get nothing done in an entire morning or afternoon. It's the only time I know of that sort of thing slipping by.
    Yes I thought of this too but they're the ones who get laid off. So it doesn't meet his requirement for a secure job. It's also a lot harder to do this these days.

    Please provide feedback on my Nohari and Johari Window by clicking here: Nohari/Johari

    Tri-type 639

  4. #34
    yap yap yap xenaprincess's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    MBTI
    infp
    Enneagram
    6w5
    Posts
    663

    Default

    making a lot of money and exerting little effort are...things that are usually opposite each other. Usually.

    My suggestion is to learn a trade, where you apprentice with someone, gain knowledge, then use that skill. These are basic skills that will probably not become outdated unless they invent a different kind of elevator, which is not likely.

    Elevator repair - you do work with a couple guys, but it's relatively routine. You perform service visits and emergency repairs but rarely deal with regular people. I think they may have unions.
    Plumber - earns good money. You do have to interact a little with people, but not too much. Perform emergency visits for boilers and such
    Air conditioner repair (hvac) - same thing.
    paralegal - I think there are 'late' shifts where you don't interact much with people. I'm not exactly sure what they do but you probably earn decent money
    Post office - in the office, sorting mail, I'm sure you don't deal with a lot of people. Much mail is sorted by machine now, though. Please stay away from firearms

    I also agree w/ an earlier responder who said to work on your depression and outlook.

  5. #35
    Permabanned
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Posts
    2,152

    Default

    You're thinking about life completely wrong.

    I'll give you my back up career.

    Mental illness.

    You sit around all day doing nothing...but you can do anything as long as you're not physically hurting yourself or others. The people around you are interesting, (some quite brilliant in their own way). Food, clothes, and shelter are provided for you...your job is to simply fake a mental disorder, which is easy enough...everyone is crazy.

    And mental institutions can be very swanky places.

  6. #36
    yap yap yap xenaprincess's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    MBTI
    infp
    Enneagram
    6w5
    Posts
    663

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by xisnotx View Post
    You're thinking about life completely wrong.

    I'll give you my back up career.

    Mental illness.

    You sit around all day doing nothing...but you can do anything as long as you're not physically hurting yourself or others. The people around you are interesting, (some quite brilliant in their own way). Food, clothes, and shelter are provided for you...your job is to simply fake a mental disorder, which is easy enough...everyone is crazy.

    And mental institutions can be very swanky places.
    that's a pretty good suggestion, actually.

    There's a This American Life episode where a guy fakes that he's crazy to enter an asylum. Not because he's lazy, though. But it turns out he's a psychopath, and they won't let him out.
    http://www.thisamericanlife.org/radi...ode/385/pro-se

  7. #37
    reborn PeaceBaby's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    937 so/sx
    Posts
    6,226

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by think2much View Post
    what's an easy career for idiots and lazy people? I need something that's repetitive, I hate learning new things. I prefer to master a skill and use those skills till I retired.
    Well, there are things you could do.

    You could upload web content for a variety of online companies, for example.

    It's repetitive, boring, requires a computer, and you just add content all day long.

    If you are looking for more stuff you can do online, let me know and I will add some more ideas.
    "Remember always that you not only have the right to be an individual, you have an obligation to be one."
    Eleanor Roosevelt


    "When people see some things as beautiful,
    other things become ugly.
    When people see some things as good,
    other things become bad."
    Lao Tzu, Tao Te Ching

  8. #38
    Senior Member Kurt.Is.God's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    4W5 sx/so
    Socionics
    IEE
    Posts
    230

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Marmie Dearest View Post
    Teaching is hard work. Easy my ass.

    Stick with research. But that still takes years of university education.
    I never said either were easy. I said that for me, they'd be less stressful than some jobs because I like playing with and explaining ideas. I'm just wondering if OP has anything he/she enjoys which could balance out the stress of a job.

    On another note, OP, do you mind talking more about your current situation? It sounds like it could be part of the problem. I'm probably in a similar situation, so I won't judge.

  9. #39
    Permabanned
    Join Date
    May 2009
    MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sx
    Socionics
    SEE Fi
    Posts
    25,301

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by xenaprincess View Post
    that's a pretty good suggestion, actually.

    There's a This American Life episode where a guy fakes that he's crazy to enter an asylum. Not because he's lazy, though. But it turns out he's a psychopath, and they won't let him out.
    http://www.thisamericanlife.org/radi...ode/385/pro-se
    Actually, very few people are institutionalized today in the U.S. (I'm not sure where the OP lives). Most people are hospitalized short-term (I'm talking days, weeks...if they even keep you for months, you are pretty sick, it just rarely happens).

    Also, to even collect disability for mental illness, it's not enough to even have a major mental illness like bipolar disorder. You essentially have to be talking to yourself (and answering) or thinking there are cameras in the doorknobs of your house spying on you to collect disability.

  10. #40
    Permabanned
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Posts
    2,152

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Marmie Dearest View Post
    Actually, very few people are institutionalized today in the U.S. (I'm not sure where the OP lives). Most people are hospitalized short-term (I'm talking days, weeks...if they even keep you for months, you are pretty sick, it just rarely happens).

    Also, to even collect disability for mental illness, it's not enough to even have a major mental illness like bipolar disorder. You essentially have to be talking to yourself (and answering) or thinking there are cameras in the doorknobs of your house spying on you to collect disability.
    Dream crusher.

Similar Threads

  1. Mis-Understood INFJ looking for a new home
    By Pseudonym_Alpha in forum Welcomes and Introductions
    Replies: 26
    Last Post: 04-30-2009, 09:33 PM
  2. [NF] What NF's look for in a potential mate
    By GirlAmerica in forum The NF Idyllic (ENFP, INFP, ENFJ, INFJ)
    Replies: 123
    Last Post: 03-24-2009, 04:24 PM
  3. [SJ] What do SJ's look for in a partner? Crush? You get the drift --
    By CzeCze in forum The SJ Guardhouse (ESFJ, ISFJ, ESTJ, ISTJ)
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 10-30-2007, 04:35 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
Single Sign On provided by vBSSO