First 23456 Last

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    649 sp/sx
    Socionics
    IEI

So many attacks in this thread.

But some of them really do have a point. The job you're looking for will be difficult if not impossible to find and keep...

morose bourgeoisie
    MBTI
    INFP

Work for local or state government...

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    6w5 sx/sp
    Socionics
    ILI Ni

Quote Originally Posted by fia View Post
    Some type of office related work for a large company - basically a cubicle farm is the best match I can think of because those tend to be so large that they can't keep track of how much work each person is doing as long as you can master the art of looking busy. I worked as a clerk/secretary of various sorts when younger and noticed a lot of co-workers chatting it up alot. Some people would actually get nothing done in an entire morning or afternoon. It's the only time I know of that sort of thing slipping by.
    Yes I thought of this too but they're the ones who get laid off. So it doesn't meet his requirement for a secure job. It's also a lot harder to do this these days.

Please provide feedback on my Nohari and Johari Window by clicking here: Nohari/Johari

Tri-type 639

MBTI
    infp
    Enneagram
    6w5

making a lot of money and exerting little effort are...things that are usually opposite each other. Usually.

My suggestion is to learn a trade, where you apprentice with someone, gain knowledge, then use that skill. These are basic skills that will probably not become outdated unless they invent a different kind of elevator, which is not likely.

Elevator repair - you do work with a couple guys, but it's relatively routine. You perform service visits and emergency repairs but rarely deal with regular people. I think they may have unions.
    Plumber - earns good money. You do have to interact a little with people, but not too much. Perform emergency visits for boilers and such
    Air conditioner repair (hvac) - same thing.
    paralegal - I think there are 'late' shifts where you don't interact much with people. I'm not exactly sure what they do but you probably earn decent money
    Post office - in the office, sorting mail, I'm sure you don't deal with a lot of people. Much mail is sorted by machine now, though. Please stay away from firearms

I also agree w/ an earlier responder who said to work on your depression and outlook.

Permabanned

You're thinking about life completely wrong.

I'll give you my back up career.

Mental illness.

You sit around all day doing nothing...but you can do anything as long as you're not physically hurting yourself or others. The people around you are interesting, (some quite brilliant in their own way). Food, clothes, and shelter are provided for you...your job is to simply fake a mental disorder, which is easy enough...everyone is crazy.

And mental institutions can be very swanky places.

MBTI
    infp
    Enneagram
    6w5

Quote Originally Posted by xisnotx View Post
    You're thinking about life completely wrong.

I'll give you my back up career.

Mental illness.

You sit around all day doing nothing...but you can do anything as long as you're not physically hurting yourself or others. The people around you are interesting, (some quite brilliant in their own way). Food, clothes, and shelter are provided for you...your job is to simply fake a mental disorder, which is easy enough...everyone is crazy.

And mental institutions can be very swanky places.
    that's a pretty good suggestion, actually.

There's a This American Life episode where a guy fakes that he's crazy to enter an asylum. Not because he's lazy, though. But it turns out he's a psychopath, and they won't let him out.
    http://www.thisamericanlife.org/radi...ode/385/pro-se

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    937 so/sx

Quote Originally Posted by think2much View Post
    what's an easy career for idiots and lazy people? I need something that's repetitive, I hate learning new things. I prefer to master a skill and use those skills till I retired.
    Well, there are things you could do.

You could upload web content for a variety of online companies, for example.

It's repetitive, boring, requires a computer, and you just add content all day long.

If you are looking for more stuff you can do online, let me know and I will add some more ideas.
    "Remember always that you not only have the right to be an individual, you have an obligation to be one."
    Eleanor Roosevelt

"When people see some things as beautiful,
    other things become ugly.
    When people see some things as good,
    other things become bad."
    Lao Tzu, Tao Te Ching

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    4W5 sx/so
    Socionics
    IEE

Quote Originally Posted by Marmie Dearest View Post
    Teaching is hard work. Easy my ass.

Stick with research. But that still takes years of university education.
    I never said either were easy. I said that for me, they'd be less stressful than some jobs because I like playing with and explaining ideas. I'm just wondering if OP has anything he/she enjoys which could balance out the stress of a job.

On another note, OP, do you mind talking more about your current situation? It sounds like it could be part of the problem. I'm probably in a similar situation, so I won't judge.

Permabanned
    MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sx
    Socionics
    SEE Fi

Quote Originally Posted by xenaprincess View Post
    that's a pretty good suggestion, actually.

There's a This American Life episode where a guy fakes that he's crazy to enter an asylum. Not because he's lazy, though. But it turns out he's a psychopath, and they won't let him out.
    http://www.thisamericanlife.org/radi...ode/385/pro-se
    Actually, very few people are institutionalized today in the U.S. (I'm not sure where the OP lives). Most people are hospitalized short-term (I'm talking days, weeks...if they even keep you for months, you are pretty sick, it just rarely happens).

Also, to even collect disability for mental illness, it's not enough to even have a major mental illness like bipolar disorder. You essentially have to be talking to yourself (and answering) or thinking there are cameras in the doorknobs of your house spying on you to collect disability.

Permabanned

Quote Originally Posted by Marmie Dearest View Post
    Actually, very few people are institutionalized today in the U.S. (I'm not sure where the OP lives). Most people are hospitalized short-term (I'm talking days, weeks...if they even keep you for months, you are pretty sick, it just rarely happens).

Also, to even collect disability for mental illness, it's not enough to even have a major mental illness like bipolar disorder. You essentially have to be talking to yourself (and answering) or thinking there are cameras in the doorknobs of your house spying on you to collect disability.
    Dream crusher.