• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[NF] Soooo... what got YOU interested in personality types?

Eric B

ⒺⓉⒷ
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
^Hehe. Wow, so detailed. I don't remember nearly as much detail.
Just interesting at how I am so into this now, but only a few years ago, it started as just another questionnaire, like many I had seen before, and that I was probably a bit irritable for having to interrupt my routine to stop and fill out. Then, the slow development toward my 'mastery' of it now.

Emerald Rain

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
6w5
Instinctual Variant
so/sp
I couldn't fit in with my peers in High School. I wanted to know why, and how I was different from others. I guess I wanted a label for my "disease", and MBTI kinda helped.

Mole

Permabanned
I couldn't fit in with my peers in High School. I wanted to know why, and how I was different from others. I guess I wanted a label for my "disease", and MBTI kinda helped.

Same here. And I first decided I was an introvert, but I later came to realise I have a high response to stimulae, both internal and external. And to modulate my high response, I tended to withdraw into myself.

And I am still learning to modulate my high responsiveness.

My latest plan is a form of interval training consisting of dancing and meditating turn and turn about. I don't know how it will go, but it will give me the experience of euphoria and relaxation following one another like water, so I won't get caught up in euphoria or meditation, but euphoria and meditation will modulate one another.

Halla74

Artisan Conquerer
MBTI Type
ESTP
Enneagram
7w8
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Becoming the best used car salesman EVER.
True Story. :coffee:

Laurie

Was E.laur
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
7w6
I think the first 8 words of this thread are awesome.

Eilonwy

Vulnerability
MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
One of my sisters worked as a secretary in a small management consultant office when I was still in my later teens. She would tell me about the types that her office used (which I now realize were based on MBTI, but given names to make them easier for their clients to understand). I found it interesting, but didn't get that into it. Eventually, sis gave me Keirsey's PUM, which I started to read, but found I wasn't interested in. Then, one of the marriage counselors my ex and I went to had us both take an MBTI test. I came out INTJ. But she didn't go into any explanations and I didn't connect the test to Keirsey or the management consultant types. Then my sis gave me PUMII when it came out in the late 90s. I finally was interested, but didn't go any further into it than Keirsey. At that time, I decided I was some mix of INFJ and INTJ. I ended up looking for online groups, but didn't find one that suited until I came here. Now I have all this other stuff to learn about--functions, enneagram, etc.

thegrayvapour

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
I went from living in rural Illinois and Oklahoma to living in Los Angeles.

Then I met a girl. Then I got overwhelmed and had to talk to someone about why I felt like everyone was sucking all my energy out of me.

Turns out I'm a INFP male.

(mind blown)

Pajderman

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
9w1
Instinctual Variant
sp
Well, a female friend of mine sent a testresult from an MBTI-test and said that it described her precisely. I got intrested and took the test too. My result was INFJ and I was astonished by the accuracy of the description. One thing that made me gasp was that even the abilty to "read minds" or "foreseeing the future" was described. This was abilities i could relate to immensely, although I had never told anyone about them. I got really exited that that type of blessing or curse could be linked to some kind of personality type. I thought I was just really really crazy. This was some good 5 years ago.

So I started to learn more about the diffrent types. Lately I have become more intrested and started to make notes on possible types of the people around me. I feel that typing and sorting people help me to understand them, but I sometimes fear that it takes away some of the charm in getting to know a person. When I found it difficult to type a person in one of the 16 MBTI-types I went to learn more on other sort of personality thingies. Found this forum and after some reading thought of a nice place to learn more.

raindancing

actinomycetes
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I had seen mentions of it off and on, but had always discounted it as bullshit. Then one day I was bored and took the test, was surprised at the accurateness of the INFP description. Proceeded to scour the internet for information. Read every book the library had on personalities. Bought books they didn't have. Did my standard obsession thing.
It really REALLY helped me. Accept myself, understand my messed up family, understand people in general... given fascinating structure for endless theorizing and pattern finding.
I'm so glad I discovered it before having kids.

kissmyasthma

MBTI Type
I???
Enneagram
huh
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
I was on the internet.
I was bored.
I stumbled across a personality test.
I looked into MBTI further and further because it was great way to procrastinate and avoid doing the things I actually needed to do.
Somehow I ended up here.
:greatscott:

Froody Blue Gem

Necromancing Scapelamb
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
My sister had taken the quiz and recommended I take it too. This was about three or four years ago. I tested as INFJ and related to the type description the quiz gave me. I wanted to get into it so I began reading blogs about INFJs/MBTI. I discovered there were other types and began to question my type and waffled between the IxFx types... (Now I know the only part of my dichotomy that's still there is the I part but different story.) One blogger recomended I study the functions. I got into enneagram later.

Tina&Jane

Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
I took a career test in high school that had an MBTI component, have been fascinated ever since.