User Tag List

First 12

Results 11 to 19 of 19

  1. #11
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    MBTI
    STP
    Posts
    10,498

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Porcelain Hearts View Post
    I feel most NF and NTs I encounter are because of their cross examination and utility of their N functions. But also, who isn't multi-talented these days with the social-economics matrix and our staggering population numbers to make ourselves more useful in the workforce. I suppose this begs another question, if we are truly under the illusion of extended free time or the narcissist complex?
    It could just be relevant to myself...
    though our multi-talents does not invariably mean we are exceptional at all that interests us. On that account, what is it that you stubbornly use your time doing, knowing you're not expecting recognition or nobel peace prize for it?

    I'll be honest.
    I can sing and play guitar, but I have yet to compose my own song.
    I can skateboard, but I can't do any tricks.
    I can dance to many different genres, and in front of large audiences; it's just me and the music. But for the love of me, following choreography is too onerous.
    In the same aspect, I model without any direction, contorting my figure to find emotion. But I'm no longer industry standard thin (not that it matters except no more paid gigs).
    I design, paint and draw with accuracy, but I'm intensely slow about it.

    So to save myself from an agonizing standard, having creative or physical outlets help me escape the boring work-concentrated duties. What are some of yours?
    Also, how much creativity do you apply to your work? And is it more or less motivating?
    LMAO...sorry...had to.

    This is something that is person based and not personality based.

    I am a really good computer programmer as well as build them
    Have done an engine swap, installed a stand alone fuel management system, hooked it up to my computer and programmed it
    I am a black belt in Tae Kwon Do
    I am a handy man
    I am extremely technical
    I have no issues handling womens emotions
    Love working on cars
    Into car stereos
    Can play the piano a little
    I know about retirement planning/stocks(used to frequent sites such as MotleyFool)
    Have read alot about dieting and exercising
    Know alot about mortgages, money, credit, etc.
    Have a degree in electronics
    Love jet skiing, driving fast, bike riding, camping, anything physical
    I wont even go into sexual

    I can go on and on...SP
    Im out, its been fun

  2. #12
    Permabanned
    Join Date
    May 2009
    MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sx
    Socionics
    SEE Fi
    Posts
    25,301

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by _Poki_ View Post
    LMAO...sorry...had to.

    This is something that is person based and not personality based.

    I am a really good computer programmer as well as build them
    Have done an engine swap, installed a stand alone fuel management system, hooked it up to my computer and programmed it
    I am a black belt in Tae Kwon Do
    I am a handy man
    I am extremely technical
    I have no issues handling womens emotions
    Love working on cars
    Into car stereos
    Can play the piano a little
    I know about retirement planning/stocks(used to frequent sites such as MotleyFool)
    Have read alot about dieting and exercising
    Know alot about mortgages, money, credit, etc.
    Have a degree in electronics
    Love jet skiing, driving fast, bike riding, camping, anything physical

    I can go on and on...SP
    Yeah I think this is indicative of Se though...different things...but want to be the "best" at it (if Keirsey is to be at all believed).

  3. #13
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    MBTI
    STP
    Posts
    10,498

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Marmie Dearest View Post
    Yeah I think this is indicative of Se though...different things...but want to be the "best" at it (if Keirsey is to be at all believed).
    Yes...I personally have a huge thirst, drive, and obsession when I do things. Reading, learning, practicing, and constantly moving forward. Its all based on where I am in life and whats going on in my life.
    Im out, its been fun

  4. #14
    Senior Member Porcelain Hearts's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    4w5
    Posts
    167

    Default

    Thanks for sharing your hobbies and life, Poki. :P If I shared all of mine, well... I still wouldn't be nearly as talented as you. But I have to mention I only listed the skills I would put above the average person (apart from skateboarding, but how many girls skateboard - 1/20? probably less). I find it discerning I admit, to be technical and it's almost like it requires extra energy to remember computer data or delicate details.
    I realise Marmie made a good point about Se/Si function on mental stimulation, I wouldn't cancel personality out of it.

  5. #15
    Honor Thy Inferior Such Irony's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    MBTI
    INtp
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/so
    Socionics
    LII Ne
    Posts
    5,091

    Default

    I'm not really talented at all, at least not in the things people describe in this thread. I'm not artistic or athletic at all. I don't have many things that people would consider hobbies. Most of my free time is spent reading, on the Internet, playing video games, doing puzzles, that sort of stuff. I'm more of a thinker than a doer and I guess what I envision as talent being good at something that has a more tangible end product.

    I guess I'm kind of the jack of all trades when it comes areas of knowledge. I know a little bit on alot of different topics but I don't really consider myself an expert on any particular thing. Maybe one or two really obscure areas but that's about it.
    INtp
    5w6 or 9w1 sp/so/sx, I think
    Ravenclaw/Hufflepuff
    Neutral Good
    LII-Ne




  6. #16
    Senior Member King sns's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    MBTI
    enfp
    Enneagram
    6w7 sp/sx
    Socionics
    IEE
    Posts
    6,748

    Default

    I can come up with tons of ideas for projects but have little patience in practice.. At the store:
    "This would be fun to turn into a candle holde- oh wait, I could put them into like a fountain and I could make like windchimes to put over it, like.. windchimes with the turquoise stone that I like, I wonder how they cut that stone, I wonder how far I could go with that, I mean, do I want to go see some stone cutter guy or hey look!! I could turn that into a frame, I could paint over it and then take some shells off the beach and throw some glue and dried flowers and make it all look Asian like, I could actually go to Asia, I should seriously just go totally green and find a way to make some self sufficient home in Central Asia and just hey look!!! These beautiful beads!!!! When the world starts to come crashing down around me I can learn all these trades and crafts that people won't be able to turn down! Will people still want beads? Wouldn't it be fun to make a movie called "The Beadmaker" over the course of my life, and it could be really hard but quite beautiful really!

    I try to bring stuff to reality but get impatient really easily. I can't boil down to the details but can make things look pretty in a pinch. Sometimes I have a big mob of projects on my brain at once so when I'm actually doing one, it's coming out just "loosely based" on the original thought, and sometimes melds together with some other projects that I already had in mind. So, in short, I'm not very talented.... all talk and no trousers or whatever it is.
    06/13 10:51:03 five sounds: you!!!
    06/13 10:51:08 shortnsweet: no you!!
    06/13 10:51:12 shortnsweet: go do your things and my things too!
    06/13 10:51:23 five sounds: oh hell naw
    06/13 10:51:55 shortnsweet: !!!!
    06/13 10:51:57 shortnsweet: (cries)
    06/13 10:52:19 RiftsWRX: You two are like furbies stuck in a shoe box

    My Nohari
    My Johari
    by sns.

  7. #17
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    MBTI
    STP
    Posts
    10,498

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by shortnsweet View Post
    I can come up with tons of ideas for projects but have little patience in practice.. At the store:
    "This would be fun to turn into a candle holde- oh wait, I could put them into like a fountain and I could make like windchimes to put over it, like.. windchimes with the turquoise stone that I like, I wonder how they cut that stone, I wonder how far I could go with that, I mean, do I want to go see some stone cutter guy or hey look!! I could turn that into a frame, I could paint over it and then take some shells off the beach and throw some glue and dried flowers and make it all look Asian like, I could actually go to Asia, I should seriously just go totally green and find a way to make some self sufficient home in Central Asia and just hey look!!! These beautiful beads!!!! When the world starts to come crashing down around me I can learn all these trades and crafts that people won't be able to turn down! Will people still want beads? Wouldn't it be fun to make a movie called "The Beadmaker" over the course of my life, and it could be really hard but quite beautiful really!

    I try to bring stuff to reality but get impatient really easily. I can't boil down to the details but can make things look pretty in a pinch. Sometimes I have a big mob of projects on my brain at once so when I'm actually doing one, it's coming out just "loosely based" on the original thought, and sometimes melds together with some other projects that I already had in mind. So, in short, I'm not very talented.... all talk and no trousers or whatever it is.
    I like no trousers ...
    Im out, its been fun

  8. #18
    Senior Member INTP's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    MBTI
    intp
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx
    Posts
    7,823

    Default

    multi talent is the only talent i have
    "Where wisdom reigns, there is no conflict between thinking and feeling."
    — C.G. Jung

    Read

  9. #19
    In orbit
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    4w3 sx
    Posts
    291

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by LucidLegend1984 View Post
    From what I have seen in person with NTs or NFs is that most are Jack of all trades but masters of none, just as you escribed your talents.

    We tend to go for the more versitile as opposed to the more mission specific.
    I've often thought of myself as picking up any basic skills I need for a specific task or just picking things up easy. Just recently I learned how to bake at a pretty "advanced level" because I needed to cater a party to save money. I managed to bake 4 pretty difficult varied cakes (Sacher cake, Glazed carrotcake with marzipan decorations, Non dairy chocolate cake, Quark blueberry cake) and 3 types of pies, cookies and macaroons. After doing a few different types I can now apply the basic ideas to make unique cakes.
    When I was a teen I dated a graphic designer. We were late for a party and he was doing some HTML for work and couldn't get a picture in the right place. I was hovering around him and noticed there was a pattern repeating there around what I figured where pictures and that what he was writing was missing something that repeated. It turned out I was right and we could go to the party. (Yei!)
    I can usually figure basic rules easily spontaneously on a need to know basis.

    Quote Originally Posted by Porcelain Hearts View Post
    I suppose I shouldn't use the term multi-talented since there are skills we directly maximize. Of course being in shape is alloted time out of the day to become.. superhuman (why else?).





    I'd be inclined to believe so. Sensors have a focused and exceptional ability to hone in one a particular skill, understanding the mechanics of it in detail and with no surprise, they become experts at it. Some of them reproduce very detailed and composed works of art. iNtuitives probably see things in a dream-like sequence, details are not so important as to the grand feeling or overall message itself. Less repetition, more innovation.
    I think this is it.
    I hate repetition, unless it's a specific thing I have a problem with. (Like repeating the one or two parts in a song that are more challenging as opposed to going through the whole shebang a million times.)
    Generally I think I have good overall understanding and skills from sciences (though I haven't pursued them I had top grades in biology & chemistry), humanities (ditto, but top grades at upper secondary level in Philosophy, Comparative religion, Political history, History, 3 different languages) to the arts (painting, graphic design, music, recording technology, writing, ...and I've acted too) and can do things with my hands (bake, do woodcarvings, make jewellery and props) so general talent....with the exception of being somewhat number blind (though I have a high IQ) and unable to learn some physical things like juggling or dance steps. With those I suck immensely I'd say I'm not an expert in anything but I know more than the average Joe about lots of things.... My interest in developing skills is always task specific and I pick them up for my long term projects...which I suppose is very INFJ.

Similar Threads

  1. How are you not like your type, in career choice and talents?
    By Generalist in forum Academics and Careers
    Replies: 61
    Last Post: 02-13-2017, 10:06 PM
  2. Height/How tall are you?
    By niffer in forum The Fluff Zone
    Replies: 360
    Last Post: 06-20-2016, 02:44 PM
  3. What are you wearing right now?
    By Sartorial in forum The Bonfire
    Replies: 74
    Last Post: 04-29-2016, 02:28 PM
  4. Why are you here?
    By rhinosaur in forum The Bonfire
    Replies: 30
    Last Post: 05-19-2011, 06:08 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
Single Sign On provided by vBSSO