• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[ENFP] ENFP 7w6s vs ENFP 7w8s (vs ENFPs of other E Types)

Elfboy

Certified Sausage Smoker
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
as per request of [MENTION=8904]Esoteric Wench[/MENTION]
I'll be posting more in this thread when I think of stuff to put in. In the mean time, what are some similarities/differences you notice between ENFPs who are 7w6 vs 7w8?
Edit: now accomodating other ENFP E-Types

Last edited:

Hyacinth

MBTI Type
intp
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I think that the biggest difference comes in the form of self restraint. 7w8's are probably more likely to think about the consequences later, while a 7w6 might think things through a little bit before doing something. (in my opinion)

Elfboy

Certified Sausage Smoker
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I think that the biggest difference comes in the form of self restraint. 7w8's are probably more likely to think about the consequences later, while a 7w6 might think things through a little bit before doing something. (in my opinion)

personally I tend to think about the consequences but then think "screw it, I'm doing it anyway" (though as an Sp dom I'd say I have better impulse than most 7w8s, or 7w6s for that matter)

the biggest difference I've noticed is that 7w8 ENFPs are often more are a little more cool, to the point and TJ-ish in demeanor. 7w6s are warmer, more agreeable and more goofy/bubbly. they tend to have either a softer or more avoidant approach to conflict while the 7w8 will just tell you "mmm, no, that's BS"

Hyacinth

MBTI Type
intp
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
the biggest difference I've noticed is that 7w8 ENFPs are often more are a little more cool, to the point and TJ-ish in demeanor. 7w6s are warmer, more agreeable and more goofy/bubbly. they tend to have either a softer or more avoidant approach to conflict while the 7w8 will just tell you "mmm, no, that's BS"

Well, I've certainly never felt or been told that I am at all "tj-ish" but I think that both 7w8's and 7w6's are capable of being agreeable or goofy, I guess it depends on the circumstances at hand.

Elfboy

Certified Sausage Smoker
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Well, I've certainly never felt or been told that I am at all "tj-ish" but I think that both 7w8's and 7w6's are capable of being agreeable or goofy, I guess it depends on the circumstances at hand.

- goofy wasn't the right word. 7w8s and 7w6s have different flavors of goofiness (it's difficult to explain the difference but you can generally tell 7w6 humor from 7w8 humor)
- 7w8s can be agreeable, we'd usually rather have a good time than start trouble, but 7w6s put more energy toward avoiding being disagreeable. 7w8s don't really care if conflict emerges (it's a natural part of life and communication, and it's usually entertaining)
- it depends on the 7w8 (as you said). some ENFP 7w8s are more like Richard Branson, others are more TJ-ish

PS: we need some more 7w6s :D
[MENTION=5418]Lady X[/MENTION]
[MENTION=1464]LadyJaye[/MENTION]
[MENTION=5489]shortnsweet[/MENTION]
Edit: now that I've confirmed your identity, I would say I find you a little TJ-ish

Lady_X

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
you called??

Elfboy

Certified Sausage Smoker
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
you called??

this thread is about the differences between ENFP 7w8 and ENFP 7w6, so I thought I'd invite some 7w6s to the party :yay: :yay:

Lady_X

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
oh okay now that i've read the thread...yep agreed it's in the humor..i think 7w8s are a bit more dry. their funny is different..more to the point...cutting...7w6 i guess are a bit more light or silly?? i guess...

Elfboy

Certified Sausage Smoker
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp

Elfboy

Certified Sausage Smoker
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
oh okay now that i've read the thread...yep agreed it's in the humor..i think 7w8s are a bit more dry. their funny is different..more to the point...cutting...7w6 i guess are a bit more light or silly?? i guess...

7w6 humor makes me want to hug them. it's warm, endearing and has an almost childlike quality to it. 7w8 humor is just as you said (also, it tends to be more cocky. the stereotypical rapper for instance is probably an ExxP 7w8)

Hyacinth

MBTI Type
intp
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
not extremely TJ-ish (a la Muchaparadox lol) but noticeably more Te driven/direct than most of the other ENFPs on PerC

I always had a sneaking suspicion that a lot are mistyped as well.

Elfboy

Certified Sausage Smoker
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I always had a sneaking suspicion that a lot are mistyped as well.

same, though I won't call any of them out. some of them stuck out as clear Fe users to me though

Lady_X

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
7w6 humor makes me want to hug them. it's warm, endearing and has an almost childlike quality to it. 7w8 humor is just as you said (also, it tends to be more cocky. the stereotypical rapper for instance is probably an ExxP 7w8)

yeah...it seems as tho most people almost instantly feel paternal toward me...in a sweet way...and it's really strange and i don't know how it happens but i get a lot of strangers and people calling me sweety or honey...it's just a very odd thing that i can't describe...almost as if they want to protect me...or something...i don't know why...but it must be that childlike thing that i can barely even see myself.. :/

Elfboy

Certified Sausage Smoker
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
yeah...it seems as tho most people almost instantly feel paternal toward me...in a sweet way...and it's really strange and i don't know how it happens but i get a lot of strangers and people calling me sweety or honey...it's just a very odd thing that i can't describe...almost as if they want to protect me...or something...i don't know why...but it must be that childlike thing that i can barely even see myself.. :/

I try not to do this to people (personally I would find it condescending if someone did it to me) though I would say I naturally fall into the "big bro" role in relationships (I've probably mentioned this before). not like the bossy kind or anything of that nature, just that I'm there if they need guidance or support (any type can do this, but I think 7w8s and ENFPs are both somewhat predisposed to this type of relationship)

I'd like to add that ENFP 7w6s can also be plenty assertive, just they they tend to do so with a softer, more diplomatic touch and often less obviously than a 7w8 (with a 7w8, what we want is usually not guess work)

Lady_X

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
i'm definitely assertive....and i didn't mean to make ^^ that sound like people treat me in a condescending way..just that people don't often put up a guard with me...

Elfboy

Certified Sausage Smoker
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
i'm definitely assertive....and i didn't mean to make ^^ that sound like people treat me in a condescending way..just that people don't often put up a guard with me...

this is a great way of putting it. people tend to think I'm "too much" and often become defensive/reactive with me

Lady_X

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
yeah...my ex boyfriend was (i think) a 7w8 and he had a much more intimidating presence...very likeable but like...he'll debate ya in a sec if you don't word it perfectly...i can imagine people are more careful in their interactions with him.

stalemate

Post-Humorously
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
7w6
I feel compelled to post here just to increase the 7w6 count. I have nothing to add directly, but you can talk about me if you want. :)

Esoteric Wench

Professional Trickster
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
7w8
as per request of [MENTION=8904]Esoteric Wench[/MENTION]
I'll be posting more in this thread when I think of stuff to put in. In the mean time, what are some similarities/differences you notice between ENFPs who are 7w6 vs 7w8?

[MENTION=5684]Elfboy[/MENTION], you completely rock! I'm slammed tonight but will catch up on this thread tomorrow. *Subscribed.*