• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[ENFP] ENFP 7w6s vs ENFP 7w8s (vs ENFPs of other E Types)

Elfboy

Certified Sausage Smoker
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
[MENTION=5684]Elfboy[/MENTION], you completely rock! I'm slammed tonight but will catch up on this thread tomorrow. *Subscribed.*

where have you been?

Starry

PS: we need some more 7w6s :D
Lady X
LadyJaye
shortnsweet

It's a shame you didn't invite me to this party. I mean...we could have taken this thread to the next level man. Like the...ENFP-INTJ fetish thread...or the Doorslamming thread? <--- weak. With my help this thing could have easily reached 2,000 or more pages. But you chose to focus on your *favs*...so whatevs.

Elfboy

Certified Sausage Smoker
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
It's a shame you didn't invite me to this party. I mean...we could have taken this thread to the next level man. Like the...ENFP-INTJ fetish thread...or the Doorslamming thread? <--- weak. With my help this thing could have easily reached 2,000 or more pages. But you chose to focus on your *favs*...so whatevs.

sorry, I thought you were a 9. by all means, the party's still going :yay: :yay: :yay:

Starry

sorry, I thought you were a 9. by all means, the party's still going :yay: :yay: :yay:

OMgosh haha...I've never heard 9 before. I think most people think INFP 4 ((and for the record I don't think I ever posted in the ENFP - INTJ fetishes thread. Or maybe once...trying to brown-nose Edgar or something which totally didn't work...idk)). Likewise...I'm not even sure what to say on this topic. Let me see...

I have an ENFP friend that identifies with 8w7 as opposed to 7w8 (although I could see her being a 7 with a strong 8 wing)...she definitely has that NTJ vibe about her. So much so I actually thought she was an INTJ when I was first starting out with MBTI. It has been interesting to learn her actual type...and then note the (massive) differences between us. She has a drive I don't even possess in my dreams as I tend to scatter my energies ('tend'...what the hell am I talking about?...that should read...'I scatter my energies'). She absolutely refuses to focus on anything negative and can be quite critical of anyone that does. Like I have heard her say many times that she can't handle anyone with a 'woe-is-me' attitude. <--- this does NOT mean that she is not sympathetic to unfortunate life circumstances. To the contrary...she will fight to the death for anyone that she believes is an underdog...being mistreated, etc. And I do too. 'Standing-up for someone that is being mistreated' is where my baseline anxiousness will turn to anger and I'll lash out. But I don't notice any surface anxiousness with her. And her anger can be quite off-the-charts.

I relate to what X was saying about people sorta wanting to 'take you under their wing'. I notice this happening to me with people that do not know me well. And once they start to learn things about me like...where I went to school...where I've lived and travelled...the things I've done...I can actually see question marks forming above their heads as if to say...'ah what? I wouldn't think you *smart* enough to do stuff like that...' haha!!! But with my ENFP 8w7 or 7w8 friend? Holy shit no. She absolutely commands respect in a way I do not. People would never consider her some sort of 'innocent'.

Elfboy

Certified Sausage Smoker
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
OMgosh haha...I've never heard 9 before. I think most people think INFP 4 ((and for the record I don't think I ever posted in the ENFP - INTJ fetishes thread. Or maybe once...trying to brown-nose Edgar or something which totally didn't work...idk)). Likewise...I'm not even sure what to say on this topic. Let me see...

I have an ENFP friend that identifies with 8w7 as opposed to 7w8 (although I could see her being a 7 with a strong 8 wing)...she definitely has that NTJ vibe about her. So much so I actually thought she was an INTJ when I was first starting out with MBTI. It has been interesting to learn her actual type...and then note the (massive) differences between us. She has a drive I don't even possess in my dreams as I tend to scatter my energies ('tend'...what the hell am I talking about?...that should read...'I scatter my energies'). She absolutely refuses to focus on anything negative and can be quite critical of anyone that does. Like I have heard her say many times that she can't handle anyone with a 'woe-is-me' attitude. <--- this does NOT mean that she is not sympathetic to unfortunate life circumstances. To the contrary...she will fight to the death for anyone that she believes is an underdog...being mistreated, etc. And I do too. 'Standing-up for someone that is being mistreated' is where my baseline anxiousness will turn to anger and I'll lash out. But I don't notice any surface anxiousness with her. And her anger can be quite off-the-charts.

I relate to what X was saying about people sorta wanting to 'take you under their wing'. I notice this happening to me with people that do not know me well. And once they start to learn things about me like...where I went to school...where I've lived and travelled...the things I've done...I can actually see question marks forming above their heads as if to say...'ah what? I wouldn't think you *smart* enough to do stuff like that...' haha!!! But with my ENFP 8w7 or 7w8 friend? Holy shit no. She absolutely commands respect in a way I do not. People would never consider her some sort of 'innocent'.

this. this is a key difference

Edgar

Nerd King Usurper
MBTI Type
INTJ
Instinctual Variant
sx
OMgosh haha...I've never heard 9 before. I think most people think INFP 4 ((and for the record I don't think I ever posted in the ENFP - INTJ fetishes thread. Or maybe once...trying to brown-nose Edgar or something which totally didn't work...idk)).

Sorry, the ass was at full capacity at the time and was unable to accommodate any more noses. Please try again later.

Starry

Sorry, the ass was at full capacity at the time and was unable to accommodate any more noses. Please try again later.

OMG haha! I have no idea how you caught that haha. (here's your chance Starry don't blow it...) I kinda feel like Brian right now...when he sees/meets Mystery for the first time.

Esoteric Wench

Professional Trickster
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
7w8
where have you been?

Sorry I've disappeared for a bit, [MENTION=5684]Elfboy[/MENTION]. I'm on the planning team for our local TEDx conference and our event was the day after you started this thread. I've been completely overworked and stressed out these past several days. But I'm finally coming up for air and am able to participate in this thread which I find fascinating. Thanks for posting it.

To everyone else: I asked Elfboy to start this thread so I / we could learn more about the differences between ENFP 7w8s and 6w7s, which is a topic I find fascinating.

I'm definitely an ENFP 7w8. And, I've found that there are major differences between myself and ENFP 7w6s on this forum. I'm still getting my head around Enneagram stuff, but one of the first things I noticed was that 7w6s were "nicer" than me... to the point of being so nice that they let themselves be treated with less respect than they deserve... or so it seems to me.

Another thing I've noticed in real life is that I seem to be a lot more ambitious and driven than the ENFP 7w6s I know. I'm very goal oriented (like how I'm chairing one of the committees for my local TEDx event). I've observed that 7w6s seem to be more focused on "having fun" rather than getting to a pre-defined goal.

Finally, I've noticed that ENFP 7w6s seem to be more universally liked than I am. Frankly, I have the ability to really piss people off sometimes by holding my ground. Everyone loves the 7w6s I know in real life. On the other hand, they don't very often say stuff that is super controversial.

Of course, it isn't my intention to piss people off. But I'd rather do that than wuss out when it comes to taking a stand about something I believe is right.

I don't know if this matches anyone else's experiences. I'd love to hear from others about the differences they observe in these two sub-groups of ENFPs. Of course, ENFPs (regardless of E type) have more in common than those things that differentiates us like Enneagram type. Nonetheless, the 7w8 and 7w6 differences seem undeniable.

:smile:

Elfboy

Certified Sausage Smoker
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
[MENTION=8904]Esoteric Wench[/MENTION]
this is slightly off topic, but I'm pretty sure you're Sp dom. does this sound like you?

The Self-Preservation Instinct in the Seven
"Getting Mine" (Ichazo's "Defenders") In the average range, Self-Preservation Sevens are determined, energetic people, driven to make sure that their basic needs and comforts will always be met. Their attitudes and concerns tend to emphasize the practical and the material. (In the immortal words of Scarlett O'Hara, "As God is my witness, I will never go hungry again!") They tend to be ambitious and work hard to insure that options will remain open to them.

Self-Preservation Sevens know that they cannot keep track of every piece of information they may need, so they often cultivate a group of friends and "advisors" who share enthusiasms and interests with them. These people keep the Seven informed of new possibilities and resources, and provide the stimulation and social interaction that Sevens enjoy. Self-Preservation Sevens enjoy learning about others' plans and projects as well as regaling others with their own. This is not the same as the bonding with others found in some Sixes, however. The feeling is looser—Self-Preservation Sevens are not interested in developing dependencies on others or in having others depend excessively on them. They want to be able to come and go as they choose and are impatient with restrictions—group participation must feel voluntary, not obligatory.

Less healthy Self-Preservation Sevens can feel impatient and panicky when their needs are not quickly met. They often experience anxieties about the loss of comforts or of material support, and easily feel deprived. (Fears about going hungry are not uncommon.) They can be extremely demanding and cranky when frustrated, expecting others to meet their needs as soon as they are expressed—or even sooner.

In the unhealthy range, Self-Preservation Sevens can be extremely thoughtless and relentless in pursuit of security needs. They aggressively go after whatever they believe will make them feel more secure or stave off their anxiety, and brook no interference. Reckless with their finances and resources, spending out of control or gambling, they can be even more profligate with their own health and inner resources. They push themselves beyond reasonable limits, eating, drinking, and indulging themselves to excess.

compare to Social Instinct 7s

Missing Out. In the average range, Social Sevens often cultivate a group of friends and "advisors" who share enthusiasms and interests with them. These people keep the Seven informed of new possibilities and provide the stimulation and variety that Sevens enjoy. Idealistic people, they like getting involved with social interactions and causes, finding these activities exciting. However, once involved in the projects with other people, Social Sevens can become frustrated and feel bogged down by others' slower pace/ At such times, social responsibility begins to feel burdensome—they are caught in a conflict between the desire to fulfill their commitments and the desire to go off and do their own thing. Moreover, Social Sevens are always on the lookout for a more stimulating setting ("This New Year's gathering is pretty nice, but I bet Ted's party will really be jumping after midnight!"). Social Sevens also resent authority, seeing it as arbitrary and unnecessary—yet another source of social restriction.

Less healthy Social Sevens tend to scatter their energy and resources, to half commit. They make sure to fill their calendars and date books, but also "pencil in" back-up plans, so that they are not trapped in any particular course of action. They tend to have many pokers in the fire, but are too distracted to get white-hot about any of them. They are friendly and engaging, even charming, but easily feel trapped any may cancel appointments or dates with little or no notice if anxiety or a more promising social engagement presents itself.

In the unhealthy range, Social Sevens tend to dissipate their force and talent in endless successions of meetings, social gatherings, and "planning sessions" that are never brought to a conclusion. They leave a trail of loose ends and broken hearts, never alighting anywhere for long. They are unsettled and unsettling since flight from anxiety renders them irresponsible and leads them into potentially dangerous and destructive "social scenes."

Lady_X

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Yeah I don't really feel the need to stand my ground very often but it doesn't come from a fear Of being disliked or from being afraid of confrontation. It's more that I just simply don't care very much if others agree with me or have a different opinion. I don't feel a need to have my opinions validated. I just feel best with a live and let live mentality. You think your way and l think mine and all's good ya know?

Really dislike the fact that that may come off as wussy style or something when I assure you for me it is not.

stalemate

Post-Humorously
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
7w6
Yeah I don't really feel the need to stand my ground very often but it doesn't come from a fear Of being disliked or from being afraid of confrontation. It's more that I just simply don't care very much if others agree with me or have a different opinion. I don't feel a need to have my opinions validated. I just feel best with a live and let live mentality. You think your way and l think mine and all's good ya know?

Really dislike the fact that that may come off as wussy style or something when I assure you for me it is not.
Exactly this. A lot of times I just don't care that much. :/

Elfboy

Certified Sausage Smoker
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
it seems to me that 3w2s and 7w6s tend to mistype as each other and 3w4s and 7w8s tend to mistype as each other

five sounds

MyPeeSmellsLikeCoffee247
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Ok, can someone help me out with these number-letter combinations? How can I tell what I am and what do they mean? Thank you!

S

Stansmith

I have alot of psuedo-7w8 moments, but I'm not that consistently virile or confident.

five sounds

MyPeeSmellsLikeCoffee247
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Alright, so I tested as a 2w3. This means I'm super helpy? I also saw that it might make me a little more attention-seeking in the form of love and appreciation for the help I give others. Interesting.

Malkavia

MBTI Type
ENXP
Enneagram
3w4
Never heard of an ENFP 2w3 before. Interesting. :)