• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[NF] What would life be without your faith?

Istbkleta

MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
You don't have to be strongly religious or go to church or anything to describe it briefly.

Thank you.

visaisahero

MBTI Type
ENTP
I'm an atheist, but I consider myself a spiritual person. I think we all are.

My "faith" is love, and awe, and splendor, and beauty. Mercy, grace, compassion.

I cannot separate my life from my "faith". My "faith" is how I make sense of reality.

Asking about life without "faith" is like asking what the world would look like if we did not have eyes (or, to be more accurate, the ability to make sense of the visual information that is transmitted through our eyes.)

Faith isn't something we put on like a hat every weekend- it's embedded in every moment, in every breath, in every decision.

S

Society

much more pleasurable:
i enjoyed being a spritiual agnostic a lot more then i'm enjoying being a metaphorically-spiritual tea pot agnostic.

it was a nicer when all the paradigms where equally possible rather then ordered by probability, and socially speaking it was a lot easier to play around in other people's adopted paradigms. now i don't feel as flexible as i used too.

all of this happened because i lost an argument btw...

kyli_ryan

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
2wX
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
Without faith, life would have much more uncertainty, and there would be no hope for me to accomplish anything.

I've been having some tough times, as far as knowing the future goes... but I think that my faith in God's plan (or the plan of the universe or whatever you think personally) has really helped me to keep going and find hope in little developments :)

Qlip

Post Human Post
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
My faith empowers me to care enough to bother breathing from second to second.

greenfairy

philosopher wood nymph
MBTI Type
iNfj
Enneagram
6w5
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I'm an atheist and polytheist at the same time. I don't know what I would say I have faith in. If I wasn't theistic at all, my life wouldn't be that different. If I didn't have faith in anything good, my life would be terrible.

Totenkindly

@.~*virinaĉo*~.@
MBTI Type
BELF
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
all of this happened because i lost an argument btw...

Oh dear. You've gotta watch that -- the last time I lost an argument, I ended up moving from Evangelicalism -> existential depression -> agnosticism before I stabilized.

W

WALMART

I would ascend beyond this realm, untethered by gravity and things of the like.

Unfortunately, knowledge makes it so. Sigh.

A

Anew Leaf

I would ascend beyond this realm, untethered by gravity and things of the like.

Unfortunately, knowledge makes it so. Sigh.

*untethers your balloon for you are a leaf on the wind and we can watch you soar*

prplchknz

MBTI Type
yupp
I don't have a faith. its all just a shot in the dark for me.

Grublet

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ISTJ
Enneagram
AVC
I have faith in the analysis of theories and concepts.

Vilku

MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
lets see.. First i would be like "ouww daawnm.. Again. ='( "
then next day, im apparently again.. Bouncing on walls in happiness at my newfound(invented) inspirational philosophy or ideal self image.

.. Its what i anyways do all the time. =\
for now, until i reach the point where ive gone through all possibilities and thus cant excuse myself for how "important" it is for my self development.. -.-

freeeekyyy

Cheeseburgers
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I wouldn't do anything to bother continuing my life. Without the hope of redemption, this world has nothing to offer me and I have nothing to offer it. My faith in God is central to my continued existence.

RaptorWizard

Permabanned
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
The day a man no longer needs faith is the day a man becomes all knowing and therefore all powerful just like God, the very figure your faith is placed in the first place!

CuriousFeeling

From the Undertow
MBTI Type
INfJ
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Would be a return to my Gnostic phase in my college years, valuing reason and intellect as a salvation for humanity. Taking a more scientific perspective of life, focus on rationalism.

Standuble

I'm an atheist. I have been told the atheist position is inherently illogical but netherless I find myself adopting the position as it makes sense to me.

The day I gave up religion and belief in God was in retrospect a great day for me. It's always been one of my better decisions in life. I have a borderline nihilist/existentialist outlook on the world and I am in no ways depressed about it. My matter and energy will survive even when "I" no longer do.

However I do have faith but in a pure existential sense (empiricism and social mostly.)I have faith that humanity will overcome potential technical challenges which could threatens its future e.g. climate change, Peak Phosphorus, Peak Oil etc. in some shape or form so that some day it can create something I would consider "good" (though the judgment on its worth and value would ultimately be down to the inhabitants of said civilisation/society/era.) But I understand the human story will end one day and am relatively content about it. However I would be depressed if it were to destroy itself when there is still so much it could discover and learn.

Lark

My faith is important to me, maybe, I know its not as important as the faith God has in me and in us all. Without that faith there would be nothing.

cascadeco

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
9w1
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
My life would continue as-is, as I currently don't have 'faith' in a higher-power sense or beliefs around that, and I currently live my life deeply valuing my life here on earth, taking responsibility for my life and the choices I make, my awareness and awe that there's a vast universe out there and a myriad of things I don't know (it's so cool to think of), and I don't currently have a need for 'knowing' what may happen, if anything, after my death.

Pseudo

MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
I guess what it was before I had faith. A constant futile push to find meaning in being accepted by other people or proving my worth via accomplishment/accumulation/

Qlip

Post Human Post
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I guess what it was before I had faith. A constant futile push to find meaning in being accepted by other people or proving my worth via accomplishment/accumulation/

I believe that everyone is born with faith, one irrational idea. And this is it, just the belief that you have to try to keep living.