User Tag List

First 3456 Last

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    9w1 sx/sp

Life would have been a lot more lonely, and darker. Faith gave me blind hope when I needed it.

Quote Originally Posted by Saturned View Post
    *untethers your balloon for you are a leaf on the wind and we can watch you soar*
    Why did the leaf cross the road?

Anew Leaf

Quote Originally Posted by Joehobo View Post
    Life would have been a lot more lonely, and darker. Faith gave me blind hope when I needed it.

Why did the leaf cross the road?
    Because when the wind whispers a song in your ear, who can resist its siren allure? No one. Not even a leaf.

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    9w1 sx/sp

I like that. The leaf just couldn't resist.

I feel ashamed that my answer was just going to be "because the wind was blowing it".

If I didn't believe or hope in anything GOOD in the universe, that would be kinda depressing. I imagine I would be quite bummed out.

Enneagram
    4 so/sp

I suppose a fair amount of this could boil down to semantics. What some view as 'hope' or 'belief', I personally don't view or define as such... i.e. for me I see beauty and know/experience/see goodness, so it's not a matter of belief, I feel like it's just a real thing; it happens, it's there. Just like there's the ugly and cruelty,etc. So I don't feel like I need to 'have faith' that there's good in the world, because I know there is. ?? (and I simultaneously don't need a higher power to exist in ways it's usually believed in, for me to see good and know beauty ). I suppose though there's always the universal subjectivity amongst all of is, in what we each personally view as 'good'/'bad', beautiful/ugly, etc etc. Although there's also universals to all of these too, I imagine, but I don't want to get into a philosophical discussion on any of it, as all of these things can have separate convuluted discussions on their own.
    "...On and on and on and on he strode, far out over the sands, singing wildly to the sea, crying to greet the advent of the life that had cried to him." - James Joyce

My Photography and Watercolor Fine Art Prints!!! Cascade Colors Fine Art Prints
    https://docs.google.com/uc?export=do...Gd5N3NZZE52QjQ

Quote Originally Posted by cascadeco View Post
    I suppose a fair amount of this could boil down to semantics. What some view as 'hope' or 'belief', I personally don't view or define as such... i.e. for me I see beauty and know/experience/see goodness, so it's not a matter of belief, I feel like it's just a real thing; it happens, it's there. Just like there's the ugly and cruelty,etc. So I don't feel like I need to 'have faith' that there's good in the world, because I know there is. ?? (and I simultaneously don't need a higher power to exist in ways it's usually believed in, for me to see good and know beauty ). I suppose though there's always the universal subjectivity amongst all of is, in what we each personally view as 'good'/'bad', beautiful/ugly, etc etc. Although there's also universals to all of these too, I imagine, but I don't want to get into a philosophical discussion on any of it, as all of these things can have separate convuluted discussions on their own.
    Yeah it's kind of hard to conceive of a world where those things do not exist...

Quote Originally Posted by cascadeco View Post
    Different people will have different insight, self awareness, and coping mechanisms, and consequently attachment to external dogmas in search for psychological resilience.
    To avoid criticism, do nothing, say nothing, be nothing.
    ~ Elbert Hubbard

Music provides one of the clearest examples of a much deeper relation between mathematics and human experience.

It would be epic???

Silly questions deserve silly answers.
    Take the weakest thing in you
    And then beat the bastards with it
    And always hold on when you get love
    So you can let go when you give it

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    9w1 sx/sp

It's beginning to reek of condescension.

Wake, See, Sing, Dance Cellmold's Avatar

I dont know much about faith in the sense of a spiritual or religious sense. But from an early age it was made clear to me by many that any irrationality would be stamped out, squashed and thrown away.

Not necessarily my parents, but most of the other people I grew up around appeared to exist to make sure I didn't have faith in anything, that my hope was nothing more than a mild squeaking of the mind.

In retaliation I used to retreat into fantasy, I adored the imagination and the inside of my own head...to the rejection of the 'physical' world. But even so my entire experience of faith is to have it taken from you as soon as possible....and then be projected to being told how you are wrong in every sense.

Wrong ideals, wrong work ethic, wrong morals, wrong thoughts, wrong preferences, wrong dress sense, wrong argument style, wrong wrong wrong.....that's all I ever heard as a child and...even now quite often as an adult.

Trouble is, after a while you start to believe what others say if it is repeated enough....afterall, "why would they be repeating it?" Your mind asks you.
    So any faith or hope I do have I automatically pick it apart like a corpse on the gibbet, exposed to crows, and then I destroy it and break it down because that is what I was indoctrinated to do.

So that is what life is like without hope or faith.
    'One of (Lucas) Cranach's masterpieces, discussed by (Joseph) Koerner, is in it's self-referentiality the perfect expression of left-hemisphere emptiness and a precursor of post-modernism. There is no longer anything to point to beyond, nothing Other, so it points pointlessly to itself.' - Iain McGilChrist

Suppose a tree fell down, Pooh, when we were underneath it?"
    "Suppose it didn't," said Pooh, after careful thought.
    Piglet was comforted by this.
    - A.A. Milne.