• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[INFP] Hate an INFP REDUX

Leysing

MBTI Type
FiSi
INFPs! The masters of complicated banalities! Their modus operandi is neurotic through and through! Devoted to the senseless dwelling on the vulgar passions, blown hither and thither from impulse to impulse all of which they know not.

In other words, many INFPs, especially those who are dominated by Fi and rely very little on Ne by comparison to Fi are guided by intense sentiments that they do not understand. They make their lives very complicated because of their inability to solve problems in an efficient manner (because their Fi eclipsed the thinking faculty). They catastrophizes even the simplest of situations. Thinking is the function we use to assess the impersonal world, it is the function we use to understand how things are, almost by definition. Our attitude towards the inferior function tends to be negative. Thus it is not surprising to discover INFPs having negative thoughts about the world of impersonal occurences.

They tend to use their thoughts as merely the starting point for an emotional reaction. Even the most seemingly frivolous of occurences will be grounds for intense exercise of passion. This is the commonly observed 'mystical ecstasy' in the INFPs!

Fortunately all of us don't base our actions on Fi only. :rolleyes:

sade

INFPs! The masters of complicated banalities! Their modus operandi is neurotic through and through! Devoted to the senseless dwelling on the vulgar passions, blown hither and thither from impulse to impulse all of which they know not.

In other words, many INFPs, especially those who are dominated by Fi and rely very little on Ne by comparison to Fi are guided by intense sentiments that they do not understand. They make their lives very complicated because of their inability to solve problems in an efficient manner (because their Fi eclipsed the thinking faculty). They catastrophizes even the simplest of situations. Thinking is the function we use to assess the impersonal world, it is the function we use to understand how things are, almost by definition. Our attitude towards the inferior function tends to be negative. Thus it is not surprising to discover INFPs having negative thoughts about the world of impersonal occurences.

They tend to use their thoughts as merely the starting point for an emotional reaction. Even the most seemingly frivolous of occurences will be grounds for intense exercise of passion. This is the commonly observed 'mystical ecstasy' in the INFPs!

You ask for what reason I stay on the green mountain,
I smile, but do not answer, my heart is at leisure.
Peach blossom is carried far off by flowing water,
Apart, I have heaven and earth in the human world.

Li Bai - Question and Answer on the Mountain

Anja

MBTI Type
INFP
*Anja trips over the rug coming into the room and bumps her shoulder on the door frame. "Owie!" she blurts, too loudly, but no one looks up. She gives the door frame an indignant glance.

She drops her keys on the floor and, stooping to pick them up, spills her coffee. Picks up keys, tries to stuff them into her back pocket, misses and they fall on the floor again. She doesn't notice. No one looks up.

She grins and makes a lame joke. No one looks up.

In an effort to engage converstion she sallies, "Hey, wan't that subby I just saw in here? Oh, maybe I shouldn't call him that. SUBSTITUTE! Oh no, that wasn't this thread. That was a different room. What was the name of it again?" No one looks up.

She tries to make eye contact. No luck.

"Um. I heard that you guys are talking about INFPs in here. So, er, if you see one would you, um let me know? I'd sure appreciate it." No one looks up.

"Well. It's been a lotta fun but I got something I gotta do somewhere else. a different thread, I think. You know, the whatchamacallit one. It's been really good here. Really. It has. I liked it."

"Later."

Raises hand to wave bye and spills the rest of her coffee. This time down her new white Grateful Dead shirt.

"Dang!" No one looks up.

"Well. Like I said, I gotta go now, I think. What time is it anyway?"

No one looks up.

Turns and bumps into the end table, tipping the lamp on its side, bends to straighten the rug and sees her keys on the floor.

Hollers, "Hey! Lookit, guys. I musta dropped my keys!"

Skips out of the room alternately humming and muttering to herself. When she's halfway down the hall she beings to laugh out loud..

No one looks up.

As she opens the hallway door they hear. "Hey! What happened to my coffee?"*

I never use the word "hate" because I'm far too self-righteous.

But here's what I dislike about being an INFP.

Anja

MBTI Type
INFP
Third post. Very INFP of me.

(I love you guys.)

Udog

Seriously Delirious
MBTI Type
INfp
Enneagram
9w1
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Look at is as playing along with your amusing post! :D

Anja

MBTI Type
INFP
Udog!

This belongs on the funny things kids say thread.
When my boy was small he loved Underdog.

He'd say, "There's no pee to hear
Underdog is here!"

Do you wear your underpants on the outside of your tights?

Udog

Seriously Delirious
MBTI Type
INfp
Enneagram
9w1
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Do you wear your underpants on the outside of your tights?

Only when I am working. Dinner, too. And at night, when I go to bed. Sometimes when I take a shower.

Um, so not that often.

ceecee

Coolatta® Enjoyer
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
8w9
If I have a call to make, I just pick up the phone and dial. I know Ne will come through for me, lol.

Husband on the other hand can turn having to make a call into a make or break everything in life type situation and many time I just end up making the call or dialing the number and "warming the conversation up" for him. ugh.

:shock: I am SO sorry.

quietmusician

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
Wow. I hate thread, lol. Well, I know that some of the typical INFP behavior doesn't concern me, so I guess I could technically join in on this. But..I won't. I like everyone.

Nihilen

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ISTP
Except they whine too much, I have nothing to complain about INFPs.