• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[INFP] Hate an INFP REDUX

Carebear

will make your day
MBTI Type
INFP
Ok, Proteanmix has a point. A hate thread should not be about telling people how much you love them. So I'm creating a new version of the thread. In this thread there are some basic rules:

1: You do not have to hate an INFP to post here, but you do have to post things that annoy you about INFPs.
2: Yes, we're all different, and not all INFPs are this way or that, and health levels are an important factor etc. Let's say this is a given in this thread. In other words: If people say "INFPs are extremely childish", it's a given that they're talking about the INFPs they know and not every INFP on the planet, even if it's not specified. Therefore:
4. It's not allowed to defend INFPs in this thread, say you love them or modify people's statements by saying "Not everybody are this way." If you feel a need to defend INFPs, do it in a "what do you think of INFPs" thread, "Love an INFP" or in the old "Hate an INFP? Tell us why" thread which got derailed (yes, I know I played a role in that.)

So. What do you hate/find annoying/sometimes dislike/find funny (but in a slightly patronizing way) about INFPs?

I'll start. I hate how some INFPs tend to close their ears to logic in a discussion if it clashes with their ideas, even if they're very capable of rational thought up until that point in the conversation. Try pointing out that they have contradicting ideals in their heads and they'll either zone out completely, become extremely stupid or get emotional.

Example: I know an INFP vet. She's very intelligent and very pragmatic normally, but she's both very concerned with animal rights and at the same time raised on a Norwegian farm and hold the ideas she's been brought up with very dear. So now you have a animal rights person who thinks animals don't suffer when they're transported and slaughtered, who thinks killing whales is acceptable, who thinks the few wolves and wolverines in Norway should be shot in order to let sheep walk free in the mountains (not because she feels it's better for the sheep, but because farmers save money that way), and who at the same time feels it's terrible that tigers are close to extinction. I can buy a pragmatic "ok, I know it doesn't make sense, but that's the way I think", but she won't even admit it's contradictory and whenever I try to show her that wolves/tigers are the same mechanism, her eyez glaze over and she shuts down and sours.

Once we stumbled upon a bunny running free on a river bank, and she wanted to call the local animal rescue people. I tried telling her that it was probably wild, but she said: But there are cats and dogs around here, it could get hurt. When I asked her if she wanted to call the animal rescue people if we encountered a badger or a moose, she shut down, eyes glazing over again.

I've had similar problems with several other INFPs as well. As long as we're talking abstract concepts they're able to follow logic and reason, but as soon as it goes against one of their ideals, they suddenly lose this ability completely. For instance one time, when I explained cold reading and the Forer effect to an INFP at work, she loved it and followed it and really understood the concept judging from her questions. Then I applied it to mediums and astrology... nothing. Suddenly she couldn't even understand the basics of cold reading and started asking completely weird questions which all had one thing in common: They desperately tried to say that astrology and mediums were true, and if anything, perhaps cold reading was in fact an subconscious way of talking with the dead. As if I hadn't already explained the mechanisms of cold reading and the forer effect.

So... seems some INFPs have an Fi with extreme abilities. Not only can it completely shut off Ne, but it can actually go in and delete data from it and edit them to fit the desired image. Fucking annoying.

Carebear

will make your day
MBTI Type
INFP
Found this list of potential problem areas for INFPs. I've met INFPs who exhibited most of these:

* May be extremely sensitive to any kind of criticism
* May perceive criticism where none was intended
* May have skewed or unrealistic ideas about reality
* May be unable to acknowledge or hear anything that goes against their personal ideas and opinions
* May blame their problems on other people, seeing themselves as victims who are treated unfairly
* May have great anger, and show this anger with rash outpourings of bad temper
* May be unaware of appropriate social behavior
* May be oblivious to their personal appearance, or to appropriate dress
* May come across as eccentric, or perhaps even generally strange to others, without being aware of it
* May be unable to see or understand anyone else's point of view
* May value their own opinions and feelings far above others
* May be unaware of how their behavior affects others
* May be oblivious to other people's need
* May feel overwhelmed with tension and stress when someone expresses disagreement with the INFP, or disapproval of the INFP
* May develop strong judgments that are difficult to unseed against people who they perceive have been oppressive or suppressive to them
* Under great stress, may obsess about details that are unimportant to the big picture of things
* Under stress, may obsessively brood over a problem repeatedly
* May have unreasonable expectations of others
* May have difficulty maintaining close relationships, due to unreasonable expectations

Totenkindly

@.~*virinaĉo*~.@
MBTI Type
BELF
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
They never let a dead topic stay dead.

substitute

MBTI Type
ENTP
passive passive passive passive!!!! :angry:

IS IT SO DAMN DIFFICULT TO PICK UP THE TELEPHONE??!!!!

MBTI Type
INFP
What a fun thread! Keep it up! There's nothing better for Fi folks than being knocked off of our high horses. :)

S

Sniffles

* May be extremely sensitive to any kind of criticism
* May perceive criticism where none was intended

YES, INFPs at their worst! Nothing gets on my nerves more than when they start crying over the stupidest of shit. Especially true when you use a particular word that offends them for some reason.

Just like my own discussion where I stated INFPs have a tendency to be overly subjectivist in outlook. Rather than discuss the actual point at hand, no a few INFPs decided to concentrate on my use of the word overly, which "offended" them for whatever damn reason.

Which leads me to another issue; their tendency to be overly subjectivist. That is they seem to honestly believe that something is true merely because somebody believes it to be true, and nobody has a right to tell them otherwise. They're basically sophists on steroids, where everything is just mere opinion. Arguing with them too often is a complete waste of time; you might as well argue with a door-knob.

They're a bunch of overgrown children who never mature past the first grade.

JivinJeffJones

MBTI Type
INFP
I hate their usernames. Almost without exception. Many make me cringe. And yeah, I realize I'm a black pot there.

substitute

MBTI Type
ENTP
And they really get off on criticizing themselves so even threads like this only add to their self-righteous martyr routine of "oh I'm so damn righteous, I'm so damn pure and true of heart that I own up to my own mistakes, I'm so self-aware that I know all my own flaws and hate them all! ALL! oh how they torment me and offend mine eyes!!"

So like even when you have a thread specially for other people to blow off steam about them, the enjoyment's ruined by the fact that ONE STARTED IT and THE REST CHIME IN!!!

GAHHHH!!!! YOU PERFECT BASTARDS!!!!!!!!

substitute

MBTI Type
ENTP
:laugh: apparently not

See? Seeeee??!!!

"I'm so awesome that I come into a thread bitching about my type and join in, laughing good naturedly! Not for me the moral outrage and stroppy put-downs of Proteanmix on seeing a suspected case of S-bashing. No! I sit back and remonstrate with myself whilst thanking you for the opportunity!"

And yet, they believe themselves to be such a pain in the ass that they daren't burden a friend with their "cumbersome" presence and hence, leave that friend to do all the work of maintaining the friendship.

Axe? Me? Wha... oh, this? :blush:
I was just uh, gonna trim my toenails with it :yes:

iwakar

crush the fences
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
/sigh

/whisper "clinginess or a general inability to "move on", "let go"

Omigod, omigod don't be mad at me!

/ridden with guilt

Omigod, omigod.

/cries

Omigod.

(I think this was more traumatic for me --wtf?!-- than them.)

sciski

MBTI Type
NSFW
Enneagram
6w7
I hate INFPs (actually any P type) because I can't type out "Pness" without mentally nudging and winking. :violin:

GZA

Resident Snot-Nose
MBTI Type
infp
I hate that they hold on to ideals so strongly when they obviously do not have some supreme understanding of the universe that would entitle them to know what is right and wrong. By this I mean defending something in a totally sensational way, when they havn't gathered their information and are attatched to the idea more than the actual situation surrounding the idea. I guess that has to do with idealism and stubornness.

A lot of people do this, but INFP's are the most prone to do this, I think. It bothers me cause when the idea gets totally ripped apart and taken down because it is wrong, or their information was misleading, it tears them down right with it.

Plus passiveness. I hate that in anyone.

Tropics

MBTI Type
INFP
Not for me the moral outrage and stroppy put-downs of Proteanmix on seeing a suspected case of S-bashing. No! I sit back and remonstrate with myself

Ok you are so on point here :yes: that's just what I'm doing.

Kasper

Diabolical
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
Why did it take me five minutes to get this joke :|

I once wrote that my avatar was declaring war on Peeness without realising what the hell I was saying :blush: someone had to point it out to me :doh: