User Tag List

First 12345 Last

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    5w4

Quote Originally Posted by Carebear View Post
    I'll start. I hate how some INFPs tend to close their ears to logic in a discussion if it clashes with their ideas, even if they're very capable of rational thought up until that point in the conversation. Try pointing out that they have contradicting ideals in their heads and they'll either zone out completely, become extremely stupid or get emotional.
    This is annoying as hell. I have an INFP friend who does it all the time.
    He just wants to make his point across, but won't listen to any criticism of the argument. He just goes mute. That really pisses me off, because it's as if he listens (he is quiet), but I know that he's just hurt and is feeling sorry about himself. WHY DO YOU TAKE IT PERSONALLY?! Your argument has serious flaws, I'm DOING YOU A FAVOUR when pointing them out, but no, it's a personal attack and I'm an evil person.

:steam:

MBTI
    ESTJ

Quote Originally Posted by Trinity View Post
    I once wrote that my avatar was declaring war on Peeness without realising what the hell I was saying someone had to point it out to me

MBTI
    uman

Found this list of potential problem areas for INFPs. I've met INFPs who exhibited most of these:

* May be extremely sensitive to any kind of criticism
    * May perceive criticism where none was intended
    * May have skewed or unrealistic ideas about reality
    * May be unable to acknowledge or hear anything that goes against their personal ideas and opinions
    * May blame their problems on other people, seeing themselves as victims who are treated unfairly
    * May have great anger, and show this anger with rash outpourings of bad temper
    * May be unaware of appropriate social behavior
    * May be oblivious to their personal appearance, or to appropriate dress
    * May come across as eccentric, or perhaps even generally strange to others, without being aware of it
    * May be unable to see or understand anyone else's point of view
    * May value their own opinions and feelings far above others
    * May be unaware of how their behavior affects others
    * May be oblivious to other people's need
    * May feel overwhelmed with tension and stress when someone expresses disagreement with the INFP, or disapproval of the INFP
    * May develop strong judgments that are difficult to unseed against people who they perceive have been oppressive or suppressive to them
    * Under great stress, may obsess about details that are unimportant to the big picture of things
    * Under stress, may obsessively brood over a problem repeatedly
    * May have unreasonable expectations of others
    * May have difficulty maintaining close relationships, due to unreasonable expectations
    tjena bryr sig om björn!

this list describes every person in the world, except a mother teresa i think

adjö!
    to accomplish great things, we must not only act, but also dream; not only plan, but also believe--anatole france

MBTI
    INFP

Quote Originally Posted by unconvinced View Post
    tjena bryr sig om björn!

this list describes every person in the world, except a mother teresa i think

adjö!
    Well... each point can perhaps describe people of most types, but the totality of them is more common for Fi+Ne than, say, Te+Si. And mother T probably fits the descriptions better than some people.
    I have arms for a fucking reaosn, so come hold me. Then we'll fuvk! Whoooooh! - GZA

MBTI
    ESTJ

Quote Originally Posted by Flush View Post
    He just wants to make his point across, but won't listen to any criticism of the argument. He just goes mute. That really pisses me off, because it's as if he listens (he is quiet), but I know that he's just hurt and is feeling sorry about himself. WHY DO YOU TAKE IT PERSONALLY?! Your argument has serious flaws, I'm DOING YOU A FAVOUR when pointing them out, but no, it's a personal attack and I'm an evil person.
    Most people I know would call the above a "conversation."

MBTI
    INFP

Quote Originally Posted by JivinJeffJones View Post
    I hate their usernames. Almost without exception. Many make me cringe. And yeah, I realize I'm a black pot there.

Quote Originally Posted by substitute View Post
    And they really get off on criticizing themselves so even threads like this only add to their self-righteous martyr routine of "oh I'm so damn righteous, I'm so damn pure and true of heart that I own up to my own mistakes, I'm so self-aware that I know all my own flaws and hate them all! ALL! oh how they torment me and offend mine eyes!!"

So like even when you have a thread specially for other people to blow off steam about them, the enjoyment's ruined by the fact that ONE STARTED IT and THE REST CHIME IN!!!

GAHHHH!!!! YOU PERFECT BASTARDS!!!!!!!!
    Ooh, more please. You know we love it.

But you're wrong of course. This is not a self flagellation fest where we're begging to be crucified. Yes, we get off on showing how aware we are of our type's potential flaws, but we're all talking about other INFPs of course.

No need to put ourselves in the mud if we can reach the same objective while staying clean.
    I have arms for a fucking reaosn, so come hold me. Then we'll fuvk! Whoooooh! - GZA

MBTI
    ENTP

But you're wrong of course.
    I hate you. I hate you, I hate you, I hate you, I hate you. HATE you.
    I like, really, really hate you. Got that? :steam:
    Ils se d�merdent, les mecs: trop bon, trop con..................................MY BLOG!

"When it all comes down to dust
    I will kill you if I must
    I will help you if I can" - Leonard Cohen

MBTI
    uman

Well... each point can perhaps describe people of most types, but the totality of them is more common for Fi+Ne than, say, Te+Si. And mother T probably fits the descriptions better than some people.
    is there a type which is the opposite of this, one which exhibits very few of these traits or none? if so, is there a poster on the board that fits that type...i would like to conduct an experiment
    to accomplish great things, we must not only act, but also dream; not only plan, but also believe--anatole france

MBTI
    ESTJ

Oh, oh, I got one!

I hate how INFPs get angry at someone getting angry at them and don't see the hypocrisy in it.

MBTI
    INFP

Quote Originally Posted by substitute View Post
    I hate you. I hate you, I hate you, I hate you, I hate you. HATE you.
    I like, really, really hate you. Got that? :steam:
    My pleasure.

Quote Originally Posted by unconvinced View Post
    is there a type which is the opposite of this, one which exhibits very few of these traits or none? if so, is there a poster on the board that fits that type...i would like to conduct an experiment
    There are few ESTJs but several ENTJs. They're opposite enough. What kind of experiment?