User Tag List

First 89101112 Last

violaine

^^ I wouldn't say Narcissistic PD, or any PD really is indicated by the above.

(Who knows when people actually cross into the PD zone). If you're going to go that route I'd say the above looks more like the behaviors associated with Avoidant PD or social phobias - not that INFPs have Avoidant PD/social phobias at all. Oftentimes Avoidant PD will occur along with Anxiety disorders and a number of other things too.

If I'm going to take a potshot about Narcissistic PD though - I do have an ENTJ father! (I have a lot of tolerance for ENTJs.) At their lowest ebb they can seem to exhibit the behaviors associated with Narcissistic PD...

Tenured roisterer SolitaryWalker's Avatar
    MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w6 so/sx

Quote Originally Posted by substitute View Post
    this is why I think ENTP and INFP are theoretically well matched, because who else is ever gonna be more likely to want to go along with any crazy plan at the last minute?
    I'd say the ENFP is better. The ENTP still has a need for logical order.

Another INFP best of all, as they will want least structure in their lives and will be okay operating based on whim (fleeting sentiment).

INFP definitely needs another F, the stronger the F the better, as others will insist on the INFP's behavior making sense of some kind. This of course the INFP will feel undermines them a great deal as their whole purpose in life is being true to their feelings no matter how amorphous they may be, and when they have some kind of structure to them, no matter how unreasonable they may be.
    "Do not argue with an idiot. They drag you down to their level and beat you with experience." -- Mark Twain

“No man but a blockhead ever wrote, except for money.”---Samuel Johnson

My blog: www.randommeanderings123.blogspot.com/

MBTI
    INFP

Well I have a strong F but she can piss even me off. I'm not fond of plans made on a whim - not ones that require too much energy to execute.
    I 78% N 62% F 62% P 67%
    [From http://www.humanmetrics.com]

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Do you want to see the Indian sun?
    It's shining into my green eyes,
    Dappling my fur a patchy brown,
    Brightening up my spotty white.

Purr...

Tenured roisterer SolitaryWalker's Avatar
    MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w6 so/sx

INFPs! The masters of complicated banalities! Their modus operandi is neurotic through and through! Devoted to the senseless dwelling on the vulgar passions, blown hither and thither from impulse to impulse all of which they know not.

In other words, many INFPs, especially those who are dominated by Fi and rely very little on Ne by comparison to Fi are guided by intense sentiments that they do not understand. They make their lives very complicated because of their inability to solve problems in an efficient manner (because their Fi eclipsed the thinking faculty). They catastrophizes even the simplest of situations. Thinking is the function we use to assess the impersonal world, it is the function we use to understand how things are, almost by definition. Our attitude towards the inferior function tends to be negative. Thus it is not surprising to discover INFPs having negative thoughts about the world of impersonal occurences.

They tend to use their thoughts as merely the starting point for an emotional reaction. Even the most seemingly frivolous of occurences will be grounds for intense exercise of passion. This is the commonly observed 'mystical ecstasy' in the INFPs!
    "Do not argue with an idiot. They drag you down to their level and beat you with experience." -- Mark Twain

“No man but a blockhead ever wrote, except for money.”---Samuel Johnson

My blog: www.randommeanderings123.blogspot.com/

MBTI
    INFP

So many of them are so neurotic! And they always make things more complicated then they have to be. You're just making things unecessarily harder for yourself and driving yourself into an emotional chaos! And they make so little sense half the time. ARGHHHH INFPS!!

Content. Content? DigitalMethod's Avatar
    MBTI
    INTJ

Quote Originally Posted by BlueWing View Post
    They tend to use their thoughts as merely the starting point for an emotional reaction. Even the most seemingly frivolous of occurences will be grounds for intense exercise of passion. This is the commonly observed 'mystical ecstasy' in the INFPs!
    Sounds like INTJs in reverse.
    Nothing to hate.
    Something to see beauty in.
    "The life of the individual has meaning only insofar as it aids in making the life of every living thing nobler and more beautiful."
    - Albert Einstein

MBTI
    onto
    Enneagram
    5w4
    Socionics
    INTp

Quote Originally Posted by JivinJeffJones View Post
    I hate their usernames. Almost without exception. Many make me cringe.
    Sounds interesting. Could you explain?

MBTI
    INFP

they cant take any frikin criticism....u always gotta pat them on the back.... infps suck
    "It is better to be hated for what you are than to be loved for something you are not." ~Andre Gide

MBTI
    INFP

Quote Originally Posted by BlueWing View Post
    INFPs! The masters of complicated banalities! Their modus operandi is neurotic through and through! Devoted to the senseless dwelling on the vulgar passions, blown hither and thither from impulse to impulse all of which they know not.

In other words, many INFPs, especially those who are dominated by Fi and rely very little on Ne by comparison to Fi are guided by intense sentiments that they do not understand. They make their lives very complicated because of their inability to solve problems in an efficient manner (because their Fi eclipsed the thinking faculty). They catastrophizes even the simplest of situations. Thinking is the function we use to assess the impersonal world, it is the function we use to understand how things are, almost by definition. Our attitude towards the inferior function tends to be negative. Thus it is not surprising to discover INFPs having negative thoughts about the world of impersonal occurences.

So cruel, this black and white world!

MBTI
    ENTJ
    Enneagram
    3w4

Quote Originally Posted by disregard View Post
    "We grow up thinking that beliefs are something to be proud of, but they're really nothing but opinions one refuses to reconsider. Beliefs are easy. The stronger your beliefs are, the less open you are to growth and wisdom, because "strength of belief" is only the intensity with which you resist questioning yourself. As soon as you are proud of a belief, as soon as you think it adds something to who you are, then you've made it a part of your ego."