User Tag List

First 789101119 Last

MBTI
    OMNi

Quote Originally Posted by MetalWounds View Post
    INFJs, trough the use of dominant Ni, possess the same abstract perception of reality that INTJs do. The "problem" arises with their aux. use of Fe, which unlike Te, doesn't classify their perceptions as a possible truth, be instead applies it as the truth. Not only does it seek to classify something as either "good" or "bad", it also seeks to apply this perception to other people. INFJs suffer from a limited view of the possibilities in this aspect, and it has led to a lot of conflict between myself and others. They perceive something as the truth and likewise any other view, however plausible is ruled out and met with extreme resistance. Disagree with an INFJ and they will likely tell you that you "have no conceince", because any view they take has to be the ultimate moral truth. I've noted that INFJs are among the types that are least likely to be able to weigh a reality in an objective manner.
    I don't know what you are talking about. INTJs tend to think they have the best possible truth whereas INFJs generally dismiss the idea of truth altogether. I may argue my point of view, but that is all it is. There are no qualitative absolute truths in this world. In essence, INTJs are more obsessed with proving to everyone that they are right, whereas INFJs are more obsessed with proving that no person is ever completely right. NiTe builds a case for the best possible "truth", NiFe argues that people are fallible and truth is subjective. Hence why INTJ/INFJ arguments tend to go on so long. The INTJ is dedicated to arguing that their position is the "right" one and the INFJ is dedicated to proving that the INTJ's position is not completely right.
    Quote Originally Posted by Silently Honest View Post
    OMNi: Wisdom at the cost of Sanity.

MBTI
    INFJ

Quote Originally Posted by Kiddo View Post
    I Hence why INTJ/INFJ arguments tend to go on so long. The INTJ is dedicated to arguing that their position is the "right" one and the INFJ is dedicated to proving that the INTJ's position is not completely right.
    I have to agree with this. I used to have a very close INTJ friend. We had a disagreement, which I still feel strongly that there was no clear right or wrong in the situation, just a difference of opinion. She however felt so strongly that her position was the "right" one that she wrote me off forever as a friend. I felt bad about this for 2 years before I finally just let it go.

(Okay, I admit, I still feel bad about it, but trying to communicate with her has been impossible since she won't even acknowledge any communication from me.)

ish red no longer *sad* nightning's Avatar
    MBTI
    INfj

^ Well said! Much agreement.

I've noticed the same in many INTJs... to them, there's an absolute truth... and it happens (most of the time) to be theirs. Where as to an INFJ, pretty much everything is subjective. Something is only relatively true... under specific circumstances and specific view points.

Which is why you see so many qualifiers and disclaimers in my posts. Very few things to me is absolute.

MBTI
    INFJ

Yep, I'll just hang on to what the last four posters said...

MBTI
    eNTJ
    Enneagram
    8w9
    Socionics
    LIE

-so stubborn
    -pitifully and disgustingly emotional (here's a tissue you gross, leaky-eyed crybabies)
    -laughably idealistic

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram

I don't know what you are talking about. INTJs tend to think they have the best possible truth whereas INFJs generally dismiss the idea of truth altogether. I may argue my point of view, but that is all it is. There are no qualitative absolute truths in this world. In essence, INTJs are more obsessed with proving to everyone that they are right, whereas INFJs are more obsessed with proving that no person is ever completely right. NiTe builds a case for the best possible "truth", NiFe argues that people are fallible and truth is subjective. Hence why INTJ/INFJ arguments tend to go on so long. The INTJ is dedicated to arguing that their position is the "right" one and the INFJ is dedicated to proving that the INTJ's position is not completely right.
    i don't know about you, but i pretty much always agree with INTJs. in fact, i'm probably more obsessed with truth than they are; Te doesn't care as much about truth as implementation. Ti wants a completely sound framework for truth.

MBTI
    OMNi

Quote Originally Posted by dissonance View Post
    i don't know about you, but i pretty much always agree with INTJs. in fact, i'm probably more obsessed with truth than they are; Te doesn't care as much about truth as implementation. Ti wants a completely sound framework for truth.
    You are an INTP right? Dominant Ti is whole different story to tertiary Ti. NiFe begs to the subjectivity of truth, because it so easily recognizes the fallibility of human beings and their limited capacity to percieve.
    Quote Originally Posted by Silently Honest View Post
    OMNi: Wisdom at the cost of Sanity.

MBTI
    INFJ

Quote Originally Posted by Harlow_Jem View Post
    -so stubborn
    -pitifully and disgustingly emotional (here's a tissue you gross, leaky-eyed crybabies)
    -laughably idealistic
    Hahaha! Nice!

OK, I have more INFJ hate material.

I hate INFJs because
    -the whole "crusade" thing gets old...real fast
    -they think they know everything (when they don't) and come off as real snots/idiots
    -they're overly sensitive wankers
    -they're contradictory in their beliefs
    -they can sit and rant for 3hrs+ and then actually expect you to listen without getting bored and or falling asleep when usually what they're ranting about is stupid to begin with
    -they are ridiculously stubborn to the point where it's almost childish
    -they hold grudges for long periods of time
    -they're not worth getting to know (they actually PRIDE themselves on being difficult to understand!!!)

And looking back at this list...I can nod my head to each of these and say: "Yeah...and that's why I'm so friggin' awesome" with sincere satisfaction.

I gotta admit...it's pretty awesome being a INFJ!
    I am known for being brutally honest...brace yourself.

INFJ 4w5

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram

You are an INTP right? Dominant Ti is whole different story to tertiary Ti.
    i'm an INFJ for sure. i just test as an INTP often.

i guess i should probably remove that link from my sig, or maybe doctor the scores.

NiFe begs to the subjectivity of truth, because it so easily recognizes the fallibility of human beings and their limited capacity to percieve.
    sure, but Ni and Fe aren't the only functions INFJs use. i use Ni/Fe for moral/ethical concerns, and i use Ni/Ti in my quest for truth. i'm obsessed with truth and always have been -- i NEED to know exactly why and how everything works (cause/effect relationships, etc.). if i can't figure something out, i have a really hard time functioning -- it eats away at me -- i can't relax at all until my Ti is satisfied.

MBTI
    INFJ

Hmm well for me personally, I HATE PEOPLE who are overwhelming and are very arrogant....people like that....really throw me =| ..
    Introverted (I) 53.57% Extroverted (E) 46.43%
    Intuitive (N) 54.55% Sensing (S) 45.45%
    Feeling (F) 65.63% Thinking (T) 34.38%
    Judging (J) 63.64% Perceiving (P) 36.36%

"Any intelligent fool can make things bigger, more complex, and more violent. It takes a touch of genius -- and a lot of courage -- to move in the opposite direction."

--Albert Einstein