User Tag List

First 4567816 Last

MBTI
    Zzzz

Quote Originally Posted by tovlo View Post
    re: Gandhi...

DeleriousDisposition, do you know much about Gandhi's history aside from the comments on the INFJ or INFP site?
    Yes, I recall learning years ago. But I'm bloody tired (going to sleep after this post ><) and have forgotten most of it.

I'm not saying what type he was or wasn't. However, I did want to point out that the argument being made against him being INFJ does't match his history.
    Not much was made, granted lol. The idea of "passive resistance" doesn't fit the INFJ modus operandi, though.

Quote Originally Posted by heart View Post
    DD, an INFP with Ne would be just as much future orientated as Ni.
    I said I was kinda half joking about it.

MBTI
    INxJ
    Enneagram
    Socionics
    ILI

I don't think anyone specifically mentioned that despite overly optimistic type descriptions heralding them as deities of truth, INFJs are gullible until the moment they realize they have been screwed by their tendencies to simply believe.
    Not really.

MBTI
    INFJ

Quote Originally Posted by DeliriousDisposition View Post
    The idea of "passive resistance" doesn't fit the INFJ modus operandi, though.
    Really?

By using the term passive resistance are you are refering to Gandhi's philosophy and practice of Satyagraha?

If so, how does choosing not to inflict violence upon one's opponent, but rather exercising patience and sympanthy, realizing what appears to be truth to one may appear to be error to the other, exist outside the realm of what an INFJ's manner of working could be?

Satyagraha:

Its root meaning is holding onto truth, hence truth-force. I have also called it love-force or soul-force. In the application of satyagraha, I discovered in the earliest stages that pursuit of truth did not admit of violence being inflicted on one's opponent but that he must be weaned from error by patience and sympathy. For what appears to be truth to the one may appear to be error to the other. And patience means self-suffering. So the doctrine came to mean vindication of truth, not by infliction of suffering on the opponent, but on oneself.[1]
    "We don't see things as they are,
    we see things as we are."
    ...Anais Nin

MBTI
    ESTP
    Enneagram
    873 sx/so
    Socionics
    SLE Ti

Consider this thread Fluffed.

...Mission accomplished boys, we can go home now.

MBTI
    INFJ

Well I seemed to have arrived late but perhaps I can revive this with another thought. Your discussions surrounding Gandhi interested me - perhaps...
    What if you guys out there put yourself in his shoes (particularly the INFJs since this thread is dedicated to them, but also the other types) and suggest what you might have done? Would you passively resist? Or something else?

Just fuel for thought.

MBTI
    ESTP
    Enneagram
    873 sx/so
    Socionics
    SLE Ti

*Waits for post to be split, and moved to...*

MBTI
    FREE
    Enneagram
    594 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ne

Ghandi was likely an INFP too-- He didn't get in people's business to start shit. If he were an INFJ, he'd likely have made a lot of noise and organised people to do things, thus getting into trouble a lot sooner than he did..
    No, that would be an ExxJ.

Ghandi seemed to be an INFJ. He was actually a very self-disciplined taskmaster with very stringent guidelines for himself and his followers. His rigidity seemed to show up in the external world, even if internally he had lots of vision about how the world could be. Just... amazing how controlled he had his life, and down to a script. (No WAY an INFP could have survived more than a few days in that setting, the Ne needs far more flex -- but that was his life.)

Honestly, when I read about him, I was sort of glad I never met him; he was very too rigorous and judgmental about his lifestyle.

Oooh, perfect quote of his not being an INFJ! No Ni-ing, oh noes! I'm kinda half joking. But meh. Overall, he doesn't seem INFJ to me.
    That's okay. Even INFJs can be wrong sometimes.

Quote Originally Posted by ByMySword View Post
    ...See? There I go again. Jennifer was right. We do comment seriously on things that are supposed to be just a joke. Oh well, fuck it.
    lol ... I'd hug you, but I gotta stay all stern and negative and stuff, you know...?

free tidbit: ISFJs do this too. And they even know it when they do it, or right afterwards... but they can't NOT take it seriously anyway (!).

Just... cute.
    "Hey Capa -- We're only stardust." ~ "Sunshine"

“Pleasure to me is wonder—the unexplored, the unexpected, the thing that is hidden and the changeless thing that lurks behind superficial mutability. To trace the remote in the immediate; the eternal in the ephemeral; the past in the present; the infinite in the finite; these are to me the springs of delight and beauty.” ~ H.P. Lovecraft

MBTI
    INFJ

I don't know many INFJs, but sometimes I get so irritated with myself.

I...
    am easily frustrated when plans go awry.
    feel compelled to pursue perfectionism, at the expense of enjoying the moment.
    make unreasonable demands of myself, and assume others do the same.
    emote all over the place in senseless ranting when I feel I'm losing control of stuff I should have in hand.
    can't stay detached and work hard at the same time.
    take too much on myself, as though I can arrange my own life exactly as I dream it up.
    take things personally.
    get clingy at times.
    tend to imagine the worst possible outcomes and brood over them.

MBTI
    ENTJ

Quote Originally Posted by Ender View Post
    So beyond being trollish, what's your post got to do with this thread?
    Er...isn't this whole thread about being trollish?

MBTI
    OMNi

^ Yea, I agree with that, for myself as well.

Kiddddddo, I don't think Ghandi, from his actions, seemed to be quite so INFJ. He didn't rally up people, didn't (Fe) organise them to start something, to do something-- He very much had Dom Fi at work, asking others to do the same. To not take action but to reflect within oneself--

If you look at part of his life, he disconnected from people for so long and lived humbly on his own. And bleh, I'm only recalling parts of the movie (bleh, I know I know ><!) and I'm dead tired as I write this. Anyhoo, INFJ Vicky Jo wrote some things about him being an INFP as well. Here's a bit from her INFJor INFP site:
    Nope. He was an INFJ. I think you are getting ENFJs mixed up with INFJs. We don't "rally up" people. We live by our own principles and expect others to do so also. That was the epitome of Gandhi. "Be the change you wish to see in the world." Fe is about diplomacy, not organizing people.
    Quote Originally Posted by Silently Honest View Post
    OMNi: Wisdom at the cost of Sanity.