User Tag List

First 3456715 Last

MBTI
    INFJ

Noting this thread is dominated by INFJ's expressing self-hatred...

"We don't see things as they are,
    we see things as we are."
    ...Anais Nin

ByMySword

Cool

Quote Originally Posted by tovlo View Post

That's because we focus all our hate on other people. Don't you know this?

Just for the record, I hate people.

Half the things that I've seen that people don't like about INFJs are things that I love about myself. lol
    Introverted (I) 57.14% Extroverted (E) 42.86%
    Intuitive (N) 66.67% Sensing (S) 33.33%
    Feeling (F) 61.54% Thinking (T) 38.46%
    Judging (J) 51.22% Perceiving (P) 48.78%

Your type is: INFJ

MBTI
    Zzzz

Quote Originally Posted by tovlo View Post

It's about that time of the month year?

But nah, as for myself, I've worked through most of what I'd written and what others have said as well. It's fun fun slushing through memory lanes. Although, I am in a bit of a rut. Need to Se-e more...

`~~Philosoflying~~` SillySapienne's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    4w5

I must admit that some of you scare the bejesus out of me.
    `
    'Cause you can't handle me...

"A lie is a lie even if everyone believes it. The truth is the truth even if nobody believes it." - David Stevens

"That that is, is. That that is not, is not. Is that it? It is."

Veritatem dies aperit

Ride si sapis

Intelligentle sparkles

MBTI
    OMNi

Quote Originally Posted by DeliriousDisposition View Post
    Ghandi was likely an INFP too-- He didn't get in people's business to start shit. If he were an INFJ, he'd likely have made a lot of noise and organised people to do things, thus getting into trouble a lot sooner than he did..
    Nah, Gandhi was an INFJ. Anyone who reads his writings can clearly tell right off that he was Ni dominant. It's got that trademark, "making judgments with insufficient information" attitude. He is criticized to this day for suggesting that the Jews should have practiced non violent protest during the Holocaust.
    Quote Originally Posted by Silently Honest View Post
    OMNi: Wisdom at the cost of Sanity.

MBTI
    INFJ

Quote Originally Posted by Kyrielle View Post
    They get extremely moody when some "injustice" has been done unto them. Yet they will sometimes not look twice when an injustice has been done to someone else or they will "feel bad" but not do anything about it. Further, they will get moody but not do anything for themselves to rectify the situation (as in...not address the person/thing that has caused the alleged injustice).
    Not quite true (in my case, at least). I will be more likely to take action if an injustice is done to another person, although if an injustice is done to me, I might let it stew for awhile until a certain point is reached, in which case I'll rip the person's guts out. (Quite literally, of course.) And if I see an animal being abused... GRRRR!!!

MBTI
    Zzzz

^ Yea, I agree with that, for myself as well.

Kiddddddo, I don't think Ghandi, from his actions, seemed to be quite so INFJ. He didn't rally up people, didn't (Fe) organise them to start something, to do something-- He very much had Dom Fi at work, asking others to do the same. To not take action but to reflect within oneself--

If you look at part of his life, he disconnected from people for so long and lived humbly on his own. And bleh, I'm only recalling parts of the movie (bleh, I know I know ><!) and I'm dead tired as I write this. Anyhoo, INFJ Vicky Jo wrote some things about him being an INFP as well. Here's a bit from her INFJor INFP site:

Quote Originally Posted by Vicky Jo
    I think Gandhi is a great example of the INFP pattern. And yes, I know Keirsey claims him as INFJ. But Steve Myers (a type innovator with INFP prefs) suggested Gandhi fits the INFP pattern better, and I agree with him.

For one thing, isn't the notion of "passive resistance" PERFECT for INFP? Think about it. It fits the interaction style, it honors a universal value, it champions nonviolence, promotes harmony, and seems to magnificently showcase everything the INFP pattern seems to stand for.

Once you figure that out, it seems incomprehensible that Keirsey ever claimed him as INFJ.
    Quote Originally Posted by Gandhi
    I do not want to foresee the future. I am concerned with taking care of the present. God has given me no control over the moment following.
    Oooh, perfect quote of his not being an INFJ! No Ni-ing, oh noes! I'm kinda half joking. But meh. Overall, he doesn't seem INFJ to me.

Think of yourself, even. Could you keep quiet if you felt there was some injustice being done against you and others similar? I imagine you'd be bitching all the way down to high hell ...and everyone alongside you would be having a ball...

Oh oh, and that isn't to say that all INFJs will become like so... unless they've gone berserk with a bad case of Fe (you know it happens z.z). <--keeping in line with thread.

But yes, it can happen. ....has happened. Good ol'childhood days. I miss bullies!

MBTI
    INFJ

Kiddddddo, I don't think Ghandi, from his actions, seemed to be quite so INFJ. He didn't rally up people, didn't (Fe) organise them to start something, to do something-- He very much had Dom Fi at work, asking others to do the same. To not take action but to reflect within oneself--
    re: Gandhi...

DeleriousDisposition, do you know much about Gandhi's history aside from the comments on the INFJ or INFP site?

Here are a few facts:

"By 1906, he had taken on his first major political battle, confronting the South African government's move to fingerprint all Indians with publicized passive resistance. His efforts failed to provoke legal change, but he gained a wider following and influence.

Returning to India in 1915, Gandhi began a succession of political campaigns for independence in his homeland. He orchestrated widespread boycotts of British goods and services, and promoted peaceful noncooperation and nonviolent strikes. He is widely remembered for his 1930 defiance of the British law forbidding Indians to make their own salt. With 78 followers, he started on a march to the sea. Soon more than 60,000 supporters were arrested and jailed, but Britain was forced to negotiate with the gentle and powerful little man. Gandhi himself was arrested several times by the British, who considered him a troublemaker, and all total, spent about seven years of his life in jail."

Mohandas Karamchand Gandhi

I'm not saying what type he was or wasn't. However, I did want to point out that the argument being made against him being INFJ does't match his history.
    "We don't see things as they are,
    we see things as we are."
    ...Anais Nin

heart on fire

DD, an INFP with Ne would be just as much future orientated as Ni.