User Tag List

First 182627282930 Last

Senior Member the state i am in's Avatar
    MBTI
    infj
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp

Quote Originally Posted by Grace View Post
    It sort of seems like N stands for nerd in a lot of cases (which I say in love, obviously, since I am an N myself).
    N is the geek version of its S counterpart, yes. which means demanding better information, deriving more pleasure out of the brain, and using the imagination as a means and an ends. ideas are tasty, like donuts, and i like to eat them with my morning coffee.

MBTI
    INFJ

Quote Originally Posted by Billy View Post
    The fact that a shitload of INFJs are going to reply to this thread and say what they hate about INFJs while not actually saying anything bad.

So I will try to be honest.

What I hate about INFJs being one myself is that we are not nearly as kind and altruistic as you think we are, we just wear a veneer of kindness on our faces when in reality we are much cooler and much colder.
    I agree with this. I'm definitely no saint and there is a darker side to me. We're paradoxes.

Senior Member the state i am in's Avatar
    MBTI
    infj
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp

i think infjs want to resonate with this statement bc they feel like others do not understand why they make the choices they make. and bc they take more factors into account than the generic humanistic ideas that they consider but don't fully adopt. i think the absence of Fi creates a sense of disjunction between being traditionally kind, warm, etc and our own internal experiences. but taking the statement at face value is misleading.

all types lash out at times and respond with hostility or negativity. whereas Fi doms swallow up these moments and incorporate them into a larger sea of good feeling, turning them back to good, we do the same in the realm of Ni, but understanding the way in which everything is connected, by wandering over the landscape images in our imagination to get a sense of the whole. intps seem harsh but they become very principled bc they work out better stories/narratives and logical deductions to realize the effect of their actions as well, within a grand narrative that incorporates their sense of self and who they want to be within the larger story. this is what makes them come back around/into the fold and create ethical behaviors.

with all of this said, if you look at the behavior of an infj, it's usually pretty evident that much energy and attention to putting more positivity into the environment than taking it out is an integral part of the life story. we want our motives to be understood (by others and by ourselves), and authenticity for us, ethically speaking, is very important bc it is more schismy than for an Fi dom. our feeling behavior at times is more calculated, or more external to us, than the PRIMARY source of our ideas, motives, and inspirations.

Quote Originally Posted by Billy
    What I hate about INFJs being one myself is that we are not nearly as kind and altruistic as you think we are, we just wear a veneer of kindness on our faces when in reality we are much cooler and much colder.
    Quote Originally Posted by the state i am in
    with all of this said, if you look at the behavior of an infj, it's usually pretty evident that much energy and attention to putting more positivity into the environment than taking it out is an integral part of the life story. we want our motives to be understood (by others and by ourselves), and authenticity for us, ethically speaking, is very important bc it is more schismy than for an Fi dom. our feeling behavior at times is more calculated, or more external to us, than the PRIMARY source of our ideas, motives, and inspirations.
    Both of these statements ring true for me. I feel like I am a REALLY mean person sometimes (I know my thoughts ) - yet the second statement makes a lot of sense, too... I generally try to put positivity into an environment (though I didn't consciously realize that till now) and highly value authenticity (HATE fake-ness; hope I don't act fake...), and want my motives to be understood.

So... am I actually as mean and cold as I think I am, or is it my INFJ perfectionist streak telling me I'm mean and cold?

...hmmm... I can be really mean... ?
    "When once you have tasted flight, you will forever walk the earth with your eyes turned skyward, for there you have been and there you will always long to return."
    - Leonardo da Vinci

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    7w6
    Socionics
    ILE

I neither hate INFJs nor dislike them. I'm not even neutral. I think they're great, and their costs don't even come close to their benefits. But that's off-topic.

- CLOSED!

- WORRY ALL THE TIME!

- PARANOID!

- STUBBORN!

- DEMANDING!

- HAVE AGGRESSION THAT LEAKS OUT IN WEIRD WAYS!

- Lather, rinse, repeat.
    I have a vagina.

ENTP . 7w6 sx/sp

MBTI
    ESFP
    Enneagram
    9w8 sx/sp
    Socionics
    SEE Fi

I hate INFJ guys because they are direct competition for the ENTP girls.
    () 9w8-3w4-7w6 tritype.

sCueI (primary Inquisition)

MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    7w6
    Socionics
    ILE

Quote Originally Posted by Midnight Arbiter View Post
    I hate INFJ guys because they are direct competition for the ENTP girls.

I have a vagina.

ENTP . 7w6 sx/sp

MBTI
    INFJ

Quote Originally Posted by Desert Flower View Post
    *Moody
    *Temperamental
    *Loners
    *Sympathetic until the person actually requires some of the INFJs "social time"...INFJ runs in the other direction
    *Suspicious
    *Prone to follow boring superficial rules of politeness when interacting with other people (must be the Fe)...this is why most people get blind-sided later when the "crazy" comes out.
    *Trapped in a dream world
    * INFJs enjoy too many solitary activities that keep them from forming "real" relationships
    *Never returns phone calls (don't want to be bothered with people...only care about people in "theory")
    *Semi-emo
    *Obsessed with perfection...must be some OCD-thing or fixation on personal growth...causes alot of unnecessary stress
    *Build elaborate walls to keep people at arms length
    *Sassy (but those comments usually stay inside the head because it wouldn't be polite...unless provoked)

Thats all I could think of...for now
    This is soooooo true!

MBTI
    INFJ

Quote Originally Posted by Tiny Army View Post
    Yo, I have a question regarding on of the reasons why I hate INFJs.

Why does it take you so long to get over a breakup? Each one seems to take well over a year to get over.

I'm dealing with an INFJ who freaks out over the mere mention of her most recent ex's name and it has been 15 months now. What's worse is that this ex is my friend and every time I hang out with him I have to slink around her like a criminal because she freaks out otherwise.
    Strange. I'm the opposite. I drop it and move on.

MBTI
    ENFJ
    Socionics
    ENFj

All an INFJ needs to do is switch that horrible I to a wonderful E and they would be perfect.