MBTI
    INfj
    Enneagram
    451 sx/so
    Socionics
    ENFj Ni

Quote Originally Posted by Lauren Ashley View Post
    I am not passive-aggressive. I am outright aggressive
    i was always very aggressive, especially growing up. played basketball and played hard. welcomed fights. not afraid, etc. (shadow estp?) but i think it was because my home life was stressful. when i'm at my best, i'm actually very peaceful and it is hard to get me riled. but when i overdo it, and take on too much, my aggressive streak starts coming out again.

i can't stand p-aggression. i guess i could come off as p-a if i were in a situation where i wanted to be honest about something, but i was afraid of how it would be taken, and i was tiptoeing around about it. but usually i'm too direct to be p-a.

Manipulative - how? I've heard this said before about INFJs and I don't see it. Maybe you could give examples.
    proteanmix spoke a bit about it in some posts a while back.
    Ni/Ti/Fe/Si
    4w5 5w4 1w9
    ~Torah observant, Christ inspired~
    Life Path 11

The more one loves God, the more it is that having nothing in the world means everything, and the less one loves God, the more it is that having everything in the world means nothing.

Do not resist an evil person, but to him who strikes you on the one cheek, offer also the other. ~Matthew 5:39

songofmary.wordpress.com

Patron Saint Of Smileys Gloriana's Avatar
    MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    6w5
    Socionics
    INFJ

Quote Originally Posted by lane777 View Post
    #1 thing I hate about myself is my bad memory... and it's my most defining characteristic! Poor memories are extremely offensive People assume you weren't listening or you forget because you don't care - but I forget about things I desperately care about. I do not have a selective memory like the majority of people.
    This throws me too, I remember everything down to what clothes people wore, what they said, how they said it, and what the friggin' weather forecast for that day was supposed to be. I irritate people more with what I remember than what I forget.

Patron Saint Of Smileys Gloriana's Avatar
    MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    6w5
    Socionics
    INFJ

....But I can't remember what I'm supposed to get at the store, who I'm supposed to call back, or whether or not I cleaned the cat litter already.

Enneagram

If I was known for anything growing up, it was definitely my memory. I have no problem recalling events and really insignificant details.
    Doorknob: Read the directions and directly you will be directed in the right direction.
    -Alice in Wonderland

Enneagram

Quote Originally Posted by Gloriana View Post
    ....But I can't remember what I'm supposed to get at the store, who I'm supposed to call back, or whether or not I cleaned the cat litter already.
    lists and post-it notes..
    Doorknob: Read the directions and directly you will be directed in the right direction.
    -Alice in Wonderland

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    4 sx/sp
    Socionics
    EII

Quote Originally Posted by noigmn View Post
    With reading between the lines, it is probably that you guys seem to not use the information if you do read between the lines. At least in the sense that you won't commit it to be part of the discussion, even when it is obviously there. It might be a tentativeness in that respect rather than oblivion. We tend to use the unwritten and the written to get the meaning, so it is disconcerting sometimes if everything has to be perfectly clear.
    This is very vague. I'm not understanding. Any INFJ that uses only information that is obvious and on the surface, is not INFJ. That goes completely against what Ni is all about. However, withholding information is a completely different story.

It sounds bad, but what I really want is to understand INFJs as a system.
    You can learn the basics but you won't find a one-size fits all.

I figure once I get it then it can weave into my perceptions like other things and be instinctive.
    You're not going to be able to synthesize Ni like an organic compound in the lab. I don't think it's something that can be read about and then done; you have it or not.

Like I'd prefer to accept you guys because I truly appreciate and love your work, than have it as a balance of ignoring differences and seeing some positives.
    Thanks for your tenacity

Quote Originally Posted by Lauren Ashley View Post
    You can learn the basics but you won't find a one-size fits all.

You're not going to be able to synthesize Ni like an organic compound in the lab. I don't think it's something that can be read about and then done; you have it or not.

Thanks for your tenacity

I'm not big on impossibilities .

One-size fits all can be a Te afterthought.
    Freude, schöner Götterfunken Tochter aus Elysium, Wir betreten feuertrunken, Himmlische, dein Heiligtum! Deine Zauber binden wieder Was die Mode streng geteilt; Alle Menschen werden Brüder, Wo dein sanfter Flügel weilt.

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    4 sx/sp
    Socionics
    EII

I'm not big on impossibilities .
    Neither am I. But this is one where you have to question. Where would you even begin? First you'd have to know where it came from. And since no one *really* does, there is no starting point.

You think ENFPs work in anything near a rational or linear fashion? Who needs a starting point?
    Freude, schöner Götterfunken Tochter aus Elysium, Wir betreten feuertrunken, Himmlische, dein Heiligtum! Deine Zauber binden wieder Was die Mode streng geteilt; Alle Menschen werden Brüder, Wo dein sanfter Flügel weilt.

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    4 sx/sp
    Socionics
    EII

You think ENFPs work in anything near a rational or linear fashion? Who needs a starting point .

Go for it.

Just don't hit any brick walls while you're at it.