• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[INFJ] INFJ Hate Thread

hydroponictea

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
9w8
I made an account SOLELY because I had a quick read and NO ONE talked about this with enough anger to satisfy my bad mood. Apologies if I'm repeating someone else's fire sermon.

They are VERY self righteous. This applies to most of but not all of the INFJs I know (about three out of four). They have a very clear idea of what is right, what is wrong, and it usually involves them being a special snowflake who is the only person able to see some kind of magical fantasy truth that they have concocted. They are EXTREMELY judgemental as a result of this, if you are lucky they will keep their constant criticisms of you in their head. However sometimes they will off load it onto you later in some way and then act like some sort of saint for not having loaded it onto you earlier. Of course it will be your fault that they feel this way, they are just the victim of your constant abuse. If you are unlucky they will constantly unload a torrent of abuse onto you until you snap back them and then it's straight to the victim. You souless monster, can't you see they only wanted to help?

Thanks for listening to my angry rant. If you are an INFJ who felt very targeted, I'm talking about a trend among INFJs I know. This does not necessarily apply to you. However if it does, then you know something people may find annoying about you. Having said this, going into a spiral of self hate isn't going to make you a better person. Instead, take it as a learning opportunity, or not. Actually, maybe taking a very angry online person's angry rant to heart is the worst thing you could do for yourself.

Thanks.

Mesmeric_Moon

Soul Reaver
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
I made an account SOLELY because I had a quick read and NO ONE talked about this with enough anger to satisfy my bad mood. Apologies if I'm repeating someone else's fire sermon.

They are VERY self righteous. This applies to most of but not all of the INFJs I know (about three out of four). They have a very clear idea of what is right, what is wrong, and it usually involves them being a special snowflake who is the only person able to see some kind of magical fantasy truth that they have concocted. They are EXTREMELY judgemental as a result of this, if you are lucky they will keep their constant criticisms of you in their head. However sometimes they will off load it onto you later in some way and then act like some sort of saint for not having loaded it onto you earlier. Of course it will be your fault that they feel this way, they are just the victim of your constant abuse. If you are unlucky they will constantly unload a torrent of abuse onto you until you snap back them and then it's straight to the victim. You souless monster, can't you see they only wanted to help?

Thanks for listening to my angry rant. If you are an INFJ who felt very targeted, I'm talking about a trend among INFJs I know. This does not necessarily apply to you. However if it does, then you know something people may find annoying about you. Having said this, going into a spiral of self hate isn't going to make you a better person. Instead, take it as a learning opportunity, or not. Actually, maybe taking a very angry online person's angry rant to heart is the worst thing you could do for yourself.

Thanks.

Is this indented to be self-criticism as well, since you have INFJ listed as your type?
Welcome to the forum hydroponictea :hi:

Smeow

MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
51x
Because an INFJ wanted to be more aware of the dark side of her type. Or possibly to substantiate a judgement she/he made about someone else....lol

Smeow

MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
51x
Im an INTP and INFJs are supposed to be my golden pairing, but i resent being judged on grounds that make no logical sense. I also dont like when people rush to conclusions without scouring the earth for every piece of evidence. (joke to INTPs too) While I think their emotional judgements can sometimes be scary accurate, often a tendency to rush to these judgements undermines their accuracy. There is a lot for me to learn in emotional affairs from them, but they are so god damn self-righteous that its like trying to learn from a teacher that touches herself whenever shes scolding you. Its fucking awful lol. Id prefer learning from an intelligent INFP personally. They are usually mentally agile, which the INFJ i knew wasnt. It took her awhile to learn anything. Once she did though, it was there in her mind forever, amazing memory. INFJs will also use that amazing memory against you to never forgive you if you hurt them intentionally or unintentionally. Probably the most infuriating trait is the tendency to become impervious to facts. Its like their fucking superpower. If they firmly believe something, and they love convictions in everything, you cant argue with them. Its literally a waste of time which really doesnt help me because i often use interactions as sounding board for my own internal debates and would appreciate a logically sharp counter argument. It seems to me they find comfort in their firm convictions and view it as a strength, but i think it makes them unguided, uncontrolled bombs at their worst. Especially because they often have huge blind spots in their own introspection (spend too much time judging others). The best symbol for what I dont like about INFJs would be a medieval monk calling the Norse people heathens while that monk hasnt showered in months, and the filthy heathens he is admonishing actually bathe on a regular basis. Unable to see anything as it is ("objectively" or shared-subjective) when it is in direct contradiction to their values.

everdream

MBTI Type
INFJ
:) Just lurking here to read about what others think about INFJs. :D I think I'm late for the party.

Fidelia

Iron Maiden
Staff member
MBTI Type
INFJ
It's true. I realize I have high horsey tendancies from time to time. I try to curb them, but they are definitely there.

ASophisticatedZebra

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
POS
It makes me wanna choke on my own vomit over a 12-hour period as rosieodonnel farts in my face - When I see an INFJ being full of crap for that random period they morphed into a socialite whom I DO NOT KNOW.
If I didn't know they were gathering some kind of info, I'd swear they were being insincere O__o

Icedream

Absurdus Malum
MBTI Type
ENFJ
All I've got to say is why can't other INFJs take a doorslam? It's rediculous! They can't fathom the notion of not being wanted in someone's life.

Fidelia

Iron Maiden
Staff member
MBTI Type
INFJ
I'm not sure it's that so much as their need for closure and tendancy towards delayed processing. They can't process things alone that well because ts hard for them to zoom out in situations involving strong emotion or that requires looking at themselves. I'm not saying they aren't a pain, but it may not befuddled by the reasons you think it is.

Permabanned
All I've got to say is why can't other INFJs take a doorslam? It's rediculous! They can't fathom the notion of not being wanted in someone's life.

likely dislike a taste of their own medicine . regardless, that should be irrelevant to the person who no longer cares to have them in their life

Icedream

Absurdus Malum
MBTI Type
ENFJ
likely dislike a taste of their own medicine . regardless, that should be irrelevant to the person who no longer cares to have them in their life

It's relevant when they won't leave you alone

Permabanned
It's relevant when they won't leave you alone

well, maybe then...

Fidelia

Iron Maiden
Staff member
MBTI Type
INFJ
Honestly, I think doorslamming people without explaining why is generally a poor way of communicating. I can understand not including a lot of detail and choosing to remove them from your life, but that also needs to be communicated, whatever personality type you happen to be. I don't have a lot of patience for infjs just seeing it as a thing they do. In my experience it is usually younger or more immature infjs that routinely handle people in that manner.

Permabanned
Honestly, I think doorslamming people without explaining why is generally a poor way of communicating. I can understand not including a lot of detail and choosing to remove them from your life, but that also needs to be communicated, whatever personality type you happen to be. I don't have a lot of patience for infjs just seeing it as a thing they do. In my experience it is usually younger or more immature infjs that routinely handle people in that manner.

We should find the source and squash it.

Fidelia

Iron Maiden
Staff member
MBTI Type
INFJ
I don't think there's a dispute about whether or not it might be a default way of addressing feelings of frustration or being overwhelmed. I'm just saying it's not a good way of anyone dealing with problems over the long term.

MBTI Type
INFJ

Completely agree. I cannot fathom the mindset of those that boast about it as well. Irks me to no end.

Yuurei

Noncompliant
MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
8w7
I don't think there's a dispute about whether or not it might be a default way of addressing feelings of frustration or being overwhelmed. I'm just saying it's not a good way of anyone dealing with problems over the long term.

It is also just not a way of dealing at all. It is specifically an easy way out requiring to take to no responsibility for a problem; just walk away and it's all gone.