• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[INFJ] INFJ Hate Thread

Opinionatedinfp

The Infjs I know all have this thing in common: the way they generate their opinions about anything is completely based on a group of people whos mindsets they usually agree with or admire. They are incapable of having original opinions that differ from the source where they contruct all their opinions from. They are obssessed with being perfect people with perfect values, even if they aren't being true to what they really believe (in fact, I think they are completely out of touch with who they really think of things). It's easy to build yourself based on what all the people who are "always" right have to say. Going deep into yourself and letting yourself consider and reflect on ideas people are too afraid to say out loud is hard, but that's the only way to have actual basis to your opinion about anything.

Sorry if there's anything wrong with my english

Logophile

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
I have too many feelings that I can't understand. I wish I could be an INTP or INTJ. Not sure if this is what this was intended for but whatever. Also taking everything too seriously.

lifebouy

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
I agree with the above person^. Often I wish I were thinkers (INTP or ISTP) because my life would be much easier. But then again Fi users are cool in the way they can understand their emotions without having to talk them through. Fe (especially FJs) can look like they complain a lot when actually their Fe needs an outlet to be able to understand their emotions. I need to rant when I feel upset because I don't know what I'm feeling and what caused it, for example.

LucieCat

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
I agree with the above person^. Often I wish I were thinkers (INTP or ISTP) because my life would be much easier. But then again Fi users are cool in the way they can understand their emotions without having to talk them through. Fe (especially FJs) can look like they complain a lot when actually their Fe needs an outlet to be able to understand their emotions. I need to rant when I feel upset because I don't know what I'm feeling and what caused it, for example.

You're point about Fe is very true. It's really important to let FJs talk about those things when they need to. A few months ago one of my best friends, an ESFJ, called me in the middle of the night. She just needed to talk through her feelings. She was really upset and didn't understand quite why (it was multiple things at once) so she needed to talk through it. She didn't need any feedback, just to talk through it with someone. At the end, she felt a lot better and understood what was going on, she just needed to talk through it.

I do envy thinkers at times though. I'm not an Fe user, but I really appreciate Fe. Maybe because I have been heavily influenced by an Fe-dominant mother and have had many friends with strong Fe. I also have a lot of friends who have either dominant or auxiliary Fi. It's strange that I seem to bond with feelers more often. I have no preference between feelers and thinkers.

On a side note, I think INFJs are great. But then again, I think all of the types are great. You just have individuals who are awful.

INFJeed

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
I don't get why there are hate threads.............that's just not uplifting to anyone. I don't know what its trying to prove because all its showing is the flaws in personalities that is pretty stereotypical. I like and hate being an INFJ, but that is how i am born and if you hate INFJ's then so be it! You probably won't even meet one easily because we're are quite rare and don't like a lot of social interaction, or inside a book (or something your other INFJ's are passionate about, i don't want to be a stereotypical hypocrite saying that all INFJ's like reading). Not to mention us guys are rarer than the females. And just looking at this threads title and the first few posts, i am quite disappointed with you guys.

SurrealisticSlumbers

📠girl in an 🎠world
MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I've never, to my knowledge, met an INFJ in real life. :p I want to, dammit!!!

Fidelia

Iron Maiden
Staff member
MBTI Type
INFJ
They are a bit chameleon like because they tend to try to fill the role that no one else already is, so they might look very different. I have a hard time even identifying them, despite being one.

Quick

MBTI Type
INFX
Enneagram
4w3
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
TBH, I am offended FOR the INFJ's because this thread exists in the first place.

Fidelia

Iron Maiden
Staff member
MBTI Type
INFJ
Haha, the forum went through a period where a number of people had had acrimonious breakups or other dealings with infjs.

SurrealisticSlumbers

📠girl in an 🎠world
MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I'm not totally sure, but I have a feeling that a lady I used to work with, and who I still bump into from time to time (small town lol), is an INFJ. Possibly.

SurrealisticSlumbers

📠girl in an 🎠world
MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Also would INFJs have a refined style, but without being too gaudy? Like they care about their appearance but aren't too big on using lots of makeup or wearing clothes that are too in-your-face?

Whitlock

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
6w5
I can see a thread about this! Being one myself I often find that I assume others just know things the same way that I do. When explaining things I tend to leave out important facts and most times it comes back to bite me later. I also have to work hard at not insulting others,seems I don't have a filter and I'll just tell you what I think without thinking about how it might effect you. This has got better with age. But I still have a hard time holding back if your trying to get some bullshit passed me. Also at times I just need to be left alone, you can call or text all you want. If I'm not ready your not going to hear back from me...
Then at times I totally flip and I'm the complete opposite. This can really make it hard for the people around me and myself. As I have gotten older I have learned to do a lot of apologizing even if I'm not the one that needs to be doing it. Well now I'm starting to talk about some of my good INFJ traits don't want to high jack the thread I better stop.

Whitlock

Forever

Permabanned
MBTI Type
NiFi
Enneagram
3w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Also would INFJs have a refined style, but without being too gaudy? Like they care about their appearance but aren't too big on using lots of makeup or wearing clothes that are too in-your-face?

Yes.

Yes. I’m not a fan of using makeup myself and most of my clothes are okay looking.

AdmiralAndGirlsDesu

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4w5
INFJ and INFP are similar in so many ways, but I still have a fair amount of trouble adjusting to INFJ's Extroverted Feeling. Introverted Feeling is deeply concerned with what feels right to the individual / a few individuals, but Extroverted Feeling tries to find a set of more 'universal' values that happen to come into conflict with some of my deeply held personal beliefs and convictions.

Snow as White

ƃuıǝǝs | seeing
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
4w3
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp

subject line: INFJ hate thread

topics covered: what glorious types of makeup do they use or not use.

I have encountered two subspecies of the INFJ female in the wild:
  • INFJnullimakeupaureleous enjoys being au natural and connected to mother earth. you will often find her blogging about her fresh green smoothie harvested from her backyard garden. somewhere, in the distance, a cat meows.
  • INFJmultimakeupaureleous enjoys watching makeup tutorials on YouTube and then spending far too much money on Sephora right afterwards. she knows how to do makeup to look good, look different, but not look like she's prepping for a night swinging around a pole. in the near proximity of the cameras, a cat purrs.

Perhaps your perceived rarity is due to people devoting entire threads to their seething hatred of you? Some of you are hiding out as other types so it appears you’re super rare. Poor INFJs, hunted for your horns so people can make aphrodisiac powder with them.

We need to set up a INFJ reserve. Sir David Attenborough can do a program on you.

“Here walks the majestic INFJ. Strong and graceful, they graze on these rolling plains, ever watchful for poachers. Ever mindful that their near mythical reputation may mean their horn, severed and ground into a fine powder, ends up in a distant street market in Marakesh.”

Lyra.I

First of Her Name
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Why does this thread even exist :shock: INFJs are the best :wubbie:

EDIT: okay i see the point after going through the earlier replies lol. I can't think of anything annoying because i only know one INFJ who happens to be my best friend and soul-sister :3

Mmmm they do overthink things though, going off on a tangent that may be far off from reality and obsessively thinking about it until they're brimming, only to find out the real thing was nothing of the sort.

Coriolis

Si vis pacem, para bellum
Staff member
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Why does this thread even exist :shock: INFJs are the best :wubbie: This thread shouldn't exist even if they weren't :/

EDIT: okay i see the point after going through the earlier replies lol. Honestly though, i can't think of anything annoying because i only know one INFJ who happens to be my best friend and soul-sister :3
There are several threads about hating this or that type. The titles may be hyperbolic, but every type has failings, and type-related behaviors that tend to annoy other types. The purpose is to document and discuss those here. When done constructively, this can provide useful feedback for members of the subject type on how they come across to others, and what they might want to work on to get along better.

Lyra.I

First of Her Name
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
There are several threads about hating this or that type. The titles may be hyperbolic, but every type has failings, and type-related behaviors that tend to annoy other types. The purpose is to document and discuss those here. When done constructively, this can provide useful feedback for members of the subject type on how they come across to others, and what they might want to work on to get along better.

Ahh yeah i realized the title's exaggerated, I get what the threads are for, i spoke too soon earlier haha. Thanks for the info anyway, i see it's usefulness.