User Tag List

First 7151617181927 Last

Quote Originally Posted by TSDesigner View Post
    I don't hate INFJ's, but INFJ's seem to be the most negative thinkers and the biggest whiners and complainers of all the personality types. They'll complain loudly and regularly about how things aren't going well for them. They talk about how the things they're trying are not working out for them, BUT they absolutely refuse to change. They'll keep doing exactly the same things that that don't work and they'll keep making the same complaints pretty much forever. They don't take personal responsibility for solving their problems. They'd rather blame other people and external circumstances for everything. They didn't listen to me when I tried to give them advice on other forums (long before I found this forum). All these things that INFJ's do are the opposite of what the success gurus recommend.
    Honestly that is so not true for me. I hate whiners and want to kick them in the butt and tell them to move instead of spending all their time complaining about nothing.

You must have come across some pretty unhealthy INFJs (also I think that INFJs who are Enneagramm 4s would be much more likely to whine than for example a 9 or a 5)

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    4w5

I love INFJS. My sister is an INFJ, and we're very close and get along splendidly.

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram

INFJs are gay.

No, but really best second best friend is an INFJ and she is one of the coolest and most dynamic personalities I have ever known. It's hot, in a way.
    Is it that by its indefiniteness it shadows forth the heartless voids and immensities of the universe, and thus stabs us from behind with the thought of annihilation, when beholding the white depths of the milky way?

MBTI
    intp
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx

What's with all the hate today?

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    9w1

I just read through the entire thread, and i just wanted to say, that Kiddo is my hero

seriously guys, if you haven't go back and read the debate between kiddo and evan, it's awesome

also, it seems that evan has figured he isn't an INFJ after all, which just makes it alot more fascinating to read

Patron Saint Of Smileys Gloriana's Avatar
    MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    6w5
    Socionics
    INFJ

I'm new here, and I'm pretty new to the MBTI types. I didn't realize I was such a miserable bastard! This is fun!!

Speaking of fun, when do we start the "Gandhi hate thread"??? I know he's dead but he really does need to be taken down a peg.

MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    Socionics
    ILE None

Quote Originally Posted by Kiddo View Post
    Oh yeah, insight comes from data. We just have all these preexisting insights in our minds, many of which we don't even remember the original data by which we went about obtaining them. And then we come to new situations where we apply them. It feels like a magical experience when those insights fall perfectly into place in a given situation.
    You mean you think plato/socrates theory of forms is true ?

"Behind you!!! The Perfect Chair!"

The whole idea only holds as long as one is blind to the obvious needs of evolution within a given environnement with limited ressources and the similarities between our brains and general phenotypes (making us a species, ya know).
    Truths work because we wouldn't survive if we couldn't build useful paterns out of our environnement. But they're still only strong correlations between individual views, and by no mean absolutes.

See, what you said is a perfect exemple of 'insights' with limited data. By elevating internal data processing derived outputs to the rank of 'magical insights' people are bound to become well, fools.
    Expression of the post modern paradox : "For the love of god, religions are so full of shit"

Theory is always superseded by Fact...
    ... In theory.

“I’d hate to die twice. It’s so boring.”
    Richard Feynman's last recorded words

"Great is the human who has not lost his childlike heart."
    Mencius (Meng-Tse), 4th century BCE

Senior Member the state i am in's Avatar
    MBTI
    infj
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp

Quote Originally Posted by TSDesigner View Post
    I don't hate INFJ's, but INFJ's seem to be the most negative thinkers and the biggest whiners and complainers of all the personality types. They'll complain loudly and regularly about how things aren't going well for them. They talk about how the things they're trying are not working out for them, BUT they absolutely refuse to change. They'll keep doing exactly the same things that that don't work and they'll keep making the same complaints pretty much forever. They don't take personal responsibility for solving their problems. They'd rather blame other people and external circumstances for everything. They didn't listen to me when I tried to give them advice on other forums (long before I found this forum). All these things that INFJ's do are the opposite of what the success gurus recommend.
    you only see a small fraction of infj potential. you expect them to just be like you, but they are not. i agree 100% they have much to learn from your Te, but you do not know how to show other people why it is helpful for them. you have to fucking communicate better.

i also agree that dwelling in the same old fucking Te loops is ultimately a waste of time/life/purpose. but they can't just skip that step and replace it with Fe. the world needs infjs as much as it needs intjs. it needs great communicators that can bring Ni insight to others who need it in a personal, you as a person, humane kind of way. it can only take so many nixons, heideggers, ayn rands, etc.

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    4w5 sp/sx

Quote Originally Posted by anii View Post
    They don't like surprises. Even pleasant ones.
    Pleasant is subjective.

Quote Originally Posted by Desert Flower View Post
    *Moody (Enneagram 4)
    *Temperamental (Enneagram 4)
    *Loners
    *Sympathetic until the person actually requires some of the INFJs "social time"...INFJ runs in the other direction
    *Suspicious
    *Prone to follow boring superficial rules of politeness when interacting with other people (must be the Fe)...this is why most people get blind-sided later when the "crazy" comes out.
    *Trapped in a dream world
    * INFJs enjoy too many solitary activities that keep them from forming "real" relationships
    *Never returns phone calls (don't want to be bothered with people...only care about people in "theory")
    *Semi-emo
    *Obsessed with perfection...must be some OCD-thing or fixation on personal growth...causes a lot of unnecessary stress
    *Build elaborate walls to keep people at arms length
    *Sassy (but those comments usually stay inside the head because it wouldn't be polite...unless provoked)
    *Sinking into sadness when under-stimulated

That's all I could think of...for now
    +1

Based on the INFJ's from this forum, this list represents most of the common faults shared by this type (from what I can tell). Excellent list. I'm guilty of the ones in bold :blushing:

I would only add:

*Trouble saying NO (Fe based - and probably more Enneagram 9 related)
    *Fearful
    *Passive-aggressive
    Last edited by lane777; 08-07-2009 at 07:05 PM.
    To die would be an awfully big adventure - Peter Pan

INFJ ~ 4w5 sp/sx ~ RLOAI ~ Inclusion e/w=1/0 (Melancholy Compulsive) Control: e/w=0/6 (Supine) Affection: e/w=4/0 (Phlegmatic Melancholy)

MBTI
    EN?P
    Enneagram

Dear INFJs,

If you ask for my advice regarding emotional/social issues and then proceed to ignore all my advice, I WILL say I told you so later. Because I did, in fact, tell you so.
    Anger is also a feeling.