User Tag List

First 6141516171826 Last

MBTI
    ENFJ

Sociology, I see.

What happens if somebody lacks these positive feelings when they interact, though? I guess that'd be that 16-25 age range or something.

I do realize I'm sounding a little stupid. I'm just far out of my element.
    -Carefully taking sips from the Fire Hose of Knowledge

MBTI
    INFP

Quote Originally Posted by Haphazard View Post
    Sociology, I see.

What happens if somebody lacks these positive feelings when they interact, though? I guess that'd be that 16-25 age range or something.

I do realize I'm sounding a little stupid. I'm just far out of my element.
    Yes, I guess it's sociology. I lifted it from social anthropology to try to use it in my masters thesis in history, so I'm no expert. As for lacking positive feelings, that's just one of many potential gains from transactions/interaction. Interacting to confirm that you're much smarter than the world and the world sucks could be a reward for such a person I guess, and they'd probably love to seek out the most sensitive persons and get them to act predictably dumb in order to get the biggest payoff. The sensitive person would probably keep interacting for a while hoping to help the person become better at social interaction and might also feel kind for being such a good friend to accept insults and keep investing, but in the end he'd realize that the chances of success were too small for such a large investment and stop the interaction. (There are of course thousands of other rewards each could reap from the interaction, but the point here is that people tend to stop investing when they don't gain anything enough from the interaction to cover the costs.)
    I have arms for a fucking reaosn, so come hold me. Then we'll fuvk! Whoooooh! - GZA

MBTI
    INFJ

I'll complain about a weakness I have as an INFJ that I hate. It seems like I always spend more time planning for something than I actually spend doing it. I think this same observation can be applied to my mind as well. I spend so much time building up my "framework" (imagination) that I don't really use it for anything. And the sad thing is that at this point I really don't know how to.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Enneagram 4w5 social

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram

carebear stated my position quite eloquently.

@wedekit: i agree -- i also have the same problem. it sucks...

MBTI
    INFJ

same here

i usually plan my bills, but come payday, i'm assed out for the next 2 weeks, wondering what the heck happened to my paycheck

MBTI
    xxfj

Don't have an Infj around in an emergency because they will just dissociate and walk around in a stupor, pretending everthing's okay.

There eyes seem to be looking out at you but really are staring in at themselves.

They have a superior little smirk on thier faces because they are busy thinking about how complex and special they are.

Some of them care about humanity, for example, but not people.

They believe menial tasks are beneath them. Fairy princesses shouldn't be bothered with such things.

They think refusing to let a thought enter thier mind is the same as changing something in the real world.....Like if they don't let themselves think there's a problem with another person that's the same as there not being a problem. So don't BRING IT UP. Or you will be banished.

But don't ask me. I don't know any.

MBTI
    INTJ

I don't hate INFJ's, but INFJ's seem to be the most negative thinkers and the biggest whiners and complainers of all the personality types. They'll complain loudly and regularly about how things aren't going well for them. They talk about how the things they're trying are not working out for them, BUT they absolutely refuse to change. They'll keep doing exactly the same things that that don't work and they'll keep making the same complaints pretty much forever. They don't take personal responsibility for solving their problems. They'd rather blame other people and external circumstances for everything. They didn't listen to me when I tried to give them advice on other forums (long before I found this forum). All these things that INFJ's do are the opposite of what the success gurus recommend.

Quote Originally Posted by TSDesigner View Post
    I don't hate INFJ's, but INFJ's seem to be the most negative thinkers and the biggest whiners and complainers of all the personality types. They'll complain loudly and regularly about how things aren't going well for them. They talk about how the things they're trying are not working out for them, BUT they absolutely refuse to change. They'll keep doing exactly the same things that that don't work and they'll keep making the same complaints pretty much forever. They don't take personal responsibility for solving their problems. They'd rather blame other people and external circumstances for everything. They didn't listen to me when I tried to give them advice on other forums (long before I found this forum). All these things that INFJ's do are the opposite of what the success gurus recommend.
    This version is better than the last and more telling. Now that you've got that off your chest, welcome round these INFJ infested parts.

:blows a bubble:
    "The purpose of life is to be defeated by greater and greater things." - Rainer Maria Rilke

Quote Originally Posted by TSDesigner View Post
    I actually like the few INFJs I know. They call me on my Ne bullshit.

But could this be an innate INTJ-INFJ issue? Us ENFPs tend to have all types of confusion with the ENTPs even though we adore them due to the function mixup on the aux and tert level. I would expect the same pattern here as well.

Dont worry, I'll always love INTJs too.

MBTI
    GONE

Mang, I wish I knew enough INFJs irl to hate you guys!

No really, I think I'm supposed to be dating one of you right now. Or an INTJ.

Where are you so you can complete me????

ps ^^ this is a joke people.
    “If you want to tell people the truth, make them laugh, otherwise they'll kill you.” ― Oscar Wilde

"I'm outtie 5000" ― Romulux

Johari/Nohari