• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[INFJ] INFJ Hate Thread

Gloriana

Patron Saint Of Smileys
MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
6w5
Eh, sometimes it's the other way around. But yeah, you guys are just irresistable, till someone's values gets stepped on and someone bites. Both end up hurt in the end it seems. Which is why, I figured that if I found one with whom my values lined up with the result would be some freaky explosion of awesome.

Yeah, I hear ya. I need to make a list of my values and keep it handy.

I have a bunch of 'surprise values' though, values I didn't know I had until some mofo starts stepping on them.

Damn it.

runvardh

にゃん
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Yeah, I hear ya. I need to make a list of my values and keep it handy.

I have a bunch of 'surprise values' though, values I didn't know I had until some mofo starts stepping on them.

Damn it.

Same here, apparently that's half the entertainment...

LotsOfHeart

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
Not to give pushback on some of the hate here (even though whenever someone says, "Not to ___" it virtually always means they are), but as far as the withdrawing thing and door-slamming I just have to put my two cents in.

I have been unfortunate to have met some extremely toxic personalities in my life. NPD people, clingy people, insulting people, heartless people, you name it I've probably known them. I used to let everyone in because I just wanted to be close with people. Unfortunately, I learned very early on that letting the majority of people I met into my daily life yielded some extremely bad results. At first I thought it was just a one-case scenario, but I began to realize that many people could be horrible to have in your daily life through repeated experiences. Of course, this is not everyone. There are many wonderful people out there who I would love to have in my life. Unfortunately, it's hard for me to tell who's who sometimes. So, my natural instinct is to initially trust no one. I've developed a hard outer shell because in essence, I have to. If I don't people will try to walk all over me, and I know that from personal experience. I don't want to not trust people and keep them at a distance, but I feel, at least for me that it is a necessity especially in today's society. That is, until they've proven they're trustworthy.

The way I make my evaluations of who is trustworthy and who isn't is pretty simple. I just judge them by their actions, and MUCH more importantly, the thoughts, feelings and motives BEHIND their actions. I am an excellent judge of these things. If someone is doing things that are wrong, or is a person I want to stay away from, I pick it up extremely quickly. They can put on a fascade if they want, but in most cases, I will see right through it.

Whether this is why all INFJs are the way they are I can't say. I'm just one. But I stand firmly by that feeling that it's OKAY to shut people out of your life if it's the best decision for you. To me, that's common sense. So, people who stay in abusive relationships, or trust random people they don't know are somewhat lacking in common sense to me.

As far as introverts wanting alone time, pretty much every introverted type is like that. That's just the way it is for us.

Lastly I'll address some of my weaknesses that I don't like about myself:

-Slow at taking care of daily errands/spends too much time sitting around contemplating life.
-A desire to be comfortable all of the time.
-Overly-perfectionistic (although sometimes I just want things to go well really badly which I think is human).
-Awkward with people/hold back part of myself out of shyness.

AphroditeGoneAwry

failure to thrive
MBTI Type
INfj
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
The way I make my evaluations of who is trustworthy and who isn't is pretty simple. I just judge them by their actions, and MUCH more importantly, the thoughts, feelings and motives BEHIND their actions. I am an excellent judge of these things. If someone is doing things that are wrong, or is a person I want to stay away from, I pick it up extremely quickly. They can put on a fascade if they want, but in most cases, I will see right through it.

i am in agreement here on the judging people by their actions. but judging them on their thougths and feelings behind their actions? i know for myself that my thoughts and feelings are pretty fluid, and i use language loosely (lower Ti) so, if you judged me on my feelings or emotions (maybe not so much motives) that you perceived were behind my actions, you would probably be judging something that might not even exist anymore, or you might just be wrong in your assumption to begin with.

Whether this is why all INFJs are the way they are I can't say. I'm just one. But I stand firmly by that feeling that it's OKAY to shut people out of your life if it's the best decision for you. To me, that's common sense. So, people who stay in abusive relationships, or trust random people they don't know are somewhat lacking in common sense to me.

people are in the relatioships they need to be in. some of it is about self-worth, some of it is about ignorance, and some of it is just about lying to yourself and being lied to, and believing that.

shutting out is your right and it is understandable. but when you shut out, you are also keeping out. when love stops flowing out, it also stops flowing in. so reacting to hurt by shutting out, imo, does more harm to that person than they might realize. and as a pattern it can have a negative effect on possible new relationships.

just food for thought. :)

runvardh

にゃん
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
LotsOfHeart: I've been burned too and have developed similar tactics. Some managed to make it past mine though, and I don't have near the confidence in my methods as you apparently have in yours.

Grace

MBTI Type
INTJ
I am very bad about reading threads all of the way through, so I apologize if this has been touched on.

I hate that INFJs tend to think that all other INFJs aren't really INFJs and are really mistyped ISFJs or INFPs or something of the sort. It's like most INFJs seem to have the mentality that "there can only be one."

Sarcasticus

Circus Maximus
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
5w4
I am very bad about reading threads all of the way through, so I apologize if this has been touched on.

I hate that INFJs tend to think that all other INFJs aren't really INFJs and are really mistyped ISFJs or INFPs or something of the sort. It's like most INFJs seem to have the mentality that "there can only be one."

I think it's partly because there is a significant latitude in the personality traits of the INFJ type.

Billy

Crazy Diamond
MBTI Type
INFJ
The fact that a shitload of INFJs are going to reply to this thread and say what they hate about INFJs while not actually saying anything bad.

So I will try to be honest.

What I hate about INFJs being one myself is that we are not nearly as kind and altruistic as you think we are, we just wear a veneer of kindness on our faces when in reality we are much cooler and much colder.

Grace

MBTI Type
INTJ
I think it's partly because there is a significant latitude in the personality traits of the INFJ type.

By significant latitude do you mean that an INFJ is described in a way that many people want to identify with it? If this is the case, then I guess I could agree with that based on the description of an INFJ since they are said to be complex and rare which some people might want to identify themselves with. I do not think, however, that in general INFJs are the coolest of the cool in real life and they probably aren't as popular when it comes to places outside of online forums and groups of ENTPs and whatnot. The average male would probably rather go for an ISFJ female, it seems, than an INFJ female, for instance. I think the same thing could be said with most N's in general. People on this board tend to think that some people type themselves as N's just because they think it will make them deeper or something, but really, being an S is probably better in terms of doing well socially with the majority of people outside of online forums.

It sort of seems like N stands for nerd in a lot of cases (which I say in love, obviously, since I am an N myself).

Grace

MBTI Type
INTJ
The fact that a shitload of INFJs are going to reply to this thread and say what they hate about INFJs while not actually saying anything bad.

What I hate about INFJs being one myself is that we are not nearly as kind and altruistic as you think we are, we just wear a veneer of kindness on our faces when in reality we are much cooler and much colder.
+1

My boyfriend once said to me that one of the reasons why he loved me was because underneath all of my marshmallowy niceness was a razor edge.

the state i am in

MBTI Type
infj
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
It sort of seems like N stands for nerd in a lot of cases (which I say in love, obviously, since I am an N myself).

N is the geek version of its S counterpart, yes. which means demanding better information, deriving more pleasure out of the brain, and using the imagination as a means and an ends. ideas are tasty, like donuts, and i like to eat them with my morning coffee.

firstjudge

MBTI Type
INFJ

I agree with this. I'm definitely no saint and there is a darker side to me. We're paradoxes.

the state i am in

MBTI Type
infj
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
i think infjs want to resonate with this statement bc they feel like others do not understand why they make the choices they make. and bc they take more factors into account than the generic humanistic ideas that they consider but don't fully adopt. i think the absence of Fi creates a sense of disjunction between being traditionally kind, warm, etc and our own internal experiences. but taking the statement at face value is misleading.

all types lash out at times and respond with hostility or negativity. whereas Fi doms swallow up these moments and incorporate them into a larger sea of good feeling, turning them back to good, we do the same in the realm of Ni, but understanding the way in which everything is connected, by wandering over the landscape images in our imagination to get a sense of the whole. intps seem harsh but they become very principled bc they work out better stories/narratives and logical deductions to realize the effect of their actions as well, within a grand narrative that incorporates their sense of self and who they want to be within the larger story. this is what makes them come back around/into the fold and create ethical behaviors.

with all of this said, if you look at the behavior of an infj, it's usually pretty evident that much energy and attention to putting more positivity into the environment than taking it out is an integral part of the life story. we want our motives to be understood (by others and by ourselves), and authenticity for us, ethically speaking, is very important bc it is more schismy than for an Fi dom. our feeling behavior at times is more calculated, or more external to us, than the PRIMARY source of our ideas, motives, and inspirations.

weakshadeofblue

MBTI Type
INFJ
Billy said:

the state i am in said:
with all of this said, if you look at the behavior of an infj, it's usually pretty evident that much energy and attention to putting more positivity into the environment than taking it out is an integral part of the life story. we want our motives to be understood (by others and by ourselves), and authenticity for us, ethically speaking, is very important bc it is more schismy than for an Fi dom. our feeling behavior at times is more calculated, or more external to us, than the PRIMARY source of our ideas, motives, and inspirations.

Both of these statements ring true for me. I feel like I am a REALLY mean person sometimes (I know my thoughts :D) - yet the second statement makes a lot of sense, too... I generally try to put positivity into an environment (though I didn't consciously realize that till now) and highly value authenticity (HATE fake-ness; hope I don't act fake...), and want my motives to be understood.

So... am I actually as mean and cold as I think I am, or is it my INFJ perfectionist streak telling me I'm mean and cold?

...hmmm... I can be really mean... ?

BlahBlahNounBlah

MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
7w6
I neither hate INFJs nor dislike them. I'm not even neutral. I think they're great, and their costs don't even come close to their benefits. But that's off-topic.

- CLOSED!

- WORRY ALL THE TIME!

- PARANOID!

- STUBBORN!

- DEMANDING!

- HAVE AGGRESSION THAT LEAKS OUT IN WEIRD WAYS!

- Lather, rinse, repeat. :) :hug:

BlackCat

Shaman
MBTI Type
ESFP
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I hate INFJ guys because they are direct competition for the ENTP girls. :thelook:

lillyofthevalley

MBTI Type
INFJ
*Moody
*Temperamental
*Loners
*Sympathetic until the person actually requires some of the INFJs "social time"...INFJ runs in the other direction
*Suspicious
*Prone to follow boring superficial rules of politeness when interacting with other people (must be the Fe)...this is why most people get blind-sided later when the "crazy" comes out.
*Trapped in a dream world
* INFJs enjoy too many solitary activities that keep them from forming "real" relationships
*Never returns phone calls (don't want to be bothered with people...only care about people in "theory")
*Semi-emo
*Obsessed with perfection...must be some OCD-thing or fixation on personal growth...causes alot of unnecessary stress
*Build elaborate walls to keep people at arms length
*Sassy (but those comments usually stay inside the head because it wouldn't be polite...unless provoked)

Thats all I could think of...for now:cool:

This is soooooo true!

lillyofthevalley

MBTI Type
INFJ
Yo, I have a question regarding on of the reasons why I hate INFJs.

Why does it take you so long to get over a breakup? Each one seems to take well over a year to get over.

I'm dealing with an INFJ who freaks out over the mere mention of her most recent ex's name and it has been 15 months now. What's worse is that this ex is my friend and every time I hang out with him I have to slink around her like a criminal because she freaks out otherwise.

Strange. I'm the opposite. I drop it and move on.

Yloh

MBTI Type
ENFJ
All an INFJ needs to do is switch that horrible I to a wonderful E and they would be perfect. ;)