First 2101112131422 Last

MBTI
    ESTP
    Enneagram
    873 sx/so
    Socionics
    SLE Ti

Quote Originally Posted by Kiddo View Post
    *to Silently Honest* You scratch my back and I'll scratch yours.
    Sure Thing!
    I go first!

MBTI
    OMNi

Er...nevermind.

Anyways, it's your turn to go fishing in the shark and piranha infested waters. I prepped you boat.

Quote Originally Posted by Silently Honest View Post
    OMNi: Wisdom at the cost of Sanity.

MBTI
    ESTP
    Enneagram
    873 sx/so
    Socionics
    SLE Ti

Nice try, who in they're right minds gets on a boat with no life jackets.

Sheesh...

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram

i think i'm done with this discussion. i know the functions, and i know i'm an INFJ. my Ne is weak, and my Ni is dominant. i have stronger Ti than any other INFJ i've interacted with, which is why i don't relate to a lot of you guys that much. but wedekit, of course we share many traits. i only point out traits that i don't share to prove that sometimes people make generalizations that don't apply to each individual.

MBTI
    INFJ

Of course that kind deduction is readily observable in the way I described INTJs in the INTJ Hater's thread. It's taking fairly limited information from dozens of unrelated discussions and making conclusions about the way their minds work from the observable patterns. The weird part is it is usually right. It is no way observing people's body language and tone and making deductions. In fact, I have never seen INFJs described as good at interpreting body language. That is "here and now" stuff and that is related to Ne.
    I know that I can read people fairly easily, but I have never really pinpointed why I was able to do that. Here's how I think it happens based on what you said. Tell me if it sounds right to you:
    I agree that my method has always been to try and get "inside their head". I don't pool all the data together in order to make connections and decide on an answer. I concentrate on coming up with the answer that I envision first and then see if the data connects properly afterwards. Usually it does.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but could it be seen that Ne tries to solve problems from the beginning (data) to the end (answer) while Ni tries to solve problems from the end (their "vision") to the beginning (data)?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Enneagram 4w5 social

MBTI
    OMNi

Quote Originally Posted by wedekit View Post
    I know that I can read people fairly easily, but I have never really pinpointed why I was able to do that. Here's how I think it happens based on what you said. Tell me if it sounds right to you:
    I agree that my method has always been to try and get "inside their head". I don't pool all the data together in order to make connections and decide on an answer. I concentrate on coming up with the answer that I envision first and then see if the data connects properly afterwards. Usually it does.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but could it be seen that Ne tries to solve problems from the beginning (data) to the end (answer) while Ni tries to solve problems from the end (their "vision") to the beginning (data)?
    Hm...that is an interesting way of thinking of it. Well said.

MBTI
    INFP

There is only one description that suggests that.
    Still, even if it's not suggested, I'm pretty sure INFJs pull from past experiences as well, just more subconsciously. dissonance's explanation does fit rather well with how my INFJ wife seems to be reasoning, but then again, it might be that's only when she's discussing things with me so it's heavily influenced by my Ne input (like heart talked about). Perhaps Ni is less about drawing from past experience and more a matter of applying insights gained from said experience. (If there is a difference.)
    I have arms for a fucking reaosn, so come hold me. Then we'll fuvk! Whoooooh! - GZA

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram

Quote Originally Posted by wedekit View Post
    I concentrate on coming up with the answer that I envision first and then see if the data connects properly afterwards. Usually it does.
    how do you envision it, though? you have to start off with something to get a vision. Ne would make a bunch of random guesses that would have to be analyzed by a judging function. Ni would connect the data with a long term framework, which would explain why the data is much more likely to connect properly when analyzed by a judging function. (and it also explains why Ni is so much slower than Ne).

yes. but you can't just jump to an answer without a framework guiding you. it's not like Ni just magically knows the answer.

MBTI
    OMNi

Quote Originally Posted by Carebear View Post
    Still, even if it's not suggested, I'm pretty sure INFJs pull from past experiences as well, just more subconsciously. dissonance's explanation does fit rather well with how my INFJ wife seems to be reasoning, but then again, it might be that's only when she's discussing things with me so it's heavily influenced by my Ne input (like heart talked about). Perhaps Ni is less about drawing from past experience and more a matter of applying insights gained from said experience. (If there is a difference.)
    That's it! Because another consistent thing I notice about INFJs is we don't necessarily remember the experience that lead to our insight, just the actual insight. Like when I read a book, I don't really remember so much what I read, but rather just the point it was trying to get across.

Quote Originally Posted by dissonance View Post
    yes. but you can't just jump to an answer without a framework guiding you. it's not like Ni just magically knows the answer.
    Actually that is kindof how it is. The Ni's vison comes from insights, not data. We may not even remember where the original insights came from.

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram

think about Ne/Ni as an analogy of Se to Si. Se sees the concrete of the present. Si sees the present in terms of the concrete of the past.

therefore Ne sees the abstract of the present. Ni sees the present in terms of the abstract of the past.