• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[MBTI General] Analysis: The "Hate an NF" threads

Carebear

will make your day
MBTI Type
INFP
Interesting observation I did today at personalitypage.com -> Personal Growt section:

There is a paragraph more in the F prefaces to "Potential problem areas" than in the T versions: For instance:
INFP:
Potential Problem Areas

With any gift of strength, there is an associated weakness. Without "bad", there would be no "good". Without "difficult", there would be no "easy". We value our strengths, but we often curse and ignore our weaknesses. To grow as a person and get what we want out of life, we must not only capitalize upon our strengths, but also face our weaknesses and deal with them. That means taking a hard look at our personality type's potential problem areas.

INFPs are rare, intelligent, creative beings with many special gifts. I would like for the INFP to keep in mind some of the many positive things associated with being an INFP as they read some of this more negative material. Also remember that the weaknesses associated with being an INFP are natural to your type. Although it may be depressing to read about your type's weaknesses, please remember that we offer this information to enact positive change. We want people to grow into their own potential, and to live happy and successful lives.

Most of the weaker characteristics that are found in INFPs are due to their dominant Feeling function overshadowing the rest of their personality. When the dominant function of Introverted Feeling overshadows everything else, the INFP can't use Extraverted iNtuition to take in information in a truly objective fashion. In such cases, an INFP may show some or all of the following weaknesses in varying degrees:

INTP:
Potential Problem Areas

With any gift of strength, there is an associated weakness. Without "bad", there would be no "good". Without "difficult", there would be no "easy". We value our strengths, but we often curse and ignore our weaknesses. To grow as a person and get what we want out of life, we must not only capitalize upon our strengths, but also face our weaknesses and deal with them. That means taking a hard look at our personality type's potential problem areas.

Most of the weaker characteristics that are found in INTPs are due to their dominant function of Introverted Thinking overtaking the personality to the point that all of the other functions exist merely to serve the purposes of Introverted Thinking. In such cases, an INTP may show some or all of the following weaknesses in varying degrees:

I found it hilarious for some reason. The person writing it thinking: "Damn, I guess I have to remind them of some of the positive shit I told them if I want to get them to read on. Blasted Fs!" While writing for the Ts it's simply: "Ok, we're all different, yada yada yada, this is the way you should shape up".

Ender

Large Member
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
2w%
Yeah patronizing explanations basically.

Tigerlily

unscannable
MBTI Type
TIGR
Enneagram
3w4
Amusing thread idea. ;) If someone doesn't like me because I'm an "NF", that would be fine as I don't often like most people so the feeling would be mutual.

anii

homo-loving sonovagun
MBTI Type
infp
Enneagram
Do all the types have 'hate' threads here?

nightning

ish red no longer *sad*
MBTI Type
INfj
I don't think there are ones for the SFs... but they're rarely talked about on threads.

digesthisickness

✿ڿڰۣஇღ♥ wut ♥ღஇڿڰۣ✿
MBTI Type
ENTP
Interesting observation I did today at personalitypage.com -> Personal Growt section:

There is a paragraph more in the F prefaces to "Potential problem areas" than in the T versions: For instance:
INFP:

INTP:

I found it hilarious for some reason. The person writing it thinking: "Damn, I guess I have to remind them of some of the positive shit I told them if I want to get them to read on. Blasted Fs!" While writing for the Ts it's simply: "Ok, we're all different, yada yada yada, this is the way you should shape up".

wow. it actually came right out and said so.

"INFPs are rare, intelligent, creative beings with many special gifts. I would like for the INFP to keep in mind some of the many positive things associated with being an INFP as they read some of this more negative material. Also remember that the weaknesses associated with being an INFP are natural to your type. Although it may be depressing to read about your type's weaknesses, please remember that we offer this information to enact positive change. We want people to grow into their own potential, and to live happy and successful lives."

he/she may as well have come right out and said, "don't slit your wrists! you're a wonderful, unique, beautiful, special person and i wouldn't say this if i didn't have to... since knowing you, you'd complain about being left out."

pretty insulting. you guys should get together and write him a letter telling him you don't take things personally.

Carebear

will make your day
MBTI Type
INFP
pretty insulting. you guys should get together and write him a letter telling him you don't take things personally.

Hahaha! Yes, that'd show them! "I hereby write you this lengthy, stiff letter to show you I don't care!"

It's the same for all the Fs btw, not just INFPs. An extra paragraph saying "don't slit your wrists". I find it hilarious.

digesthisickness

✿ڿڰۣஇღ♥ wut ♥ღஇڿڰۣ✿
MBTI Type
ENTP
Hahaha! Yes, that'd show them! "I hereby write you this lengthy, stiff letter to show you I don't care!"

It's the same for all the Fs btw, not just INFPs. An extra paragraph saying "don't slit your wrists". I find it hilarious.

seriously? my god. haha.

i'm surprised they risked saying the word, "weakness", and didn't say, "Although it may be depressing to read about your type's less strong strengths..." instead.

sriv

MBTI Type
JIxT
You P's irritate [piss] me [off]. Always worrying HOW.

That is how I would say it so it still applies.

heart

heart on fire
I know! They take everything seriously EVEN though my signature specifically tells them not to.

Nobody takes anything you say personally because you already told us you don't have personal feelings. I think you are just disappointed that no one did actually take you personally. ;)

I think Protean is way off base here. I agreed with her about her boss, that her boss doesn't communicate and then blows up when her wants are not fulfilled, I said yes she needs more Te and she cannot expect people to be mind readers and yet here Proteean is complaining that INFP did nothing but defend their type... Some people are never happy.

Protean was the only one to bring up a valid, clearly expressed complain about INFP. There wasn't anything else worthy of being agreed with or defended in the rest of the thread as far as I was concerned.

EDIT: Haphazard had a good point about INFP getting Te in debates. But other than that it was all too vague or petty to really have an opinion one way or the other about. Just Shiv trying to get NF attention and since nothing of great importance was being said, why not indulge him if that's what he wants?

If Protean wanted to set the ground rules how the INFP conducted themselves in their own "why do you hate an INFP" thread, then she should have been the one to start it and have spelled those rules out clearly to begin with. It is ridiculous to complain now "We ENFJ played by these unspoken rules and you should have too and now I am upset!"

digesthisickness

✿ڿڰۣஇღ♥ wut ♥ღஇڿڰۣ✿
MBTI Type
ENTP
You P's irritate [piss] me [off]. Always worrying HOW.

That is how I would say it so it still applies.

we aren't "worrying", we're "thinking". meaning, sometimes the HOW isn't worth contemplating.

for instance, in this context, "how sriv would say it" doesn't apply, make a difference, or solve anything.

sriv

MBTI Type
JIxT
Nobody takes anything you say personally because you already told us you don't have personal feelings. I think you are just disappointed that no one did actually take you personally. ;)

EDIT: Haphazard had a good point about INFP getting Te in debates. But other than that it was all too vague or petty to really have an opinion one way or the other about. Just Shiv trying to get NF attention and since nothing of great importance was being said, why not indulge him if that's what he wants?

Damn heart. You really know how not to get overdefensive. You make for a good spar.
The only good thing that was made was by me:
They are the kind of type you cannot hate, but you would never actually want to be.

heart

heart on fire
shiv said:
They are the kind of type you cannot hate, but you would never actually want to be.

This is the vague kind of a thing that I am talking about. There is no explict complaint here. It is not even worthy of considering. This was the typical comment made in the first "hate an INFP" thread.

disregard

mrs
MBTI Type
INFP
I've got to be an INFP, because I don't like having "Hate an ____" threads.

Haphazard

Don't Judge Me!
MBTI Type
ENFJ
INFPs may be sensitive and whatnot, but the main issue I see is getting THE LECTURE OF MORAL RECTITUDE (tm) from them, or really, anybody with strong Fi. Even if their opinion on the matter seems highly subjective, they will go ahead and steamroller you with their words. All you can do is stand back and cower until it's over, even if no matter what they say you may not agree. Afterwards, you just don't fucking say anything about your dissent for fear of THE LECTURE OF MORAL RECTITUDE (tm) again. This has happened to me several times -- I have a nasty habit of getting lectured on F-concentrated topics.

Fe is less frightening in concentrated forms and more of a nuisance. Fi though... whew!