User Tag List

First 12345 Last

MBTI
    INFP

Interesting observation I did today at personalitypage.com -> Personal Growt section:

There is a paragraph more in the F prefaces to "Potential problem areas" than in the T versions: For instance:
    INFP:
    Potential Problem Areas

With any gift of strength, there is an associated weakness. Without "bad", there would be no "good". Without "difficult", there would be no "easy". We value our strengths, but we often curse and ignore our weaknesses. To grow as a person and get what we want out of life, we must not only capitalize upon our strengths, but also face our weaknesses and deal with them. That means taking a hard look at our personality type's potential problem areas.

INFPs are rare, intelligent, creative beings with many special gifts. I would like for the INFP to keep in mind some of the many positive things associated with being an INFP as they read some of this more negative material. Also remember that the weaknesses associated with being an INFP are natural to your type. Although it may be depressing to read about your type's weaknesses, please remember that we offer this information to enact positive change. We want people to grow into their own potential, and to live happy and successful lives.

Most of the weaker characteristics that are found in INFPs are due to their dominant Feeling function overshadowing the rest of their personality. When the dominant function of Introverted Feeling overshadows everything else, the INFP can't use Extraverted iNtuition to take in information in a truly objective fashion. In such cases, an INFP may show some or all of the following weaknesses in varying degrees:
    INTP:
    Potential Problem Areas

With any gift of strength, there is an associated weakness. Without "bad", there would be no "good". Without "difficult", there would be no "easy". We value our strengths, but we often curse and ignore our weaknesses. To grow as a person and get what we want out of life, we must not only capitalize upon our strengths, but also face our weaknesses and deal with them. That means taking a hard look at our personality type's potential problem areas.

Most of the weaker characteristics that are found in INTPs are due to their dominant function of Introverted Thinking overtaking the personality to the point that all of the other functions exist merely to serve the purposes of Introverted Thinking. In such cases, an INTP may show some or all of the following weaknesses in varying degrees:
    I found it hilarious for some reason. The person writing it thinking: "Damn, I guess I have to remind them of some of the positive shit I told them if I want to get them to read on. Blasted Fs!" While writing for the Ts it's simply: "Ok, we're all different, yada yada yada, this is the way you should shape up".
    I have arms for a fucking reaosn, so come hold me. Then we'll fuvk! Whoooooh! - GZA

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    2w%

Yeah patronizing explanations basically.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Fe/Fi 36.9/37.7
    Ne/Ni 34.9/25.8
    Se/Si 25.7/19.5
    Te/Ti 28.4/31.9
    Type: 2w% sx/sp/so

I don't want it, I just need it, to breathe, to feel, to know I'm alive.

Never take life to seriously.. No one gets out alive in the end anyway.

MBTI
    TIGR
    Enneagram
    3w4
    Socionics
    EII None

Amusing thread idea. If someone doesn't like me because I'm an "NF", that would be fine as I don't often like most people so the feeling would be mutual.
    Time is a delicate mistress.

MBTI
    infp
    Enneagram
    Socionics
    fuck

Do all the types have 'hate' threads here?
    There's reason to be afraid, and reason to open your heart. ~ Seal

Refreshment for your ears: www.kexp.org

ish red no longer *sad* nightning's Avatar
    MBTI
    INfj

I don't think there are ones for the SFs... but they're rarely talked about on threads.

✿ڿڰۣஇღ♥ wut ♥ღஇڿڰۣ✿ digesthisickness's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENTP

Quote Originally Posted by Carebear View Post
    Interesting observation I did today at personalitypage.com -> Personal Growt section:

There is a paragraph more in the F prefaces to "Potential problem areas" than in the T versions: For instance:
    INFP:

INTP:

I found it hilarious for some reason. The person writing it thinking: "Damn, I guess I have to remind them of some of the positive shit I told them if I want to get them to read on. Blasted Fs!" While writing for the Ts it's simply: "Ok, we're all different, yada yada yada, this is the way you should shape up".
    wow. it actually came right out and said so.

"INFPs are rare, intelligent, creative beings with many special gifts. I would like for the INFP to keep in mind some of the many positive things associated with being an INFP as they read some of this more negative material. Also remember that the weaknesses associated with being an INFP are natural to your type. Although it may be depressing to read about your type's weaknesses, please remember that we offer this information to enact positive change. We want people to grow into their own potential, and to live happy and successful lives."

he/she may as well have come right out and said, "don't slit your wrists! you're a wonderful, unique, beautiful, special person and i wouldn't say this if i didn't have to... since knowing you, you'd complain about being left out."

pretty insulting. you guys should get together and write him a letter telling him you don't take things personally.
    ✻ღϠ₡ღ✻
    (¯`✻´¯)
    `*.¸.*'ღϠ₡ღஇڿڰۣ
    •.¸¸. Ƹ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒჱܓ. இڿڰۣ.¸¸.இڿڰۣ´¯`·.─♥

Cerebral Artery
    http://www.facebook.com/CerebralArtery

MBTI
    INFP

Quote Originally Posted by digesthisickness View Post
    pretty insulting. you guys should get together and write him a letter telling him you don't take things personally.
    Hahaha! Yes, that'd show them! "I hereby write you this lengthy, stiff letter to show you I don't care!"

It's the same for all the Fs btw, not just INFPs. An extra paragraph saying "don't slit your wrists". I find it hilarious.
    I have arms for a fucking reaosn, so come hold me. Then we'll fuvk! Whoooooh! - GZA

✿ڿڰۣஇღ♥ wut ♥ღஇڿڰۣ✿ digesthisickness's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENTP

Quote Originally Posted by Carebear View Post
    Hahaha! Yes, that'd show them! "I hereby write you this lengthy, stiff letter to show you I don't care!"

It's the same for all the Fs btw, not just INFPs. An extra paragraph saying "don't slit your wrists". I find it hilarious.
    seriously? my god. haha.

i'm surprised they risked saying the word, "weakness", and didn't say, "Although it may be depressing to read about your type's less strong strengths..." instead.
    ✻ღϠ₡ღ✻
    (¯`✻´¯)
    `*.¸.*'ღϠ₡ღஇڿڰۣ
    •.¸¸. Ƹ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒჱܓ. இڿڰۣ.¸¸.இڿڰۣ´¯`·.─♥

Cerebral Artery
    http://www.facebook.com/CerebralArtery

MBTI
    JIxT

I find it accurate in its description.
    Reyson: ...If you were to change your ways, I'm sure we could rebuild the relationship the two of us once shared.

Naesala: Oh no, that I could never do. You see, humans are essential to the fulfillment of my ambitions.

Reyson: You've changed, Naesala. If this is the path you've chosen, I've nothing left to say.

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    9w1
    Socionics
    INFj None

Quote Originally Posted by sriv View Post
    I find it accurate in its description.
    You're missing the point.
    “There are two novels that can change a bookish fourteen-year old’s life: The Lord of the Rings and Atlas Shrugged. One is a childish fantasy that often engenders a lifelong obsession with its unbelievable heroes, leading to an emotionally stunted, socially crippled adulthood, unable to deal with the real world. The other, of course, involves orcs.”
    ~ John Rogers