• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[ENFP] ENFPs and Vengeance

Tyrinth

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I really don't know if this is the same thing, as I am an INFP not ENFP. (Though the two are somewhat similar...)

However, I do get that feeling when a value is struck or trod upon by someone, though rarely over the same situations that you described. (Although that's the nature of Fi isn't it?)
... evokes severe rage in me (like the kind where you have to remind yourself that killing or severely bludgeoning them would be against the law)

Heh, this is something I feel often, and definitely is one of those times I need to remind myself of the consequences of actions...

The thing is, while often unavoidable, it is both a pleasant and unpleasant feeling. You rarely seem to be able to do much of anything about whatever upset you, short of an action which would land you in prison... (At least in my experience.) However, vengeance is great and often satisfying to think about... As long as you don't act on it.

FunnyDigestion

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
I had a baby. its name was johnson. it was a sailor. it was 33 years old. it was an accident. i ddint mean to. i'll apologize someday. it won't matter. i'm 30 tomorrow.

mmhmm

meinmeinmein!
i'm fairly vindictive. the trouble is i forget so easily.
but then once in a while i'll remember to not forgive
and then i'll daydream of ways to squash them before
i usually forget again...

i remember better if i see their face around to which
i just turn into a bully...

Elisius

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
2w1
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
I'm never properly angry with people. I more just feel frustrated, like I have to "Correct" them. Never a punitive measure and never raw revenge, I just feel like this person is broken and they're breaking the system around them and I need to fix them. And it often comes out as this ENFP bitchslap I've seen talked about. But it's always with injustice, I don't get this feeling with stupid or foolish people, just bigots and the malevolent or ambivalent. People that I see as unethical.

unityemissions

MBTI Type
INFP
I get angry to the extreme at times, and it just gets worse when people start saying I'm in the wrong simply because I've lost my cool, even when I'm speaking sound reasoning through my enraged voice. It's usually the NT's who see emotional reacting as an automatic weakness. Morons.

Anyways, I've had incidences where I pretty much go "insane", in that I feel the wrong must be righted, and won't rest until it's so...but when the people never give into doing something wrong, and it was very much so...I just keep it held in, and it fucking sucks.

Don't tell me I need therapy, or just need to let it go. Fuck off. I need people to act more reasonably, and under the guidance of at least a partially intact conscience.

My biggest problem is in trying to change people who are obviously severely personality disordered. They simply don't learn. The best we can do is leave them be.