User Tag List

First 123 Last

Results 11 to 20 of 22

  1. #11
    Junior Member JunkFood's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    MBTI
    eNFP
    Enneagram
    7w6 sx/sp
    Socionics
    IEI
    Posts
    13

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Ethanescence View Post
    I'm in a relationship with an ENFP and she'd probably agree with this. I remember when I linked to her to the MBTI questionnaire, she said she had trouble with choosing a preference between reading a book at home or socialising at a party. That question would be pretty easy for me to answer, but she was legitimately torn.
    haha! yuus! lol that's me too. sometimes i retake the test to see if my type has changed over time. it's dropped on the extroversion scale recently, but ENFP is what usually comes up. I get stuck on that question a lot too! i really don't know what i'd prefer...parties are fun, but then there's delving into a whole other universe! gah, the pressure lol.

  2. #12
    Member DisneyFanGirl's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    7w6 sx
    Posts
    92

    Default

    I don't even like parties unless I know everyone (and they're my best friends). So I would prefer to read a book (as long as the book is good, that is). I kept testing as INFP but my Ne was scaring those poor little introverts which made me rethink my functions...

  3. #13
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    4
    Posts
    301

    Default

    ENFPs, like probably a lot of the types, seem to be quite a diverse bunch. On the one hand, you have ENFPs who love parties and socializing, have a wide circle of acquaintances and can be mistaken for ESFPs (even by themselves in some cases). On the other hand, you have ENFPs who really enjoy spending time alone, have a smaller circle of friends and can be mistaken for introverts (again even by themselves). It depends how high on the extrovert scale you are, what your personal values are and just generally what plane of thinking you're on. One thing I've noticed about most ENFPs though, is that they always seem to treat INFJs well, and I've always appreciated that.
    A hero is someone who does the right thing without expectation of reward, just because it's the right thing to do.

  4. #14
    Senior Member alcea rosea's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    7w6
    Socionics
    ????
    Posts
    3,665

    Default

    I'm too like what you described here in the original post.
    and hi to you too!

    Quote Originally Posted by JunkFood View Post
    okay, so i've seen this saying tossed around for a couple of ENFPs on the net. some for which it applies to and for some ENFPs it doesn't, which is completely cool. but for this "ENFP" it absolutely does. i've always felt that there was something about me that separated me from people even when i was young. not even necessarily in a good way. i love being around people and when i am out with them, there's nothing shy about who i am. i've also been this way since i was younger. i love connecting with and expressing myself to others. especially when it's accepted. but when i'm by myself i am very far from lonely. i really enjoy my own company.

    lately i've noticed that i actually prefer it more often than not. i love going out and having tons of adventures alone. going to the movies, wandering outside barefoot, etc. i love it! i get to be myself completely, no expectations from others~ i'm completely fine with it and it's comfortable. i would love if i had a rad significant other that i could do all of this with, but i'm okay alone. i know i'm blabbing, but the point is (lol) that over the passed year and some months, i've become even more of a "loner" than i already am and when it comes to people i've been wanting to keep a certain amount of distance.

    i know that i'm very sensitive and when i'm with people i risk going through emotional pain and other things (being enneatype 7 i avoid that immediately). i just feel like there's something about me thats wrong and that it'd just be better for me to be by myself until i find someone that can join my wolf pack lol. my tolerance level in my friendships have changed as well. i also read that ENFPs can be inconsistent? for me that's very true when it comes to my relationships with people. especially when i go on hermit mode. i'm like one of those movie characters that disappears for a year or something and then pops back into someones life outta nowhere and picks right back up where they left off. (LIKE A GYPSY!) is it normal for ENFPs to want to be alone a lot? or maybe my MBTI type has changed idk. what do you guys think? typical behavior or no?

    btw, HI!!!

  5. #15
    Senior Member Santosha's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    MBTI
    HUMR
    Enneagram
    6 sx
    Socionics
    iNfp Ni
    Posts
    1,521

    Default

    Sociable Loner would describe me very well. I am also moderate in my Extroversion. I am drawn to people, merge with my external world, then like to dissapear in myself later to think and reflect about what I took in. I know two other ENFP's in my close circle, both of them are very extroverted, they do the same thing but merge for longer periods than I can. I sometimes think ENFP's are the ultimate observers of human condition. THey engage, push this button or pull this lever to see how it responds, then reflect. I know introverts can also feel like they observe, far more than we do, but I can not understand how they can take the smallest external thing inward for so long and feel they honestly understand it. Not saying they can't.. but I don't comprehend this as I have to have continued external info moving in to understand, where they seem to need far less.
    Man suffers only because he takes seriously what the gods made for fun - Watts

  6. #16
    Junior Member JunkFood's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    MBTI
    eNFP
    Enneagram
    7w6 sx/sp
    Socionics
    IEI
    Posts
    13

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by DisneyFanGirl View Post
    I don't even like parties unless I know everyone (and they're my best friends). So I would prefer to read a book (as long as the book is good, that is). I kept testing as INFP but my Ne was scaring those poor little introverts which made me rethink my functions...
    haha you sound like me! but even if i don't know people there i might go just so i can dance by myself. "dancin' with mah- se- elf!" recently i've started to test as an INFP sometimes also. but the way i express my Ne is totally different like you said lol. my bestfriend is an INFP and you can sooner or later tell the difference between her and i. we feel the same way about things but we go about acting on them entirely different.

    Quote Originally Posted by LotsOfHeart View Post
    ENFPs, like probably a lot of the types, seem to be quite a diverse bunch. On the one hand, you have ENFPs who love parties and socializing, have a wide circle of acquaintances and can be mistaken for ESFPs (even by themselves in some cases). On the other hand, you have ENFPs who really enjoy spending time alone, have a smaller circle of friends and can be mistaken for introverts (again even by themselves). It depends how high on the extrovert scale you are, what your personal values are and just generally what plane of thinking you're on. One thing I've noticed about most ENFPs though, is that they always seem to treat INFJs well, and I've always appreciated that.
    i agree with this! someone can be the same exact type as you and you'd be like,"Really?!" lol. My mommy is an INFJ :3 we have our differences but i love her. we find common ground through out the madness. INFJs are awesome! i think the ENFPs goal is to treat everyone well...well, at least i hope so. to treat others the way you want to be treated while still maintaining your self respect.

    Quote Originally Posted by alcea rosea View Post
    I'm too like what you described here in the original post.
    and hi to you too!
    YEY!!!! I'm not alone~ and you are not alone lol. i was starting to think, is this a nature that ENFPs even have? but as i see, yes

    Quote Originally Posted by Huxley3112 View Post
    Sociable Loner would describe me very well. I am also moderate in my Extroversion. I am drawn to people, merge with my external world, then like to dissapear in myself later to think and reflect about what I took in. I know two other ENFP's in my close circle, both of them are very extroverted, they do the same thing but merge for longer periods than I can. I sometimes think ENFP's are the ultimate observers of human condition. THey engage, push this button or pull this lever to see how it responds, then reflect. I know introverts can also feel like they observe, far more than we do, but I can not understand how they can take the smallest external thing inward for so long and feel they honestly understand it. Not saying they can't.. but I don't comprehend this as I have to have continued external info moving in to understand, where they seem to need far less.
    this sounds very familiar being an observer and reflecting about what i've observed! thanks for sharing btw!

  7. #17
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    4
    Posts
    301

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by JunkFood View Post


    i agree with this! someone can be the same exact type as you and you'd be like,"Really?!" lol. My mommy is an INFJ :3 we have our differences but i love her. we find common ground through out the madness. INFJs are awesome! i think the ENFPs goal is to treat everyone well...well, at least i hope so. to treat others the way you want to be treated while still maintaining your self respect.


    YEY!!!! I'm not alone~ and you are not alone lol. i was starting to think, is this a nature that ENFPs even have? but as i see, yes
    this sounds very familiar being an observer and reflecting about what i've observed! thanks for sharing btw!
    Yeah, good ENFPs do treat most any people well, sometimes even if those people are mean to them. The thing I think is kind of amazing about MBTI is almost every ENFP I meet likes me so much right away. You guys really like us!! And we really like you too!

    I just wish female ENFPs had a sign on their clothes sometimes so I wouldn't be quite so surprised when a "popular girl" is interested in me... (Hopefully I'm not stepping on any other type's toes with that statement...It is really true and I can go into more detail if necessary).
    A hero is someone who does the right thing without expectation of reward, just because it's the right thing to do.

  8. #18
    Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    MBTI
    enfp
    Posts
    61

    Default

    I hate me some parties. I think that there is a trick about 'Social' Events not being social. Alot of people like that there are just alot of people.

    But the type of things I like to talk about and the type of things I want to know about someone isn't something you learn in that setting.

    I do go to events where I'm friends with everyone but I always bring somebody I know well and I like well so I can just have a good time with them.
    A Fox isn't sly. He just can't think any slower.

  9. #19
    Senior Member alcea rosea's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    7w6
    Socionics
    ????
    Posts
    3,665

    Default

    I enjoy being around peple and going to the parties. I love the positive group athmosphere, I feed on that, . I love to party, I love to dance at the parties. Unfortunately there hasn't been too many parties in my life the last years.

  10. #20
    Junior Member JunkFood's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    MBTI
    eNFP
    Enneagram
    7w6 sx/sp
    Socionics
    IEI
    Posts
    13

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Kitsune413 View Post
    I think that there is a trick about 'Social' Events not being social.

    But the type of things I like to talk about and the type of things I want to know about someone isn't something you learn in that setting.
    couldn't have said it better my self! i like to have the opportunity to connect with people and really see what they're about. a party is not a place that i can do that. i wouldn't consider a party a social setting unless it's like a "get together" or something.

    Quote Originally Posted by LotsOfHeart View Post
    Yeah, good ENFPs do treat most any people well, sometimes even if those people are mean to them. The thing I think is kind of amazing about MBTI is almost every ENFP I meet likes me so much right away. You guys really like us!! And we really like you too!

    I just wish female ENFPs had a sign on their clothes sometimes so I wouldn't be quite so surprised when a "popular girl" is interested in me... (Hopefully I'm not stepping on any other type's toes with that statement...It is really true and I can go into more detail if necessary).
    awwwww! this is so sweet it's because you guys are so awesome! and "Popular Girl" ?! i don't think i was ever one of those girls haha. are ENFPs considered popular? i know that we're friendly and make friends with people despite of what type of label they're under. personality comes first with us (well for me it does). thus generating different types of friends...but i never really saw myself in that light haha. i've always felt like an outcast that just talked to everyone lmao. you really are the sweetest! i hope you find some one as sweet as you are and treats you just a well

    and about the "Yeah, good ENFPs do treat most any people well, sometimes even if those people are mean to them."
    - i can really relate to that o.0 i had a was a huge push over when i was little. my first bestfriend bullied & manipulated me a lot lol. i was about five. my sister did this too...sadly. it was terrible. i've gotten a lot better about things though! i'm very far from being that passive. i love that you pointed that out! it kind of reminds me of SpongeBob (ENFP) and Squidwards situation lol. Spongebob makes excuses for Squidward being a huge asshole and just tolerates it...-____- i'm still waiting for the episode where Spongebob just seriously freaks out on him for treating like that lol.

    Quote Originally Posted by alcea rosea View Post
    I enjoy being around peple and going to the parties. I love the positive group athmosphere, I feed on that, . I love to party, I love to dance at the parties. Unfortunately there hasn't been too many parties in my life the last years.
    Don't worry. you'll find a place that you can "get loose" and "shake it" at soon lol

Similar Threads

  1. [ENFP] ENFP quotes/proverbs
    By BlueScreen in forum The NF Idyllic (ENFP, INFP, ENFJ, INFJ)
    Replies: 55
    Last Post: 08-13-2010, 06:29 PM
  2. Colorful Sayings/Quotes
    By ladypinkington in forum The Bonfire
    Replies: 39
    Last Post: 05-10-2010, 06:28 PM
  3. Words of Wisdom, Inspiring Quotes, etc
    By rivercrow in forum The Fluff Zone
    Replies: 33
    Last Post: 11-21-2008, 06:39 PM
  4. [MBTItm] Quote on Intution
    By heart in forum The NF Idyllic (ENFP, INFP, ENFJ, INFJ)
    Replies: 10
    Last Post: 07-15-2007, 01:28 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
Single Sign On provided by vBSSO