First 123 Last

MBTI
    ESTP
    Enneagram
    7w8 sx/so
    Socionics
    SLE

Quote Originally Posted by Vilku View Post
    im as pure N as one could get, but i find body language endlessly fascinating way of communication(esp in giving depth), a boost in charm and personality by developing it constantly forward and never forgetting how huge amount of positive influence it truly provides to those who understand it.

in my culture, body language is generally deprived, not surprising of such a dark population as finnish are.
    but i wont hold myself from waving my hands, body, face, around however feels best!
    and i can see the huge positive impact it has on the moods of others.

also not to mention the key it has to seeing deep into others very easily.

your turn!
    I'm as animated as you can get!

In person, I use my hands, facial expressions, change the tone/pitch/volume of my voice, body posture, point at things, throw things, whatever is needed to communicate a point.

This is my default in many ways, but also a benefit to me in my profession. Alot of times I have to facilitate meetings where a big room of people have been ordered to show up and solve some ridiculous problem in a short amount of time. So, the best thing for me to do is get them all in a good mood, elicit the information needed to do the work in the course of entertaining them, and then send them on their merry way as I draft up what is needed to complete the work. Such work is among my favorite things to do for a living.

When it comes to being an appreciator of body language as used by others, I guess I am if I appreciate something about the person wielding it. If someone is annoying to me or dislikable to me for whatever reason then I am not easily going to be endeared to something as specific as their body language. But, when it comes to casual observance of the interactions of total strangers with each other, this is really entertaining stuff to watch.

So, yeah, I'm a fan I guess.

-Alex
    --------------------
    Type Stats:
    MBTI -> (E) 77.14% | (i) 22.86% ; (S) 60% | (n) 40% ; (T) 72.22% | (f) 27.78% ; (P) 51.43% | (j) 48.57%
    BIG 5 -> Extroversion 77% ; Accommodation 60% ; Orderliness 62% ; Emotional Stability 64% ; Open Mindedness 74%

Quotes:
    "If somebody asks your MBTI type on a first date, run". -Donna Cecilia
    "Enneagram is psychological underpinnings. Cognitive Functions are mental reasoning and perceptional processes. -Sanjuro

garbage

Quote Originally Posted by Halla74 View Post
    In person, I use my hands, facial expressions, change the tone/pitch/volume of my voice, body posture, point at things, throw things, whatever is needed to communicate a point.
    Same here. In some contexts, I'm relatively subdued. When I lecture or when I'm in a social setting, it's all about facial expressions, pitch, enunciation.. anything and everything to get the point across as an overall impression rather than as a mere string of words.

So much is lost with words alone. They are often an imperfect translation of our thoughts, and they must be supplemented with other things to get our entire point across.

It's one thing to convey something intellectually--quite another to actually get others to internalize it.

Most of being successful at reading body language is simply paying attention to it.

Quote Originally Posted by DisneyFanGirl View Post
    I enjoy acting so I pay close attention to all body language. I have to rehearse all my shows exactly as the character so body language is an important, and often the most difficult, part of it.
    I can totally see this. If your body language isn't right, you might not "convince" your audience--and they might not even know why they're not convinced. Acting is a great way to practice impactful body language.

MBTI
    INtp
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/so
    Socionics
    LII Ne

I don't love body language. For me, it's just another thing that my brain has to process. It's a type of information that I'm rather hit or miss about interpreting it right.
    INtp
    5w6 or 9w1 sp/so/sx, I think
    Ravenclaw/Hufflepuff
    Neutral Good
    LII-Ne

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram

I suppose. it's hard to talk to someone without moving my hands, moving my arms, face, shoulders, hair, whipping my hair.
    RCUAI
    ---------
    "Man is free, but his freedom ceases when he has no faith in it."

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    9w1 sx/so

whipping your hair? oh...shit that's funny
    There can’t be any large-scale revolution until there’s a personal revolution, on an individual level. It’s got to happen inside first.
    -Jim Morrison

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram

Quote Originally Posted by Lady X View Post
    whipping your hair? oh...shit that's funny
    Dude, I started whipping hair. Willow Smith made a mockery of it & she's making millions. & I've never whipped paint off of my hair at little kids.
    RCUAI
    ---------
    "Man is free, but his freedom ceases when he has no faith in it."

MBTI
    MBTI
    Enneagram
    0w0

Quote Originally Posted by Riva View Post
    Referring to the word 'but' in your sentence, being N has nothing to do with being unresponsive to body language.

INTJs are given the stereotypical description of being blind to body language. From what I have noticed this is incorrect. They are quite good at identifying and interpreting body language. They might not be very reactive to them.

ExTJs suck at being responsive and interpreting them though. That should be noted. Especially ENTJs. And IxTPs also might suffer from the lack of being responsive to them. INTPs the most.

Anyway I love it. Love getting better and better at it. The older I get the better I seem to get at it.
    unresponsive? i dont believe i ever implicated anything which could give out such an idea. although i have noticed, N's are generally lousier in body language, or body language shy.

while S types never seem to give quite the depth an N who loves body language can, but then, this is N talking and thus N perspective and = biased as both look for different things from the same object.

such are the reasons, in maturing we find. (to your post)

to the fake smile thing:
    i have an easier method, simply read their reaction. its easy to see what caused a reaction when youve learned to predict others.
    the spotting some specific thing out of ordinary is T kind of observing just some very specific thing instead of depth or accordance.

Quote Originally Posted by bologna View Post
    Most of being successful at reading body language is simply paying attention to it.
    with my love to it, ive analyzed it in depth to the point i know exactly when to look at others to know what i want to know and at other times, just absentmindedly eyes picking it while i concentrate on talking.
    the more i concentrate on talking, the more blind i become. its funny how i sometimes when in a very successful conversation, realize im so in the feelings and conversation, that im really unconscious as to whats happening in front of my eyes.
    (if i recall these memories, when i actually in the conversation realized im blind, and tried to see, that moment i remember as seeing through a tunnel vision, very blurred!)

well, i suppose its N's advantage when learning the s ways. you can simply analyze how it works, and then you know. (without having to concentrate on it thus distracting your brain processing power from what you could use to talking.)

MBTI
    ESTJ
    Enneagram
    1w2 so/sp

Quote Originally Posted by Riva View Post
    Thank you for that link. I learned quite a lot in from the advice which was given after the test was completed.

I got 17 out of 20.
    I'm not an expert by any means, but I do know some about body language. I wasn't expecting to get a perfect score, I just knew from previous experience what to look for and figured I'd do pretty well.

Te-doms may not be naturals at this sort of stuff, but sometimes we can learn.
    1w2-6w5-3w2 so/sp

"I took one those personality tests. It came back negative." - Dan Mintz

Diving into Ni-space Crescent Fresh's Avatar
    MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    4w5

I found most ExxPs are really good at non-verbal communications, particularly applying the right kind of gesture (and mostly inventive and suits their aura).

I wonder if other INFJ really focus on applying body language as I find myself difficult to concentrate on utilizing both verbal and non-verbal expression.

MBTI
    MBTI
    Enneagram
    0w0

Quote Originally Posted by Crescent Fresh View Post
    I found most ExxPs are really good at non-verbal communications, particularly applying the right kind of gesture (and mostly inventive and suits their aura).

I wonder if other INFJ really focus on applying body language as I find myself difficult to concentrate on utilizing both verbal and non-verbal expression.
    i believe the key is to enjoy doing it. that way, it will be tagged to your behavior through unconscious desire and the more unconscious it becomes, the less processing power it takes.
    EDIT:
    same goes for speaking. focus on correcting mistakes permanently from your head instead of choosing "right" words.