User Tag List

View Poll Results: What's your art form?

Voters
50. You may not vote on this poll
  • Art (drawing, sculpting, painting, etc)

25 50.00%
  • Music (composing, singing, playing an instrument, etc)

24 48.00%
  • Words (writing stories, poetry, songs, etc)

36 72.00%
  • Film and theater (acting, dancing, editing film, etc)

12 24.00%
  • Other (explain below)

9 18.00%
  • None, I prefer other activities

1 2.00%
Multiple Choice Poll.
123 Last

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    7w6 sx

Default What's your art form?

NFs make good artists. Now I'm sure you appreciate every form of art listed in the poll but check off the art you do. Share it here!! Tell us how it makes you feel and why you love it!! And if you're not an artist, tell us what you love about it!!

Sniffles

Writing primarily for me. Maybe a little bit of acting along with it.

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    7w6 sx

I'm never sure if I should talk about myself in an opening post but here's the post about me!! I'm a performer!! I like acting and filming the best but I also write and sing as well. I checked off Words, Music, and Film and theater because I do all 3!! I wish I could do something artistic with my hands, like painting or sculpting but everything I try looks like a 5 year old did it. I love to perform though, it's exhilarating!! Acting fascinates me, it's the one time I don't have to be myself and I enjoy being someone else for a while. I also enjoy film making, from filming the movie to editing it. I've been doing that lately but I really miss acting.

I draw, though not as much as I used to. Didn't have much to work with as a kid, but pencil and paper were common, so I guess what compelled me to drawing was a combination of boredom and a lack of things to play with as a child. Started off drawing imitation of things, characters, etc. I thought I was half-decent so I kept at it. I have sort of a compulsive/ocd-ish perfectionist behavior, so drawing gives me a medium to focus all of that energy. Also, when I see something aesthetically pleasing, I have this urge to draw it. It can also double as a journal in a way. Whenever I look at my old stuff, it brings back memories and stories of what went on at the time of the work. It's very nostalgic to look at old work of 8 to 10 years ago. I'm fond of the feeling.

From the Undertow CuriousFeeling's Avatar
    MBTI
    INfJ
    Enneagram
    4w5 sp/sx
    Socionics
    EII

Music, writing, and visual arts.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Johari/Nohari

“Thoughts are the shadows of our feelings -- always darker, emptier and simpler.”
    ― Friedrich Nietzsche

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    9w1 sx/so

in my family i had/have 4 nfs and 2 sfs most of them artists in some way...i love art...love being surrounded by art and creativity. my dad was a painter and sculptor, my mom is a painter and getting into photography, one of my sisters paints, does hair and designs clothes and puts together fashion shows, the other sister can paint or draw just about anything she sees(isfj) and can bake and do crafts like you wouldn't believe! i do photography and one of these days plan to design stuff irl not just in my head.
    There can’t be any large-scale revolution until there’s a personal revolution, on an individual level. It’s got to happen inside first.
    -Jim Morrison

Banned
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    1w9 sp/sx
    Socionics
    ILI

I'm not an NF (though I do have rather high Fi), but I love to write. Only fiction though - I hate writing essays in school. I like to write for two reasons: 1. I've always head a good imagination, and can come up with amazingly complex plots, and 2. It's a way for me to share my ideas. I've come up with awesome ideas for books, video games, movies, and TV shows. Oddly, I don't really like reading fiction, or reading in general - I like learning things by reading nonfiction, but only if it's something useful.

However, I love listening to music, and although I was good at playing the guitar, I never enjoyed practicing. I wanted to get better at playing guitar, but I never had the time to practice.

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    4w5

Writing and music. I wish I could draw but alas, I cannot.
    Masquerading as a normal person day after day is exhausting.

My blog:
    TypeC: Adventures of an Introvert
    Wordpress: http://introvertadventures.wordpress.com/

figsfiggyfigs

There are already quite a few threads about art sharing on here. You should check them out. Oddly enough, I've noticed more NTs have an art/musical inclination than NFs on this forum, and the NFs tend to be more gifted in writing/photography.
    Maybe it is just me.

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    584 sx/sp
    Socionics
    ILI Ni

Whenever I think of art.

INTJ 5w4 sx/sp 584 ILI-Ni