User Tag List

First 6789 Last

Society

Quote Originally Posted by allegorystory View Post
    Plenty of NTs are capable of deep feeling and compassion and plenty of NFs are adept at deductive reasoning and logic. You lock into where those things overlap and hey, you've got compatibility.
    most of the time, yes. but as far as i can tell form both exp and the Jung's descriptions, the real key difference between T>F functions and F>T functions seem to be when they come into conflict, which means an NF will have a more difficult time accepting a thought that doesn't correspond with their feelings, and an NT will have a harder time accepting feelings that don't correspond with what they think.

Quote Originally Posted by FFF View Post
    I think N/S differences result in differing values more so than difficulty communicating.
    i find it interesting that you often see people attesting to Ni-Ne brainstorms and Se-Si dances, but you rarely hear anything positive about Fe/Fi or Te/Ti interactions complementing each other that easily, and when they do get along they rarely seem to result in any chemistry or sparks. based on the same mythical coupling, you'd think INTPs would be attracted to dominant Te users, such as ENTJ/ESTJ, but i have never seen it to be the case. it seems apposing orientations on perception functions tend to complete, while apposing orientations on judgmental functions tend to compete.

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram

Quote Originally Posted by Mane View Post
    i find it interesting that you often see people attesting to Ni-Ne brainstorms and Se-Si dances, but you rarely hear anything positive about Fe/Fi or Te/Ti interactions complementing each other that easily, and when they do get along they rarely seem to result in any chemistry or sparks. based on the same mythical coupling, you'd think INTPs would be attracted to dominant Te users, such as ENTJ/ESTJ, but i have never seen it to be the case. it seems apposing orientations on perception functions tend to complete, while apposing orientations on judgmental functions tend to compete.
    ENTJs make good managers. I can respect that, but they look at you like, "What are you useful for?" They don't care too much about all the useless stuff you wanna think about as an INTP.

Society

Quote Originally Posted by FFF View Post
    ENTJs make good managers. I can respect that, but they look at you like, "What are you useful for?" They don't care too much about all the useless stuff you wanna think about as an INTP.
    see the whole basis for the MBTI mythical-couples such as INTJs and ENFPs or ENTPs and INFJs and that sort of crap is the idea that we are attracted to people of the apposing dominant-function orientation, which is why those couples go for the Ni/Ne junk.

but it seems to me that out of those mythical pairings, its just the ones that are based on perceiving functions that actually seem to show up a lot (to the point of being ridicule worthy as stereotypes and bad dating advice), while the pairings based on apposing, judgmental functions seem to be so theoretical you never actually see them, and instead you get those types with dominant judgement functions to more often have apposing-orientations in their secondary perceiving functions (a.k.a. still keeping with the Ni/Ne and Si/Se theme)...

FYI - the idea that NF women are more nurturing... i don't know man. i've seen NTs who are quite giving, and my anecdotal exp with NF is more along the lines of "is more likely to form an idealized giving and nurturing self image of herself and sell you on it under delusional honesty while in practice being a self centered black hole of take take take pulling everything good with the immense power of blind stubbornness", and while i am hopeful that i was just exceptionally unlucky to be with a seriously unhealthy example, it does punch holes in the generalization for me.

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    4w5 sx/sp

FYI - the idea that NF women are more nurturing... i don't know man. i've seen NTs who are quite giving, and my anecdotal exp with NF is more along the lines of "is more likely to form an idealized giving and nurturing self image of herself and sell you on it under delusional honesty while in practice being a self centered black hole of take take take pulling everything good with the immense power of blind stubbornness", and while i am hopeful that i was just exceptionally unlucky to be with a seriously unhealthy example, it does punch holes in the generalization for me.
    I don't really know if I would describe myself as particularly nurturing... I don't know. Fi doesn't seem intrinsically nurturing to me. Perhaps it depends on the definition. In any case, I don't think I fit the societal view of how a woman should be nurturing. But I certainly don't idealize myself, so that's something.

I'm not sure why I'm even posting this. There are so many varying connotations to the term nurturing, does anyone even hold the same conception in their head? I doubt something so vague can be generalized as one type being more so than others. One person's nurturing might be another person's cloying might be another person's something that I can't think of... now I'm rambling and it's not the point of the thread anyway.

As far as NTs, my INTP is nurturing to a degree that would probably surprise many people. Sometimes I feel he's better than me at it... It's a very private side that's incredibly endearing.
    “Can a man of perception respect himself at all?”
    ― Fyodor Dostoyevsky

MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    6w7

Probably a shared interest in theoretical ideas.

MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram

HAHAHAHA I could take that word for word to describe my last relationship witch was with a INFP girl (she typed as INTP but I think it was incorrect), leaving me drained afterwards giving all i got to build her up to a level where she felt like "you are not useful anymore, i dont need a shoulder to cry on", atleast that my analysis of it all.

However it wasent her fault. I think the words you wrote sounds harsh and judgemental (but sometimes its simply the truth of how things is not putting any blame on anyone).

OnT: I love NF types, I have loads of NT friends and i love spending time with them but i could never see myself with an NT as a pair, possibly an INTJ. I have NF friends aswell that i like alot, somehow they always seem really interested and well theres something there that makes me relaxed and a lot of the time feeling like they are there for you, with NTs its usually turns into a competition.

MBTI
    intp
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx

Quote Originally Posted by Myrtle View Post
    with NTs its usually turns into a competition.
    i compete better than you
    "Where wisdom reigns, there is no conflict between thinking and feeling."
    — C.G. Jung

Read

MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram

Quote Originally Posted by INTP View Post
    i compete better than you
    Im sure you do, at meticulously plotting out every step of the way ruining the fun of spontanously generating ideas. You can be useful sometimes as a spring board for ideas to help with your Ti we can say you win at that...

MBTI
    intp
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx

Quote Originally Posted by Myrtle View Post
    Im sure you do, at meticulously plotting out every step of the way ruining the fun of spontanously generating ideas. You can be useful sometimes as a spring board for ideas to help with your Ti we can say you win at that...
    but what the competition is really about is spontaneously generating ideas how to win other NTs. btw its not Ti thats a spring board for ideas, its the Ne ideas which work as a spring board for Ti analysis
    "Where wisdom reigns, there is no conflict between thinking and feeling."
    — C.G. Jung

Read

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 so/sx
    Socionics
    EII Ne

The problem with that idea is that any N type is going to be more about theoretics and less about application. So we might be very nurturing in terms of our values, and in terms of how we want to help, but that's not always going to translate into reality - like you said, idealized giving and self image. All that stuff gets really caught up in our heads. We're better at thinking about this stuff than actually enacting it, especially NFPs. NFJs have a little more external ambition, but the downside of Ni, as always, is it can create a very narrow idealized path. ENFJ probably comes closest to being truly nurturing, secondly INFP, being a dominant Feeler. ENFPs and INFJs, you must remember, are dominant iNtuitors - we are thinkers before nurturers. I believe the same is true of NTs and logic - you are better at conceptualizing it than actually enacting it, though ENTJ comes close.