User Tag List

First 45678 Last

MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    3w4 sx/so

Quote Originally Posted by fia View Post
    It bothers me how distorted and subjective the human mind is, and I wish there was a way to get beyond those limitations.

You're on the right track with being around an NT. I don't know your NT (at least I don't think I do) but they generally become sharper with age. Rational objectivity is a learned skill. Although I would agree that bias is innate to all people, still objectivity can be learned to a great level of reassurance and attainment.
    "..And the eight and final rule: If this is your first time at Fight Club, you have to fight."
    'Men are meant to be with women. The rest is perversion and mental illness.'

MBTI
    isfp
    Enneagram
    4w5 sp/sx

Quote Originally Posted by Avatar7 View Post
    You're on the right track with being around an NT. I don't know your NT (at least I don't think I do) but they generally become sharper with age. Rational objectivity is a learned skill. Although I would agree that bias is innate to all people, still objectivity can be learned to a great level of reassurance and attainment.
    I managed to find a powerhouse for rationality and clarity to spend my life with. I think my IQ has probably gone up a few points having lived with him four years now. We read and we listen to recorded books while driving about sociology, complex adaptive systems, political history and philosophy, social networks, Buddhist writings, psychology, biographies of great scientists, etc. We were recently listening to "Thinking Fast and Slow" by Kahneman which explores the mind's limitations in statistical thinking. That has really triggered my desire to recalibrate my mind to better comprehend reality - at least to whatever extent that is possible. I appreciated a compliment he gave describing me as rigorous about being internally coherent, and I do work and make personal sacrifices towards that end.

He was on these forums years ago and some people remember him (HilbertSpace).
    Step into my metaphysical room of mirrors.
    Fear of reality creates myopic morality
    So I guess it means there is trouble until the robins come
    (from Blue Velvet)

I want to be just like my mother, even if she is bat-shit crazy.

MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    3w4 sx/so

Quote Originally Posted by fia View Post
    I managed to find a powerhouse for rationality and clarity to spend my life with. I think my IQ has probably gone up a few points having lived with him four years now. We read and we listen to recorded books while driving about sociology, complex adaptive systems, political history and philosophy, social networks, Buddhist writings, psychology, biographies of great scientists, etc. We were recently listening to "Thinking Fast and Slow" by Kahneman which explores the mind's limitations in statistical thinking. That has really triggered my desire to recalibrate my mind to better comprehend reality - at least to whatever extent that is possible. I appreciated a compliment he gave describing me as rigorous about being internally coherent, and I do work and make personal sacrifices towards that end.

He was on these forums years ago and some people remember him (HilbertSpace).
    Hmm I haven't had the pleasure. He surely is a wonderful and great guy to be around for you.
    "..And the eight and final rule: If this is your first time at Fight Club, you have to fight."
    'Men are meant to be with women. The rest is perversion and mental illness.'

Anew Leaf

Quote Originally Posted by FFF View Post
    I was thinking about how much I like NF's, especially ENFJ and INFJ types (ones with Fe), because I really like a girl who is empathetic and nurturing. I guess I never really thought much about how others might not be interested in that at all. I also realized that I have no idea why someone would be romantically interested in an NT, with the exception of girls liking ENTJ's.

I guess if I got more generalized, I'd ask why anybody would be interested in NT's romantically. If I got more specific, I would ask why an NF would choose an INTP partner over other types. If I got really specific, I would ask about INFJ's liking INTP's over other types. I mean I just can't imagine someone going around thinking they would really like to be with an INTP rather than some other type, except maybe if they were an NTP type themselves.

I'd break it down like this:

ENTJ - some people would like their leadership, their focus, their competence, and possibly even their money

INTJ - some people would like their intelligence, their wit, and they're good at many things.

ENTP - they can be funny and good sources of information to analyze, but it's INTP's who really like analyzing info all day.

INTP - they can be really unusual and funny, and they are very low maintenance and are often okay staring at the ceiling or the wall for hours depending on which comfortable position they happen to be in, although, they'd rather be reading a book, playing a video game, watching a video, or surfing the web. A lack of hygiene and/or grooming and a lack of social interactions, or at least comfortable, high quality social interactions, can help ensure that your INTP will be yours exclusively.

All of that stuff sounds so cold and unappealing to me, and I can't understand why somebody would want to be in a relationship for any of that without it being based in fear or compromise.
    @Bold. I find that INTPs and their low maintenance can be rather deceptive. I had an INTP friend who would tell me that I could contact him whenever I wished to so long as I understand that it may take him a bit to get back to me. So I would contact him when I felt the desire to communicate some irresistable amazing idea, and I would happily wait for his response. Instead I would get some cold email telling me that I am pressuring him with too much contact (an email and a text message over the course of a week) and to leave him alone.

I am happy giving introverts their space because that's what they need, but I dislike a disconnect between what is said and what is actually done. If what is preferred is that I leave them alone until they contact me, that's fine, but just state it already.

If I can find an INTP who does what he says and says what he does, I will die a very happy person.

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    7w6 sx

NTs have a similar way of thinking and seeing the world but they're more likely to be more realistic. Sometimes the fantasy world of the NF can take them so far away they need an NT to balance that out without ripping it away from them. That's what I like about NTs.

MBTI
    intp
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx

Quote Originally Posted by Saturned View Post
    If I can find an INTP who does what he says and says what he does, I will die a very happy person.
    Sure you would like a boyfriend who is mute?

Anyways that guy has some problems obviously.

Personally i have been trained to keep my words, thats why i prefer not to promise things unless im 100% sure i can make it happen or prefer to promise try to make x happen.

I think that the low maintaince thing is more about INTPs being quite modest in their needs(except maybe with amount of sex).
    "Where wisdom reigns, there is no conflict between thinking and feeling."
    — C.G. Jung

Read

Anew Leaf

Quote Originally Posted by INTP View Post
    Sure you would like a boyfriend who is mute?

Anyways that guy has some problems obviously.

Personally i have been trained to keep my words, thats why i prefer not to promise things unless im 100% sure i can make it happen or prefer to promise try to make x happen.

I think that the low maintaince thing is more about INTPs being quite modest in their needs(except maybe with amount of sex).
    Good point, . I do find introverts attractive though. It's a coup getting one to chat and laugh and open up with me.

And I can see your last point about that. Although males of any type are usually not so modest on that.

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram

Quote Originally Posted by Saturned View Post
    @Bold. I find that INTPs and their low maintenance can be rather deceptive. I had an INTP friend who would tell me that I could contact him whenever I wished to so long as I understand that it may take him a bit to get back to me. So I would contact him when I felt the desire to communicate some irresistable amazing idea, and I would happily wait for his response. Instead I would get some cold email telling me that I am pressuring him with too much contact (an email and a text message over the course of a week) and to leave him alone.

I am happy giving introverts their space because that's what they need, but I dislike a disconnect between what is said and what is actually done. If what is preferred is that I leave them alone until they contact me, that's fine, but just state it already.

I wouldn't respond like that with someone I actually like. Maybe someone I don't like. If you were calling me everyday and yapping your head off, I would probably want you to leave me alone for awhile. Actually, sometimes I even close AIM to avoid an ENTP friend online cause he types too damn much for me to be doing anything else while talking to him. I'll go look at a web page a bit and have 8-10 lines to catch up on.

Sometimes INTP's and I imagine all NP's can be so complex and random that anybody would have a hard time defining what they do and what they like. It's like trying to define the music I like. I always end up breaking my own rules.

MBTI
    entp
    Enneagram

Quote Originally Posted by FFF View Post
    Sometimes INTP's and I imagine all NP's can be so complex and random that anybody would have a hard time defining what they do and what they like. It's like trying to define the music I like. I always end up breaking my own rules.
    Ouh yes ! Who needs NFs anyways !

[YOUTUBE="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3R-z2VsPeG4&feature=related"].[/YOUTUBE]
    [URL]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tEBvftJUwDw&t=0s[/URL]

MBTI
    infp
    Enneagram
    6w5

I'm not sure how we make our romantic 'choices', if you can term it that way.
    The other day, I was wondering, how come I'm with this tough INTJ guy who is incredibly buttoned up, not too romantic, and sometimes has a hard time relating to how I feel? Recently, I've been fantasizing about being with the 'sensitive guy'.

For some reason, I've wound up being friends with NT people, and feeling more comfortable with them, than F people. I think this is because my F is really internalized. I moan and groan on occasion, but only a lucky few get to hear my scathing thoughts