User Tag List

First 34567 Last

Society

Quote Originally Posted by SilkRoad View Post
    I'd probably prefer to be with a T partner, but not necessarily a super-strong T...just someone more logical/practical and less emotional than me...
    have you being in one or is this theoretical? either way: how do you think you would deal with Aux:Fe/Ti vs. Ter:Ti/Fe?

it seems subtle i know, but you might be surprised at how meaningful of a difference it can be: the ENTP (who we will pretend isn't me) will be cut-throat deducting and seeking after the objective truth when the INFJ (who we will pretend isn't my ex-wife) are looking at the subjective, and vise versa. if he tries to relate to hard to your Fe and jumps Ti, we get an Ne-Fe loop and narcissistic tendencies show up, Fe used negatively may use its awareness of the cultural standards of others to intentionally offend or upset them, in order to service Ne's curiosity about the patterns in their responses, and if you try to relate to hard to his Ti and jump Fe, we get an Ni-Ti loop and Schizoid symptoms show up, pulling you into your own abstract world, constantly second-guessing yourself as Ti poses a framework for a problem and Ni shoots it down as too definitionally precise.

such a small difference - merely a matter of timing really - but things can go really crazy... there has to be a way to avoid this, but i have not figured out how yet.

Let me count the ways Betty Blue's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    7W6 sp/sx
    Socionics
    IEE

Quote Originally Posted by FFF View Post
    INTP - they can be really unusual and funny, and they are very low maintenance and are often okay staring at the ceiling or the wall for hours depending on which comfortable position they happen to be in, although, they'd rather be reading a book, playing a video game, watching a video, or surfing the web. A lack of hygiene and/or grooming and a lack of social interactions, or at least comfortable, high quality social interactions, can help ensure that your INTP will be yours exclusively.

All of that stuff sounds so cold and unappealing to me, and I can't understand why somebody would want to be in a relationship for any of that without it being based in fear or compromise.

at the bolded, made me smile, haha.
    "We knew he was someone who had a tragic flaw, that's where his greatness came from"

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram

Quote Originally Posted by HelenOfTroy View Post
    at the bolded, made me smile, haha.
    I think really that has to do with really strong introversion. I can think about stuff for hours without any input before I get anxious and bored, and in such a state I might appear to be staring at the wall or ceiling to somebody who isn't introverted.

MBTI
    intp
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx

Quote Originally Posted by Qlip View Post
    The idea bothers me that you need to get into relationship with somebody because it would fix you in some way. Like and F needs a T to anchor them. No doubt, it would be a nice aside, but shouldn't we all just get our shit together?
    Agreed, i think its much better idea to develope your weak sides, instead of finding someone to compliment your weaknesses or fix those things in you, you need to learn how to do it yourself. Now this kinda changes after you have already developed those sides in you to some degree that are tye strenghts of others, i think then there will be a good balance. Ying yang baby, each side has to have some of the other.
    "Where wisdom reigns, there is no conflict between thinking and feeling."
    — C.G. Jung

Read

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sx/so
    Socionics
    IEI

I think really that has to do with really strong introversion. I can think about stuff for hours without any input before I get anxious and bored, and in such a state I might appear to be staring at the wall or ceiling to somebody who isn't introverted.
    There are times one would like to talk to the person staring at the wall, but fearing interrupting them.
    Dreams are best served manifest and tangible.

INFP, 6w7, IEI

I accept no responsibility, what so ever, for the fact that I exist; I do, however, accept full responsibility for what I do while I exist.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Let me count the ways Betty Blue's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    7W6 sp/sx
    Socionics
    IEE

Yah i got it, it was cute.
    "We knew he was someone who had a tragic flaw, that's where his greatness came from"

MBTI
    INFJ

Quote Originally Posted by EcK View Post
    Yeah sure. and full body suits for remote sex. followed by direct connection to the central nervous system.
    That reminds me of a scene in Demolition Man.

MBTI
    entp
    Enneagram

Regarding infps I basically like everything about them. They need a firey temperament tho or a volatile nature combined with a huge portion of intellect and the ability to grow and reflect themselves. Too much Stubborness would be a deal breaker. I can dream with my infp all day long, she says about me that she has at the same time the feeling that I am letting her fullspace to be herself while giving her the feeling that I love her and wont ever let her down. Guess those are two difficult items to combine and I guess I am just lucky they are working.

enfjs I like as well, like their ways and their sense of style and grace. I only fear they'ld break my heart; I think I couldnt ever trust an enfj.

With infjs I only attract males, whats not bad as well .

And enfps and me regulary end up arguing heavily whats sad but a fact.

I too think the relationship NT and NF is overidealized. The thing is idealism, which refers to NFs, tends to be directed towards people and not facts. That, in essence, is the most hurtful thing for NTs.
    [URL]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tEBvftJUwDw&t=0s[/URL]

MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    3w4 sx/so

Quote Originally Posted by entropie View Post
    enfjs I like as well, like their ways and their sense of style and grace. I only fear they'ld break my heart; I think I couldnt ever trust an enfj.
    I wonder now what the differences are in your interactions with ENFJs. My experience is consistent with them and it's like I'm a magnet they move towards and open up. It's the most paradoxical thing I've ever experienced with the opposite sex. Interestingly, looks don't seem to matter. I mean drop-dead hot women included. Not that I'm game with external beauty alone..

With infjs I only attract males, whats not bad as well .
    Were they wearing dark eyeliner makeup too, like the female INFJs?

And enfps and me regulary end up arguing heavily whats sad but a fact.
    This has been precisely my experience with ENFPs too.

I too think the relationship NT and NF is overidealized. The thing is idealism, which refers to NFs, tends to be directed towards people and not facts. That, in essence, is the most hurtful thing for NTs.
    Does this mean most hurtful because it's harder to relate to the default empathy so common to NFs? And this feels like a contest with the NT in the analysis getting judged inadequate for the NF?
    "..And the eight and final rule: If this is your first time at Fight Club, you have to fight."
    'Men are meant to be with women. The rest is perversion and mental illness.'

MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    3w4 sx/so

Quote Originally Posted by EcK View Post
    Well sure. But then fair is fair. the feeler'd better be good at the T stuff. Or... (it'll suck for everybody)
    Yes you are right on! Thanks.
    "..And the eight and final rule: If this is your first time at Fight Club, you have to fight."
    'Men are meant to be with women. The rest is perversion and mental illness.'