User Tag List

First 23456 Last

MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    Socionics
    ILE None

Quote Originally Posted by Saturned View Post
    Or people will just stay in their homes because there is no need to leave the home in order to communicate/date/exchange information/etc.
    Yeah sure. and full body suits for remote sex. followed by direct connection to the central nervous system. but then it would make some people paraplegic, and they d make you sign things so you cant sue them before the surgery or however else they d set that up.
    Then maybe it ll be nanotech based and just grow in you or implanted at birth and internalised to the point it becomes a de facto human right or at least all but in name.
    And then we'll roam the stars, like majestically slow swans. Or rather like ants, with a first ant making the road and all the other following when it found food.
    but i digress. But our epic will talk of swans, and have its heroes. And old Earth will be revered, or forgotten. Perhaps both.

or we can stay here. Stay small. stay local. And let the next tool making intelligent species wonder "where is everybody?"
    Expression of the post modern paradox : "For the love of god, religions are so full of shit"

Theory is always superseded by Fact...
    ... In theory.

“I’d hate to die twice. It’s so boring.”
    Richard Feynman's last recorded words

"Great is the human who has not lost his childlike heart."
    Mencius (Meng-Tse), 4th century BCE

Anew Leaf

Quote Originally Posted by EcK View Post
    Yeah sure. and full body suits for remote sex. followed by direct connection to the central nervous system. but then it would make some people paraplegic, and they d make you sign things so you cant sue them before the surgery or however else they d set that up.
    Then maybe it ll be nanotech based and just grow in you or implanted at birth and internalised to the point it becomes a de facto human right or at least all but in name.
    And then we'll roam the stars, like majestically slow swans. Or rather like ants, with a first ant making the road and all the other following when it found food.
    but i digress. But our epic will talk of swans, and have its heroes. And old Earth will be revered, or forgotten. Perhaps both.

or we can stay here. Stay small. stay local. And let the next tool making intelligent species wonder "where is everybody?"
    Now I have a hankering for watching Firefly.

So your vision of humanity made me think of this:

MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    Socionics
    ILE None

@Saturned : That's one of many stories.

Expression of the post modern paradox : "For the love of god, religions are so full of shit"

... In theory.

Anew Leaf

@EcK

P.S. to relate to the Original Topic going on here. I think if an NF can deal with the derailment of the universe in the form of epic win (aka ENTP) then by all means they should saddle that pony up and fly.)

MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    Socionics
    ILE None

Quote Originally Posted by Saturned View Post
    @EcK

P.S. to relate to the Original Topic going on here. I think if an NF can deal with the derailment of the universe in the form of epic win (aka ENTP) then by all means they should saddle that pony up and fly.)
    That looks like a heart I don't like hearts!

... In theory.

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram

Quote Originally Posted by Qlip View Post
    The idea bothers me that you need to get into relationship with somebody because it would fix you in some way. Like and F needs a T to anchor them. No doubt, it would be a nice aside, but shouldn't we all just get our shit together?
    Quote Originally Posted by ceecee View Post
    You would think so. It's much easier to say - they "compliment" me but really they're just cleaning up the messes and making sure the bills get paid.
    I don't really think of it as fixing me. I'm not looking for anyone to make any long-term changes to me. I can pay bills just fine on my own. I leave the bill on my computer desk and fill it out within the next few days sometime.

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    4w5

Quote Originally Posted by Saslou View Post
    With those who are extremely introverted though i struggle to maintain the flow of communication so i don't have much dealings with Ixxx.
    Hum... In my case, I've found that extroverted people are seldom interested in having such kind of discussions. I've had the bests talks of this kind mostly with introverts. But, yeah, I've had sometimes some difficulty maintaining conversations with people who were too shy. I'm not the most talkative kind of person either. :P Still, a conversation with an interested introvert can last for hours! Wonderful hours. Even almost yelling in a very noisy train. xD

garbage

Quote Originally Posted by Qlip View Post
    The idea bothers me that you need to get into relationship with somebody because it would fix you in some way. Like and F needs a T to anchor them. No doubt, it would be a nice aside, but shouldn't we all just get our shit together?
    Quote Originally Posted by ceecee View Post
    You would think so. It's much easier to say - they "compliment" me but really they're just cleaning up the messes and making sure the bills get paid.
    Quote Originally Posted by EcK View Post
    Well sure. But then fair is fair. the feeler'd better be good at the T stuff. Or... (it'll suck for everybody)
    God, yes. The idea that I'm an incapable baby without my dual type around does not seem to me to be the way to approach relationships.

Once we've individually gotten our shit together, we can bring any of a number of things to the table that another party might value. Give me someone who's able to think rationally and empathically when the situation calls for it, thanks.

MBTI
    ESFJ

Quote Originally Posted by Elfa View Post
    Hum... In my case, I've found that extroverted people are seldom interested in having such kind of discussions. I've had the bests talks of this kind mostly with introverts. But, yeah, I've had sometimes some difficulty maintaining conversations with people who were too shy. I'm not the most talkative kind of person either. :P Still, a conversation with an interested introvert can last for hours! Wonderful hours. Even almost yelling in a very noisy train. xD
    Well like i said earlier i think it depends more on one's values than communication style. I can't discuss psychology or anything of a philosophical nature with my mother even though she is incredibly extroverted as her values don't meet my values for discussion and insight via investigating possibilities. And that's OK. Maybe i need to find myself an interesting introvert
    “I made you take time to look at what I saw and when you took time to really notice my flower, you hung all your associations with flowers on my flower and you write about my flower as if I think and see what you think and see—and I don't.”
    ― Georgia O'Keeffe

MBTI
    isfp
    Enneagram
    4w5 sp/sx

I suppose I am an NF with an NT partner, although I think we have more in common than in contrast. We both care a great deal about coherency and accuracy of thought and about being compassionate and conscious of others. I have always been attracted to people who think rationally and clearly because it is important to me for my own mind. I've had non-rational influences and have worked to get past them and would ideally like to have a level of clarity that is probably not possible for any human being. It bothers me how distorted and subjective the human mind is, and I wish there was a way to get beyond those limitations.
    Step into my metaphysical room of mirrors.
    Fear of reality creates myopic morality
    So I guess it means there is trouble until the robins come
    (from Blue Velvet)