User Tag List

First 12345 Last

Results 21 to 30 of 90

  1. #21
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Posts
    868

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by FFF View Post
    INTP - they can be really unusual and funny, and they are very low maintenance and are often okay staring at the ceiling or the wall for hours depending on which comfortable position they happen to be in, although, they'd rather be reading a book, playing a video game, watching a video, or surfing the web. A lack of hygiene and/or grooming and a lack of social interactions, or at least comfortable, high quality social interactions, can help ensure that your INTP will be yours exclusively.
    I laughed out loud when I read this. I am married to an ESTJ, and his cousin is an INTP, and he is my best friend after my husband. I think INTPs are fabulous. I’ve seen plenty of the softer side of them. I’ve also personally benefited from their superbly rational mind, and find it highly exciting and dynamic. The girl he is now dating is an ENFJ, and they work really well, although the relationship might not ultimately work out due to logistics. I think if he had chosen an NFJ without this particular set of circumstances, he would be married right now. I have no trouble seeing NFs and NTs as a great match, especially an NFJ and an NTP.
    Last edited by Mia.; 02-29-2012 at 11:59 PM.

  2. #22
    my floof is luxury Wind Up Rex's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    MBTI
    ENTJ
    Enneagram
    853 sx/sp
    Posts
    4,983

    Default

    We use antlers in all of our decorating.

    What's not to love?
    And so long as you haven’t experienced this: to die and so to grow,
    you are only a troubled guest on the dark earth

  3. #23
    Anew Leaf
    Guest

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Wind-Up Rex View Post
    We use antlers in all of our decorating.

    What's not to love?
    Agreed.

    ENTPs are the best. Everyone deserves the best. Ergo everyone deserves an ENTP in their life!

    /Thread


  4. #24
    A window to the soul
    Guest

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Saturned View Post
    Agreed.

    ENTPs are the best. Everyone deserves the best. Ergo everyone deserves an ENTP in their life!

    /Thread

    Seconded. /Thread

  5. #25
    Senior Member Winds of Thor's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    3w4 sx/so
    Posts
    1,859

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by BlackCat View Post
    Almost every NF I've seen that's gotten with an NT has idealized the shit out of them, but then they came to resent their true, rational side after a while. When their "true colors" show, when they are thrown into difficult situations.

    I think that the shared intuition with a different judging function makes for more confusion than anything. They will bond over the intuition, but then they will get put off by the thinking side.

    A lot of the stable relationships that I see are usually between NFs and STs/SFs and NTs. I personally am not really attracted to STs... I could see an ST chick being a cool friends with benefits but I'm not sure about anything else more serious (but who knows). NFs... lol. And NTs are just pretty awesome if you find the right one IMO, but some of them definitely seem to need some help in the relationship aspect of life lol.
    BlackCat's the shiiizniiz

    Yea. The NT has to really develop their Feeling.
    "..And the eight and final rule: If this is your first time at Fight Club, you have to fight."
    'Men are meant to be with women. The rest is perversion and mental illness.'

  6. #26
    The Memes Justify the End EcK's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    738
    Socionics
    ILE None
    Posts
    7,264

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Avatar7 View Post
    BlackCat's the shiiizniiz

    Yea. The NT has to really develop their Feeling.
    Well sure. But then fair is fair. the feeler'd better be good at the T stuff. Or... (it'll suck for everybody)
    Expression of the post modern paradox : "For the love of god, religions are so full of shit"

    Theory is always superseded by Fact...
    ... In theory.

    “I’d hate to die twice. It’s so boring.”
    Richard Feynman's last recorded words

    "Great is the human who has not lost his childlike heart."
    Mencius (Meng-Tse), 4th century BCE

  7. #27
    Anew Leaf
    Guest

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by EcK View Post
    Well sure. But then fair is fair. the feeler'd better be good at the T stuff. Or... (it'll suck for everybody)
    They should swap personalities like Freaky Friday MBTI style. That will help to teach them to appreciate their differences and create world peace.

    /End Fe.

    Or each should learn how to suck it up, buttercup.

  8. #28
    The Memes Justify the End EcK's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    738
    Socionics
    ILE None
    Posts
    7,264

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Saturned View Post
    They should swap personalities like Freaky Friday MBTI style. That will help to teach them to appreciate their differences and create world peace.

    /End Fe.

    Or each should learn how to suck it up, buttercup.
    I dont think relationships based on sucking it up are very healthy in this day and age. I believe there is enough connectivity in this world to find interesting people out there and that strong personal compatibility is something that has never been as hassle free. Traveling, moving, changing jobs etc. Most of the challenges are in the mind. But now that's the thing, the mind can be surprisingly imprinted by past experiences and a certain need for safety and familiar grounds in the species.

    I wonder what it ll be like with the next generation. The kids being born now. But then again maybe the energy crisis will come and we ll have a wierd schyzophrenic society where communication is everywhere and everything but the cost of transporting people and material becomes too high, where globalization will go through cloud computing solution and offices spread around the world more than ever communicating through conference calls and other it solutions.
    Expression of the post modern paradox : "For the love of god, religions are so full of shit"

    Theory is always superseded by Fact...
    ... In theory.

    “I’d hate to die twice. It’s so boring.”
    Richard Feynman's last recorded words

    "Great is the human who has not lost his childlike heart."
    Mencius (Meng-Tse), 4th century BCE

  9. #29
    にゃん runvardh's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sx/so
    Socionics
    IEI
    Posts
    8,559

    Default

    I'd date an NT, in general, for the higher likelihood of their understanding my hobbies and interests, if not participating in a certain percentage of them.

    I'd date an INTP for the low maintenance factor, the long discussions on various subjects, and more quiet time. I have friends, so I'm not dependent on having to hang out with the INTP all the time (though I find INTP women poke me as often as I poke them when we're both interested in eachother's company).

    Overall preference... Meh. I require a balance of time with her, time with friends, time on hobbies, and time with myself. I also need plenty of sex. These, along with acceptance of what I'm into and on the side of monogamy are the baseline for any prospective romantic relationship with me. She who measures up gets a closer look.
    Dreams are best served manifest and tangible.

    INFP, 6w7, IEI

    I accept no responsibility, what so ever, for the fact that I exist; I do, however, accept full responsibility for what I do while I exist.

    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

  10. #30
    Anew Leaf
    Guest

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by EcK View Post
    I dont think relationships based on sucking it up are very healthy in this day and age. I believe there is enough connectivity in this world to find interesting people out there and that strong personal compatibility is something that has never been as hassle free. Traveling, moving, changing jobs etc. Most of the challenges are in the mind. But now that's the thing, the mind can be surprisingly imprinted by past experiences and a certain need for safety and familiar grounds in the species.

    I wonder what it ll be like with the next generation. The kids being born now. But then again maybe the energy crisis will come and we ll have a wierd schyzophrenic society where communication is everywhere and everything but the cost of transporting people and material becomes too high, where globalization will go through cloud computing solution and offices spread around the world more than ever communicating through conference calls and other it solutions.
    Or people will just stay in their homes because there is no need to leave the home in order to communicate/date/exchange information/etc.

Similar Threads

  1. History Haters - What Statues Would You Rather See?
    By Mal12345 in forum Politics, History, and Current Events
    Replies: 57
    Last Post: 08-20-2017, 09:15 PM
  2. Replies: 4
    Last Post: 06-20-2015, 12:07 PM
  3. [NT] An NT as a forensic scientist...your thoughts?
    By Bnova in forum The NT Rationale (ENTP, INTP, ENTJ, INTJ)
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 04-03-2015, 10:55 AM
  4. What type/functions do you see in these "Dreamquest" songs?
    By Athenian200 in forum Myers-Briggs and Jungian Cognitive Functions
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 02-10-2013, 04:23 PM
  5. [NT] Would an NT ever admit (s)he's of average intelligence?
    By mrcockburn in forum The NT Rationale (ENTP, INTP, ENTJ, INTJ)
    Replies: 193
    Last Post: 10-05-2011, 09:02 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
Single Sign On provided by vBSSO