• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[MBTI General] What good would an NF see in an NT as a romantic partner?

Mia.

INTP - they can be really unusual and funny, and they are very low maintenance and are often okay staring at the ceiling or the wall for hours depending on which comfortable position they happen to be in, although, they'd rather be reading a book, playing a video game, watching a video, or surfing the web. A lack of hygiene and/or grooming and a lack of social interactions, or at least comfortable, high quality social interactions, can help ensure that your INTP will be yours exclusively.

I laughed out loud when I read this. I am married to an ESTJ, and his cousin is an INTP, and he is my best friend after my husband. I think INTPs are fabulous. I’ve seen plenty of the softer side of them. I’ve also personally benefited from their superbly rational mind, and find it highly exciting and dynamic. The girl he is now dating is an ENFJ, and they work really well, although the relationship might not ultimately work out due to logistics. I think if he had chosen an NFJ without this particular set of circumstances, he would be married right now. I have no trouble seeing NFs and NTs as a great match, especially an NFJ and an NTP.

Last edited:

violet_crown

MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
We use antlers in all of our decorating.

What's not to love?

Winds of Thor

MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
3w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Almost every NF I've seen that's gotten with an NT has idealized the shit out of them, but then they came to resent their true, rational side after a while. When their "true colors" show, when they are thrown into difficult situations.

I think that the shared intuition with a different judging function makes for more confusion than anything. They will bond over the intuition, but then they will get put off by the thinking side.

A lot of the stable relationships that I see are usually between NFs and STs/SFs and NTs. I personally am not really attracted to STs... I could see an ST chick being a cool friends with benefits but I'm not sure about anything else more serious (but who knows). NFs... lol. And NTs are just pretty awesome if you find the right one IMO, but some of them definitely seem to need some help in the relationship aspect of life lol.

BlackCat's the shiiizniiz :mellow:

Yea. The NT has to really develop their Feeling.

EcK

The Memes Justify the End
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
BlackCat's the shiiizniiz :mellow:

Yea. The NT has to really develop their Feeling.
Well sure. But then fair is fair. the feeler'd better be good at the T stuff. Or... (it'll suck for everybody)

A

Anew Leaf

Well sure. But then fair is fair. the feeler'd better be good at the T stuff. Or... (it'll suck for everybody)

They should swap personalities like Freaky Friday MBTI style. That will help to teach them to appreciate their differences and create world peace.

/End Fe.

Or each should learn how to suck it up, buttercup.

EcK

MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
They should swap personalities like Freaky Friday MBTI style. That will help to teach them to appreciate their differences and create world peace.

/End Fe.

Or each should learn how to suck it up, buttercup.
I dont think relationships based on sucking it up are very healthy in this day and age. I believe there is enough connectivity in this world to find interesting people out there and that strong personal compatibility is something that has never been as hassle free. Traveling, moving, changing jobs etc. Most of the challenges are in the mind. But now that's the thing, the mind can be surprisingly imprinted by past experiences and a certain need for safety and familiar grounds in the species.

I wonder what it ll be like with the next generation. The kids being born now. But then again maybe the energy crisis will come and we ll have a wierd schyzophrenic society where communication is everywhere and everything but the cost of transporting people and material becomes too high, where globalization will go through cloud computing solution and offices spread around the world more than ever communicating through conference calls and other it solutions.

runvardh

にゃん
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
I'd date an NT, in general, for the higher likelihood of their understanding my hobbies and interests, if not participating in a certain percentage of them.

I'd date an INTP for the low maintenance factor, the long discussions on various subjects, and more quiet time. I have friends, so I'm not dependent on having to hang out with the INTP all the time (though I find INTP women poke me as often as I poke them when we're both interested in eachother's company).

Overall preference... Meh. I require a balance of time with her, time with friends, time on hobbies, and time with myself. I also need plenty of sex. These, along with acceptance of what I'm into and on the side of monogamy are the baseline for any prospective romantic relationship with me. She who measures up gets a closer look.

A

Anew Leaf

I dont think relationships based on sucking it up are very healthy in this day and age. I believe there is enough connectivity in this world to find interesting people out there and that strong personal compatibility is something that has never been as hassle free. Traveling, moving, changing jobs etc. Most of the challenges are in the mind. But now that's the thing, the mind can be surprisingly imprinted by past experiences and a certain need for safety and familiar grounds in the species.

I wonder what it ll be like with the next generation. The kids being born now. But then again maybe the energy crisis will come and we ll have a wierd schyzophrenic society where communication is everywhere and everything but the cost of transporting people and material becomes too high, where globalization will go through cloud computing solution and offices spread around the world more than ever communicating through conference calls and other it solutions.

Or people will just stay in their homes because there is no need to leave the home in order to communicate/date/exchange information/etc.

EcK

MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
Or people will just stay in their homes because there is no need to leave the home in order to communicate/date/exchange information/etc.

Yeah sure. and full body suits for remote sex. followed by direct connection to the central nervous system. but then it would make some people paraplegic, and they d make you sign things so you cant sue them before the surgery or however else they d set that up.
Then maybe it ll be nanotech based and just grow in you or implanted at birth and internalised to the point it becomes a de facto human right or at least all but in name.
And then we'll roam the stars, like majestically slow swans. Or rather like ants, with a first ant making the road and all the other following when it found food.
but i digress. But our epic will talk of swans, and have its heroes. And old Earth will be revered, or forgotten. Perhaps both.

or we can stay here. Stay small. stay local. And let the next tool making intelligent species wonder "where is everybody?"

A

Anew Leaf

Yeah sure. and full body suits for remote sex. followed by direct connection to the central nervous system. but then it would make some people paraplegic, and they d make you sign things so you cant sue them before the surgery or however else they d set that up.
Then maybe it ll be nanotech based and just grow in you or implanted at birth and internalised to the point it becomes a de facto human right or at least all but in name.
And then we'll roam the stars, like majestically slow swans. Or rather like ants, with a first ant making the road and all the other following when it found food.
but i digress. But our epic will talk of swans, and have its heroes. And old Earth will be revered, or forgotten. Perhaps both.

or we can stay here. Stay small. stay local. And let the next tool making intelligent species wonder "where is everybody?"

Now I have a hankering for watching Firefly. :sadbanana:

So your vision of humanity made me think of this:

fire_ant_curved_raft_float_bridge.jpg

EcK

MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
[MENTION=13402]Saturned[/MENTION] : That's one of many stories.

tree1.jpg

A

Anew Leaf

[MENTION=5643]EcK[/MENTION]

398476805_e52b7d6829.jpg

P.S. to relate to the Original Topic going on here. I think if an NF can deal with the derailment of the universe in the form of epic win (aka ENTP) then by all means they should saddle that pony up and fly.)

EcK

MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
[MENTION=5643]EcK[/MENTION]

398476805_e52b7d6829.jpg

P.S. to relate to the Original Topic going on here. I think if an NF can deal with the derailment of the universe in the form of epic win (aka ENTP) then by all means they should saddle that pony up and fly.)
That looks like a heart :cry: I don't like hearts!

FFF

Fight For Freedom
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
The idea bothers me that you need to get into relationship with somebody because it would fix you in some way. Like and F needs a T to anchor them. No doubt, it would be a nice aside, but shouldn't we all just get our shit together?

You would think so. It's much easier to say - they "compliment" me but really they're just cleaning up the messes and making sure the bills get paid.

I don't really think of it as fixing me. I'm not looking for anyone to make any long-term changes to me. I can pay bills just fine on my own. I leave the bill on my computer desk and fill it out within the next few days sometime.

Elfa

Señora Member
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4w5
With those who are extremely introverted though i struggle to maintain the flow of communication so i don't have much dealings with Ixxx.

Hum... In my case, I've found that extroverted people are seldom interested in having such kind of discussions. I've had the bests talks of this kind mostly with introverts. But, yeah, I've had sometimes some difficulty maintaining conversations with people who were too shy. I'm not the most talkative kind of person either. :p Still, a conversation with an interested introvert can last for hours! Wonderful hours. Even almost yelling in a very noisy train. xD

G

garbage

The idea bothers me that you need to get into relationship with somebody because it would fix you in some way. Like and F needs a T to anchor them. No doubt, it would be a nice aside, but shouldn't we all just get our shit together?
You would think so. It's much easier to say - they "compliment" me but really they're just cleaning up the messes and making sure the bills get paid.
God, yes. The idea that I'm an incapable baby without my dual type around does not seem to me to be the way to approach relationships.

Once we've individually gotten our shit together, we can bring any of a number of things to the table that another party might value. Give me someone who's able to think rationally and empathically when the situation calls for it, thanks.

Saslou

MBTI Type
ESFJ
Hum... In my case, I've found that extroverted people are seldom interested in having such kind of discussions. I've had the bests talks of this kind mostly with introverts. But, yeah, I've had sometimes some difficulty maintaining conversations with people who were too shy. I'm not the most talkative kind of person either. :p Still, a conversation with an interested introvert can last for hours! Wonderful hours. Even almost yelling in a very noisy train. xD

Well like i said earlier i think it depends more on one's values than communication style. I can't discuss psychology or anything of a philosophical nature with my mother even though she is incredibly extroverted as her values don't meet my values for discussion and insight via investigating possibilities. And that's OK. Maybe i need to find myself an interesting introvert :)

Siúil a Rúin

when the colors fade
MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I suppose I am an NF with an NT partner, although I think we have more in common than in contrast. We both care a great deal about coherency and accuracy of thought and about being compassionate and conscious of others. I have always been attracted to people who think rationally and clearly because it is important to me for my own mind. I've had non-rational influences and have worked to get past them and would ideally like to have a level of clarity that is probably not possible for any human being. It bothers me how distorted and subjective the human mind is, and I wish there was a way to get beyond those limitations.