• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[NF] Do Women Try and Fatten Up Boyfriends?

Stanton Moore

morose bourgeoisie
MBTI Type
INFP
I was just reflecting...my last girlfriend fed me so much that I gained like 30 lbs.
She said once in front of others that she was 'fattening me up'.

What might be the reason for this?

I had about 10% body fat before I gained it and I was feeling great!

Now (we broke up) I'm about 10 lbs. from where I was two years ago.

What would possess a girl to want a heavy boyfriend? :unsure:

Who eat the food?

You eat the food.

FDG

pathwise dependent
MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
7w8
Admittedly, it wasn't a scientific conclusion. Also, being kinda fat, he is biased to say the least. But it made sense to me. Most men that have kids end up gaining a lot of weight...so it is possible to conclude that most wives don't offer much resistance to the possibility of their husbands getting fatter.

Evolutionary biology is often appealing, but it doesn't really mean it's true, because there's always an enormous number of factors at play; most of the time a simple application of the Occam's Razor can destroy its apparently good conclusions. Example: men who enter very long-term relationships tend to be older, their metabolism slows down and they're usually required to spend more hours working, thus are more likely to take up weight.

Saslou

MBTI Type
ESFJ
Could it not be down to old caveman/cavewoman wiring?

We/Some women fatten up their men because we only need berries and fruit to give us energy to raise the kids (because it's a piss easy job) whereas the bloke needs to go and fight the beasts in the wilderness thus needs the fucking huge portions of food.

Also i was reading somewhere recently that woman during the 50/60's were more shapely and this denoted they had wealth. Not sure how true that is. Maybe i fatten up men because he needs to bring home the bacon or maybe i just like to grab hold of something.

G

garbage

Half-baked (lol!!!) idea: it's (stereo)typically the woman's job to cook, and a fat husband somehow subconsciously signifies that she does a good job of cooking

Betty Blue

Let me count the ways
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
7W6
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
ummm...hmmm...pft...another stupid gender dividing thread.
My ex was a feeder, he used to buy me the 15% fat yoghurt and chocolates and insist i eat them infront of him.
It's a people thing people!
Going back in history if you were overweight you were not starving...hence a sign of wealth.
Theres a flip side to this fatten up men thing because in cultures where havings more than one wife denotes wealth so too does having bigger wives.
Also what about Jamaicans...they like their big ladies...not sure what thats down too.
(I don't have data on this haha, just anecdotal)
Ofc there is just the athestic preferences of an individual too.
Personally i don't care so much about fat or thin or anywhere in the middle, if there were health issues then that would bother me but otherwise *shrug*
Also what lady x said, i think it entirely possible to fatten someone up just by enjoying their enjoyment of food.... haha, they would have to be someone really into food though.
I'm not so much of a foodie myself.

Saslou

MBTI Type
ESFJ
Also what about Jamaicans...they like their big ladies...not sure what thats down too.
(I don't have data on this haha, just anecdotal)

My step father is half Jamaican half German and he loves my mothers voluptuous body. Maybe it's a booty thing, idk.

S

Society

well, not sure about girls since i normally cook, but whenever i noticed my ex-wife loosing weight i'd make it a point to increase the frying on what she loves... she was pretty slim as it is - i wasn't going to let her loose the curves she did had.

plus it usually meant she's depressed and making her comfort food she loves was a nice gesture...
but mainly it was for her butt.

Randomnity

insert random title here
MBTI Type
ISTP
Enneagram
6w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
It seems pretty degrading to consciously try to "fatten up" or "slim down" an SO, unless they explicitly (and unasked) express a desire for your help with this.

That said, it is nice to cook for other people, and it's tempting to make tasty, unhealthy food sometimes.

highlander

Administrator
Staff member
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
6w5
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I have thought about the whole premise of this. It seems like it might be logical but I doubt that it's true. Different cultures have valued different things at different times - as far as attractiveness and weight for women and men. So in the old days when it was attractive to be fat, does that mean that women who cooked tried to get their husbands to eat less?

Forever_Jung

MBTI Type
ESFJ
I'm not a woman, and I don't have a boyfriend, but I have to fight my urge to fatten whoever I am dating. I like chubbyish girls, but I know I have to let them control their own body size. I even encourage them to accompany me to the gym, to try and balance any sort of indirect manipulation I am unconsciously using to fatten them up.

Luckily for me, most girls will do my work for me once they feel safe in our relationship /evil

entropie

Permabanned
MBTI Type
entp
Enneagram
I'm not a woman, and I don't have a boyfriend, but I have to fight my urge to fatten whoever I am dating. I like chubbyish girls, but I know I have to let them control their own body size. I even encourage them to accompany me to the gym, to try and balance any sort of indirect manipulation I am unconsciously using to fatten them up.

Luckily for me, most girls will do my work for me once they feel safe in our relationship /evil

Was that sarcasm, I am never sure with infps on that :D

Forever_Jung

MBTI Type
ESFJ
Was that sarcasm, I am never sure with infps on that :D

I was being sincere. I think all sizes can be beautiful, as long as they are in the parameters of grotesque extremes, but I do prefer girls who are somewhere between curvy and chubby. So when I am in a relationship and I hear her fretting about being a size 6 instead of a size 4 I can't help but roll my eyes. Even so, I hate it when people trash skinny girls just because they're in vogue now. There seems to be this false dichotomy in North America/Britain that your choices are either this awesome picture of Marilyn Monroe, or some terrible angle shot of a bulimic model. Then there's some stupid caption: Skinny is sexy? PFFT! Marilyn Monroe was a size blah, blah, blah and look at her! The average woman is a size blah, blah, which is a "healthy" size. Let's ignore the fact that the average woman is anything but a normal weight these days and criticize skinny girls!

But I am getting off track.

If I had to guess as to why a girl would fatten a man up beyond personal preference, I would imagine part of what she said was a joke, and the rest was a matter of being in a secure relationship where she doesn't hold a few pounds against you, and you don't worry as much about your weight while you're with her. I don't really like evolutionary explanations, because it seems like you can twist them to explain away almost any behaviour. But I am sure evolutionary factors could have an effect.

entropie

Permabanned
MBTI Type
entp
Enneagram
I was being sincere. I think all sizes can be beautiful, as long as they are in the parameters of grotesque extremes, but I do prefer girls who are somewhere between curvy and chubby. So when I am in a relationship and I hear her fretting about being a size 6 instead of a size 4 I can't help but roll my eyes. Even so, I hate it when people trash skinny girls just because they're in vogue now. There seems to be this false dichotomy in North America/Britain that your choices are either this awesome picture of Marilyn Monroe, or some terrible angle shot of a bulimic model. Then there's some stupid caption: Skinny is sexy? PFFT! Marilyn Monroe was a size blah, blah, blah and look at her! The average woman is a size blah, blah, which is a "healthy" size. Let's ignore the fact that the average woman is anything but a normal weight these days and criticize skinny girls!

But I am getting off track.

If I had to guess as to why a girl would fatten a man up beyond personal preference, I would imagine part of what she said was a joke, and the rest was a matter of being in a secure relationship where she doesn't hold a few pounds against you, and you don't worry as much about your weight while you're with her. I don't really like evolutionary explanations, because it seems like you can twist them to explain away almost any behaviour. But I am sure evolutionary factors could have an effect.

Imho all of americans are obsessed with superficiality. To me this doesnt matter, if I love her she can be fat or not and I dont care what others say.

But before I run danger to be called an arrogant european, I rather shut my mouth :)

DisneyFanGirl

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
7w6
Instinctual Variant
sx
I can't cook so I wouldn't fatten someone up. Unless I wanted to take him out for ice cream a lot. I don't know, I like a slim build, not stick skinny but not big or muscular either. If anything, I'd want to exercise and lose weight with him. But that's just me, and goodness knows I'm not everyone.

All sizes are beautiful, by the way!! I have friends ranging from very skinny to plus size and I think they're all gorgeous!!

S

Society

Imho all of americans are obsessed with superficiality. To me this doesnt matter, if I love her she can be fat or not and I dont care what others say.

But before I run danger to be called an arrogant european, I rather shut my mouth :)

after you love her that's easy, but how likely are you to fall for her in the first place if you don't find her physically attractive? be honest.

entropie

Permabanned
MBTI Type
entp
Enneagram
after you love her that's easy, but how likely are you to fall for her in the first place if you don't find her physically attractive? be honest.

When I met my girl, I am together with now for 7 years, she had a couple of pounds more. Over the last year she has lost a lot and if you compare her with a 7 year older picture, you'ld see a clear difference to today. So the ops topic basically went vice versa for me.

You know I dont want to play morale apostle or so, but its exactly male thinking like that that drives woman into an obsession with superficial beauty and ruins them characterally for all of us. In my history of relationships I had both very skinny and not so very skinny girls and if you ask me who I liked more; it were genrally the not so skinny girls. Cause they had other talents besides looking cute as well.

But being in a relationship with a very obese girl would be a problem for me as well. The unhealthy way she is living her life would hurt me cause I would basically see her throwing away her health and for very obese people the problems already start around age 30 and get worse already around age 50.

So I dont want to give out a charter for woman to get fat. But I too have the opinion that looks dont matter. Its the eyes, the gestures, the gaze, the movement and the whole picture composed of the details that make a woman attractive for me. If ontop of that she is intelligent, thats jackpot.

i am maybe a bit more of a romanticist with that, but I am sure that my attitude, tho it sounds appealing, isnt the one necessarily liked by all girls and that there are still a lot of woman who give their whole life only meaning thru their looks.

i am a big fan of the Vanity effect in that regards, which stands for the transience of exterior beauty but for the eternity of inner beauty.

S

Society

When I met my girl....

screw the weight: did you find her physically attractive?

i don't care if its her figure, the fat in right places, the curves of her neck or the shape of her earlobe...
what people like is subjective, there's no moral high grounds to take there because its not an actual choice we make.

now focus: did you find something about her physically attractive?
have you ever fallen for someone you don't find physically attractive at all?

SilkRoad

Lay the coin on my tongue
MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
6w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx

Too late. You're an arrogant European! :tongue:

Spamtar

Ghost Monkey Soul
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w4
This thread reminds me of that time I dated a cannibal...

I’m not one to criticize. To eat their own