User Tag List

First 12345 Last

morose bourgeoisie
    MBTI
    INFP

Quote Originally Posted by Avatar7 View Post
    I was just reflecting...my last girlfriend fed me so much that I gained like 30 lbs.
    She said once in front of others that she was 'fattening me up'.

What might be the reason for this?

I had about 10% body fat before I gained it and I was feeling great!

Now (we broke up) I'm about 10 lbs. from where I was two years ago.

What would possess a girl to want a heavy boyfriend?
    Who eat the food?

You eat the food.

MBTI
    ENTJ
    Enneagram
    7w8
    Socionics
    ENTj

Quote Originally Posted by Rasofy View Post
    Admittedly, it wasn't a scientific conclusion. Also, being kinda fat, he is biased to say the least. But it made sense to me. Most men that have kids end up gaining a lot of weight...so it is possible to conclude that most wives don't offer much resistance to the possibility of their husbands getting fatter.
    Evolutionary biology is often appealing, but it doesn't really mean it's true, because there's always an enormous number of factors at play; most of the time a simple application of the Occam's Razor can destroy its apparently good conclusions. Example: men who enter very long-term relationships tend to be older, their metabolism slows down and they're usually required to spend more hours working, thus are more likely to take up weight.
    ENTj 7-3-8 sx/sp

MBTI
    ESFJ

Could it not be down to old caveman/cavewoman wiring?

We/Some women fatten up their men because we only need berries and fruit to give us energy to raise the kids (because it's a piss easy job) whereas the bloke needs to go and fight the beasts in the wilderness thus needs the fucking huge portions of food.

Also i was reading somewhere recently that woman during the 50/60's were more shapely and this denoted they had wealth. Not sure how true that is. Maybe i fatten up men because he needs to bring home the bacon or maybe i just like to grab hold of something.
    “I made you take time to look at what I saw and when you took time to really notice my flower, you hung all your associations with flowers on my flower and you write about my flower as if I think and see what you think and see—and I don't.”
    ― Georgia O'Keeffe

garbage

Half-baked (lol!!!) idea: it's (stereo)typically the woman's job to cook, and a fat husband somehow subconsciously signifies that she does a good job of cooking

Let me count the ways Betty Blue's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    7W6 sp/sx
    Socionics
    IEE

ummm...hmmm...pft...another stupid gender dividing thread.
    My ex was a feeder, he used to buy me the 15% fat yoghurt and chocolates and insist i eat them infront of him.
    It's a people thing people!
    Going back in history if you were overweight you were not starving...hence a sign of wealth.
    Theres a flip side to this fatten up men thing because in cultures where havings more than one wife denotes wealth so too does having bigger wives.
    Also what about Jamaicans...they like their big ladies...not sure what thats down too.
    (I don't have data on this haha, just anecdotal)
    Ofc there is just the athestic preferences of an individual too.
    Personally i don't care so much about fat or thin or anywhere in the middle, if there were health issues then that would bother me but otherwise *shrug*
    Also what lady x said, i think it entirely possible to fatten someone up just by enjoying their enjoyment of food.... haha, they would have to be someone really into food though.
    I'm not so much of a foodie myself.
    "We knew he was someone who had a tragic flaw, that's where his greatness came from"

MBTI
    ESFJ

Quote Originally Posted by HelenOfTroy View Post
    Also what about Jamaicans...they like their big ladies...not sure what thats down too.
    (I don't have data on this haha, just anecdotal)
    My step father is half Jamaican half German and he loves my mothers voluptuous body. Maybe it's a booty thing, idk.
    “I made you take time to look at what I saw and when you took time to really notice my flower, you hung all your associations with flowers on my flower and you write about my flower as if I think and see what you think and see—and I don't.”
    ― Georgia O'Keeffe

Society

well, not sure about girls since i normally cook, but whenever i noticed my ex-wife loosing weight i'd make it a point to increase the frying on what she loves... she was pretty slim as it is - i wasn't going to let her loose the curves she did had.

plus it usually meant she's depressed and making her comfort food she loves was a nice gesture...
    but mainly it was for her butt.

insert random title here Randomnity's Avatar
    MBTI
    ISTP
    Enneagram
    6w5 sp/sx

It seems pretty degrading to consciously try to "fatten up" or "slim down" an SO, unless they explicitly (and unasked) express a desire for your help with this.

That said, it is nice to cook for other people, and it's tempting to make tasty, unhealthy food sometimes.
    -end of thread-

Enneagram

Quote Originally Posted by BAJ View Post
    There is an expression..."The way to a man's heart is through the stomach."
    "...just make sure you thrust upward through his ribcage"

Stephen Colbert

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    6w5 sx/sp
    Socionics
    ILI Ni

I have thought about the whole premise of this. It seems like it might be logical but I doubt that it's true. Different cultures have valued different things at different times - as far as attractiveness and weight for women and men. So in the old days when it was attractive to be fat, does that mean that women who cooked tried to get their husbands to eat less?

Please provide feedback on my Nohari and Johari Window by clicking here: Nohari/Johari

Tri-type 639