• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[NF] Who's The Most Empathic NF On TC?

Rasofy

royal member
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
And, I will definitely throw myself out there as being low in the rankings of empathetic NF's!! :) :yes:
One of the smartest ones though. :cheers:

I have mixed opinions:
On one hand, I don't think it's too far fetched to recognize people you've only talked to online as empathic.
Otoh, I think this is supposed to be a fun thread. No one ever stated ''NFs are the most emphatic''.
I bet if the thread subject was ''Who's The Most Empathic SJ On TC?'' it would be a pretty smooth thread.

Also, to be honest, it's not a trait I admire much.

A

Anew Leaf

I would also like to vote for [MENTION=4398]Giggly[/MENTION] because she's a sweetie.

(I'm magnamonius like that and this is how you win "empathy" awards or trophies or whatever.)

William K

Uniqueorn
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4w5
Viewing this thread has me in two minds
One side says we shouldn't turn things into popularity contests
The other says don't be so uptight and just have some fun
Each has its merits

For what it's worth, I do agree that male NFs have more trouble showing their empathy
Often it will be considered a sign of weakness
Rarely will it be viewed positively

My final thoughts :
Each and every NF displays empathy in their own way so why rank them?

Winds of Thor

MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
3w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Viewing this thread has me in two minds
One side says we shouldn't turn things into popularity contests
The other says don't be so uptight and just have some fun
Each has its merits

For what it's worth, I do agree that male NFs have more trouble showing their empathy
Often it will be considered a sign of weakness
Rarely will it be viewed positively

My final thoughts :
Each and every NF displays empathy in their own way so why rank them?

Yeah, I'm not quite sure where ranking per se would be a very altruistic idea in any sense.

Elfa

Señora Member
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4w5
I vote in everyone. I'm so generous. :D

Lexicon

Temporal Mechanic
Staff member
MBTI Type
JINX
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I should probably know better than to use a word like 'fight' or 'argue' on the internet. I had simply intended to empathize with Avatar's response to Iwakar's comments. Or perhaps simply to explain it. It is a fault of character to need to respond to a percieved slight. Another to feel my rights were violated when admonished and to respond with intuition as to why they were.

(etc)

:doh:

Filtering information through your own subjective emotional lens can lead to unnecessary hurt feelings..

I was merely making a humorous remark.
That was one of many possible motivations for posting [a ridiculous, albeit applicable COMIC, mind you], as I did. Instead of examine that possibilty, you chose to draw your own conclusions without getting feedback. Your baseless conclusions allowed you to place yourself in a victim role, shifting the emotional responsibility toward others, who, as you chose to perceive, hurt and alienated you. But ey, you said it yourself, interpreting without sufficient feedback was a mistake.

As a result of that mistake, you triggered your own negative emotional response.
People often inadvertently isolate themselves, that way.

Being aware of your own ''faults'' - as you put it- (which I don't really think of as ''faults;'' they're simply universally ''human'' cognitive blind spots that none of us are exempt from experiencing) is beneficial. Self awareness generally is, unless you just stop there. It's important to take measures/find ways to apply that knowledge in circumstances such as these...

You PMed me earlier today about my intentions for posting; often I'll make a post and not check back for a day or so because of other life BS that requires my attention. Many people here don't log in daily, or spend a lot of time on. Waiting a bit for a response (c'mon--- at least like, a day? is that unreasonable? :thinking:), or perhaps getting some clear indication that I was, in fact, ignoring your PM altogether, might've been helpful.

We don't know eachother, so why assume by default that you're being attacked, when there are plenty of other possibilities to explore?

Perhaps you were somewhat emotionally on guard because you were in the midst of a debate- as debates can easily become emotionally charged for NFs- and that's why you were somewhat quick to assume a stranger must be attacking you, not simply making a joke to put this into perspective. Again, I don't know you, so I can't conclude why you settled on the conclusions you did, one way or the other. Hopefully none of this is coming off as chastising or condescending; I'm sharing my thoughts to try to understand/communicate/get on the same page.

Over the past several years or so, I sort of realized I'd save myself a lot of unnecessary hurt or anxiety in my interactions with people by trying not to just examine their motivations, but also taking a moment to examine my own expectations of others [like, for example, if our roles were reversed- why I may have expected a response sooner than a total stranger could offer, or why my default emotional response was to feel attacked/slighted.] in a given situation.

Sometimes my general emotional state at the time, or my own personal feelings associated with a topic, or just simply feeling confused, created a blind spot/bias in my perception and ultimately clouded my judgement. On many occasions, we can upset ourselves by overlooking all of this useful, accessible information.

Regardless of my own intentions, or your reasoning, it's always somewhat distressing to me if I'm a factor in a situation that has upset someone.. a silly picture doesn't seem worth ''taking a break'' from a forum you may have been enjoying before.

For the record, I derive no joy or amusement from creating tension or inflicting pain on others, but I don't expect you to know that, either. So to wrap up this unexpectedly lengthy post: I made a simple joke, without an ounce of hostility toward you in my mind. Hell, my own response could even be considered related to the 'someone's WRONG on the internet' comic! :)

I hope this clears things up a little.
Take care.

F

figsfiggyfigs

Seems so far that I am winning the Most Emphatic NF on Typo C, which doesn't say much about the NFs on the forum.

aww yeah, in your faces.

animenagai

MBTI Type
NeFi
Enneagram
4w3
A vote for saturned is a vote for /thread!!!!! Vote for me and end this madness!!!!

Do you even see yourself as an NF anymore? :huh:

PS. HA! I feel sorry for all you fuckers. Does that count as empathy?

Z Buck McFate

Pepperidge Farm remembers.
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Seems so far that I am winning the Most Emphatic NF on Typo C, which doesn't say much about the NFs on the forum.

aww yeah, in your faces.

from dictionary.com said:
em·phat·ic   [em-fat-ik]
adjective
1.uttered, or to be uttered, with emphasis; strongly expressive.

2.using emphasis in speech or action.

3.forceful; insistent: a big, emphatic man; I must be emphatic about this particular.

(Did you spell it that way on purpose? Because it would be kinda funny if you didn't. Also, it's possible you're losing to zarathrustra, who might be one "most emphatic" vote ahead of you.)

Nicodemus

Also: I will freely admit to often overanalyzing the hell out of inconsequential things in exactly the manner you describe.
fire.jpg

I Ne-Ti'd!

V

violaine

Super-empathic? Whoa!...That's such a sharp insight. Why, yes then. That comment stand-alone makes you absolutely....How could you not be the most empathic?!

This has been taken to a hole nutha level :greatscott:

I'm Someone Who Isn't Me. I don't count.

Besides, I've set my sights on a much more glittering thread prize: Most pathetic.

A vote for saturned is a vote for /thread!!!!! Vote for me and end this madness!!!!

Ordinarily I would dahling. You know I would. But the competition is formidable. It should be easy enough to sort because with great empathy comes great ability to manipulate. Let's see what you got!

EcK

The Memes Justify the End
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
I'm Someone Who Isn't Me. I don't count.

Besides, I've set my sights on a much more glittering thread prize: Most pathetic.

Ordinarily I would dahling. You know I would. But the competition is formidable. It should be easy enough to sort because with great empathy comes great ability to manipulate. Let's see what you got!
So I take it your playing with convincing us of the idea that your are indeed very empathetic while humorously manipulating us into believing you aren't and making it a de facto imperative that you must be.

I tip my hat to you madame

William K

Uniqueorn
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4w5
*sighs and mutters about the subliminal suggestion in his previous post being too subtle*

V

violaine

aww yeah, in your faces.

(Emphatic or empathic, either way: )

:puppy_dog_eyes:ne of us! :puppy_dog_eyes:ne of us! :puppy_dog_eyes:ne of us!