• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[NF] Who's The Most Empathic NF On TC?

Kitsune413

MBTI Type
enfp
To be fair, iwakar gained my favor when she first stated her opinion of the thread, was civil with respect to the thread's intent, and made it clear that she in no way intended to make it about throwing stones at you.

Despite the empathy of her second comment the snarky first part of the comment still made it personally combative towards Avatar. I'm a victim of this in encounters in the past as well. Its annoying to think of something 'dreadfully' clever to say and then damage another persons feelings when really you just wanted to say the clever thing.

iwakar

crush the fences
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Despite the empathy of her second comment the snarky first part of the comment still made it personally combative towards Avatar. I'm a victim of this in encounters in the past as well. Its annoying to think of something 'dreadfully' clever to say and then damage another persons feelings when really you just wanted to say the clever thing.

You haven't been here long enough to know the context surrounding my sarcastic questions about more popularity contests.

Kitsune413

MBTI Type
enfp
You haven't been here long enough to know the context surrounding my sarcastic questions about more popularity contests.

I don't need to be. I said that your original post was combative. You responded to that post with a message that was combative. I am as inspired to fight you now as Avatar was. There isn't any time requirement necessary to be capable to respond to your words. Should I be here years longer and see a million popularity threads come and go a single combative statement will still be just that.

iwakar

crush the fences
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I don't need to be. I said that your original post was combative. You responded to that post with a message that was combative. I am as inspired to fight you now as Avatar was. There isn't any time requirement necessary to be capable to respond to your words. Should I be here years longer and see a million popularity threads come and go a single combative statement will still be just that.

Uhhh, k...

Kitsune413

MBTI Type
enfp

There is no tone on the internet so the order of presentation becomes fairly important. Most books on type recommend that Thinking types, when dealing with a feeling type state where they agree or what they like about something before the criticize it. If you don't do that they tend not to be very receptive of the information coming at them.

For instance, in this situation, your entire statement is exactly what it says. But the way that the brain processes information I don't need to go halfway through it before it becomes a personal indictment. Something that it probably is not. Your original comment is very much that way. I condemned this thread in its second or third post. In a tongue in cheek way. Your condemnation coming before your value comment obviously affects the way Avatar reacted.

And by fight, I meant 'argue' or whatever people do on the internet.

Lexicon

Temporal Mechanic
Staff member
MBTI Type
JINX
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
*cough*

There is no tone on the internet so the order of presentation becomes fairly important. Most books on type recommend that Thinking types, when dealing with a feeling type state where they agree or what they like about something before the criticize it. If you don't do that they tend not to be very receptive of the information coming at them.

For instance, in this situation, your entire statement is exactly what it says. But the way that the brain processes information I don't need to go halfway through it before it becomes a personal indictment. Something that it probably is not. Your original comment is very much that way. I condemned this thread in its second or third post. In a tongue in cheek way. Your condemnation coming before your value comment obviously affects the way Avatar reacted.

And by fight, I meant 'argue' or whatever people do on the internet.

duty_calls.png

Kitsune413

MBTI Type
enfp

I should probably know better than to use a word like 'fight' or 'argue' on the internet. I had simply intended to empathize with Avatar's response to Iwakar's comments. Or perhaps simply to explain it. It is a fault of character to need to respond to a percieved slight. Another to feel my rights were violated when admonished and to respond with intuition as to why they were.

My final fault is to try to interpret this message without very much information as to its intent. But it is another fault I am taking.

So here I am. Hurt and alienated.

If I hurt your feelings Iwakar it was not my intention. I wish you the best. Going to take some time off.

Rasofy

royal member
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
So here I am. Hurt and alienated.
Pshh, there are women here that are jealous because they weren't mentioned.
Incidentally, the reason why they weren't mentioned becomes clear. :burns:

2ch

MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
Who's The Most Empathic NF On TC?

I say Fidelia. She's like a queen. Dignified, poised, esteemed. Over time. Tested strong.

Is there such thing?

MacGuffin

Permabanned
MBTI Type
xkcd
Enneagram
9w1
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I read the title as "Who's The Most Pathetic NF On TC?".

That would be a more interesting thread.

Turtledove

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
6w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I'm still confused at this whole fight business even if I did read it. What happened because it seems like there might be a small warning or temp ban going to happen soon from my perspective. It also seems that the NT, particularly the ENTs, opened up a can of worms and somebody either got jealous or some other idea where it was kinda typists or whatever. Either way jealousy and arguing is a very ugly thing. My two cents are thrown.

Southern Kross

Away with the fairies
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
so/sp
Why has no one mentioned me yet!? :cry: /drama
Shhhhh, like I said, this thread isn't for us. :hug:

We INFPs are uselessly kooky and self-absorbed; not shinning examples of humanity like other NFs. We must return to the magical dream world inside our heads where we belong.

cascadeco

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
9w1
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Shhhhh, like I said, this thread isn't for us. :hug:

We INFPs are uselessly kooky and self-absorbed; not shinning examples of humanity like other NFs. We must return to the magical dream world inside our heads where we belong.

No, silly, no need to return to your dream world! ;) It's not for me/NFJ's either!! I thought it was understood by all that threads like these are ridiculous and serve no positive purpose, assuming people are actually taking them seriously. And, I will definitely throw myself out there as being low in the rankings of empathetic NF's!! :) :yes:

V

violaine

How anyone could tell who the most empathic person is is beyond me. I guess that makes me non-empathic. Or does that make me super empathic?! Somebody tell me, please! Lol, this thread is all kinds of entertaining though.

Winds of Thor

MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
3w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
How anyone could tell who the most empathic person is is beyond me. I guess that makes me non-empathic. Or does that make me super empathic?! Somebody tell me, please! Lol, this thread is all kinds of entertaining though.

Super-empathic? Whoa!...That's such a sharp insight. Why, yes then. That comment stand-alone makes you absolutely....How could you not be the most empathic?!

This has been taken to a hole nutha level :greatscott:

A

Anew Leaf

A vote for saturned is a vote for /thread!!!!! Vote for me and end this madness!!!!

Winds of Thor

MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
3w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
A vote for saturned is a vote for /thread!!!!! Vote for me and end this madness!!!!

I bequeath to you the keys of authority over this dread uhh I mean thread.