User Tag List

First 56789 Last

Results 61 to 70 of 132

  1. #61
    Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    MBTI
    enfp
    Posts
    61

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by bologna View Post
    To be fair, iwakar gained my favor when she first stated her opinion of the thread, was civil with respect to the thread's intent, and made it clear that she in no way intended to make it about throwing stones at you.
    Despite the empathy of her second comment the snarky first part of the comment still made it personally combative towards Avatar. I'm a victim of this in encounters in the past as well. Its annoying to think of something 'dreadfully' clever to say and then damage another persons feelings when really you just wanted to say the clever thing.

  2. #62

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Kitsune413 View Post
    Despite the empathy of her second comment the snarky first part of the comment still made it personally combative towards Avatar. I'm a victim of this in encounters in the past as well. Its annoying to think of something 'dreadfully' clever to say and then damage another persons feelings when really you just wanted to say the clever thing.
    You haven't been here long enough to know the context surrounding my sarcastic questions about more popularity contests.
    "The purpose of life is to be defeated by greater and greater things." - Rainer Maria Rilke

  3. #63
    Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    MBTI
    enfp
    Posts
    61

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by iwakar View Post
    You haven't been here long enough to know the context surrounding my sarcastic questions about more popularity contests.
    I don't need to be. I said that your original post was combative. You responded to that post with a message that was combative. I am as inspired to fight you now as Avatar was. There isn't any time requirement necessary to be capable to respond to your words. Should I be here years longer and see a million popularity threads come and go a single combative statement will still be just that.

  4. #64

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Kitsune413 View Post
    I don't need to be. I said that your original post was combative. You responded to that post with a message that was combative. I am as inspired to fight you now as Avatar was. There isn't any time requirement necessary to be capable to respond to your words. Should I be here years longer and see a million popularity threads come and go a single combative statement will still be just that.
    Uhhh, k...
    "The purpose of life is to be defeated by greater and greater things." - Rainer Maria Rilke

  5. #65
    Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    MBTI
    enfp
    Posts
    61

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by iwakar View Post
    You haven't been here long enough to know the context surrounding my sarcastic questions about more popularity contests.
    There is no tone on the internet so the order of presentation becomes fairly important. Most books on type recommend that Thinking types, when dealing with a feeling type state where they agree or what they like about something before the criticize it. If you don't do that they tend not to be very receptive of the information coming at them.

    For instance, in this situation, your entire statement is exactly what it says. But the way that the brain processes information I don't need to go halfway through it before it becomes a personal indictment. Something that it probably is not. Your original comment is very much that way. I condemned this thread in its second or third post. In a tongue in cheek way. Your condemnation coming before your value comment obviously affects the way Avatar reacted.

    And by fight, I meant 'argue' or whatever people do on the internet.

  6. #66
    Temporal Mechanic. Lexicon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    MBTI
    JINX
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/sx
    Posts
    5,737

    Default *cough*

    Quote Originally Posted by Kitsune413 View Post
    There is no tone on the internet so the order of presentation becomes fairly important. Most books on type recommend that Thinking types, when dealing with a feeling type state where they agree or what they like about something before the criticize it. If you don't do that they tend not to be very receptive of the information coming at them.

    For instance, in this situation, your entire statement is exactly what it says. But the way that the brain processes information I don't need to go halfway through it before it becomes a personal indictment. Something that it probably is not. Your original comment is very much that way. I condemned this thread in its second or third post. In a tongue in cheek way. Your condemnation coming before your value comment obviously affects the way Avatar reacted.

    And by fight, I meant 'argue' or whatever people do on the internet.

    03/23 06:06:58 EcK: lex
    03/23 06:06:59 EcK: lex
    03/23 06:21:34 Nancynobullets: LEXXX *sacrifices a first born*
    03/23 06:21:53 Nancynobullets: We summon yooouuu
    03/23 06:29:07 Lexicon: I was sleeping!



    04/25 04:20:35 Patches: Don't listen to lex. She wants to birth a litter of kittens. She doesnt get to decide whats creepy

    02/16 23:49:38 ygolo: Lex is afk
    02/16 23:49:45 Cimarron: she's doing drugs with Jack

    03/05 19:27:41 Time: You can't make chat morbid. Lex does it naturally.

  7. #67
    royal member Rasofy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/sx
    Posts
    5,932

    Default


    -----------------

    A man builds. A parasite asks 'Where is my share?'
    A man creates. A parasite says, 'What will the neighbors think?'
    A man invents. A parasite says, 'Watch out, or you might tread on the toes of God... '


    -----------------

  8. #68
    Senior Member Winds of Thor's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    3w4 sx/so
    Posts
    1,859

    Default

    Yea, fia too.
    "..And the eight and final rule: If this is your first time at Fight Club, you have to fight."
    'Men are meant to be with women. The rest is perversion and mental illness.'

  9. #69
    reborn PeaceBaby's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    937 so/sx
    Posts
    6,226

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Avatar7 View Post
    It's a healthy thread and it's meant to stay that way.
    Please explain what is healthy about it?
    "Remember always that you not only have the right to be an individual, you have an obligation to be one."
    Eleanor Roosevelt


    "When people see some things as beautiful,
    other things become ugly.
    When people see some things as good,
    other things become bad."
    Lao Tzu, Tao Te Ching

  10. #70
    Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    MBTI
    enfp
    Posts
    61

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Lexicon View Post
    I should probably know better than to use a word like 'fight' or 'argue' on the internet. I had simply intended to empathize with Avatar's response to Iwakar's comments. Or perhaps simply to explain it. It is a fault of character to need to respond to a percieved slight. Another to feel my rights were violated when admonished and to respond with intuition as to why they were.

    My final fault is to try to interpret this message without very much information as to its intent. But it is another fault I am taking.

    So here I am. Hurt and alienated.

    If I hurt your feelings Iwakar it was not my intention. I wish you the best. Going to take some time off.

Similar Threads

  1. Who Curses The Most On This Forum?
    By Nørrsken in forum The Fluff Zone
    Replies: 46
    Last Post: 01-24-2017, 10:21 PM
  2. History: Who is the most despicable human being that ever lived?
    By iwakar in forum Politics, History, and Current Events
    Replies: 26
    Last Post: 06-19-2016, 04:21 AM
  3. Who is the most stylish of all the personality types?
    By curiousel in forum Myers-Briggs and Jungian Cognitive Functions
    Replies: 30
    Last Post: 11-07-2014, 08:41 PM
  4. Who is the most protective type?
    By kathara in forum Myers-Briggs and Jungian Cognitive Functions
    Replies: 24
    Last Post: 10-22-2007, 11:59 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
Single Sign On provided by vBSSO