User Tag List

First 123412 Last

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    4w5

Quote Originally Posted by Riva View Post
    I assume a male NF would be more empathetic than a female one.
    Why do you say that? I just think it's an interesting assertion, given that usually women are viewed as more empathetic than men...not that it's always true.
    Masquerading as a normal person day after day is exhausting.

My blog:
    TypeC: Adventures of an Introvert
    Wordpress: http://introvertadventures.wordpress.com/

Riva

Quote Originally Posted by Aquarelle View Post
    Why do you say that? I just think it's an interesting assertion, given that usually women are viewed as more empathetic than men...not that it's always true.
    For a man to shed the socially accepted role of being an unemotional, ruthless, rational, unfeeling, duty bound, horny war machine one must go against a lot of peer pressure. And when one accepts one's inner empathy after defeating all those one would sincerely be more empathetic than a female I assumed.

Of course I am missing quite a few point on this. But this is the explanation that crosses my mind at the moment.

Ps -

Oh add to it that Siddhartha was an obvious INFJ might make me a bit bias towards men being more empathetic than women.

PPs -

Also I am very empathetic I feel.

Lay the coin on my tongue SilkRoad's Avatar
    MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    6w5 sp/sx

^However, a lot of NF men seem to say something along the lines of "I act more like an NT than an NF so that I can get by in life", so I'm not sure this argument would hold true in practice.

I am honestly not sure if I have ever met an NF man IRL. Most likely I have, but probably a lot of them are disguising themselves fairly well...and I guess there aren't huge numbers to begin with.
    Female
    INFJ
    Enneagram 6w5 sp/sx

I DOORSLAMMING

Anew Leaf

@Domino hands down.

Let me count the ways Betty Blue's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    7W6 sp/sx
    Socionics
    IEE

Quote Originally Posted by Avatar7 View Post
    I say Fidelia. She's like a queen. Dignified, poised, esteemed. Over time. Tested strong.

I know, why not make a poll with members names,. That will make everyone feel fantastic about themselves and i'm sure the voting would not reflect popularity bias either.

"We knew he was someone who had a tragic flaw, that's where his greatness came from"

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/sx

@skylights maybe
    -----------------

A man builds. A parasite asks 'Where is my share?'
    A man creates. A parasite says, 'What will the neighbors think?'
    A man invents. A parasite says, 'Watch out, or you might tread on the toes of God... '

-----------------

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    4w5

Quote Originally Posted by Riva View Post
    For a man to shed the socially accepted role of being an unemotional, ruthless, rational, unfeeling, duty bound, horny war machine one must go against a lot of peer pressure. And when one accepts one's inner empathy after defeating all those one would sincerely be more empathetic than a female I assumed.

Of course I am missing quite a few point on this. But this is the explanation that crosses my mind at the moment.
    That makes sense. I'm not sure I agree that a male NF would necessarily be more empathetic than a female NF, but I don't necessarily agree that the reverse is true either.

Quote Originally Posted by SilkRoad View Post
    ^However, a lot of NF men seem to say something along the lines of "I act more like an NT than an NF so that I can get by in life", so I'm not sure this argument would hold true in practice.

I am honestly not sure if I have ever met an NF man IRL. Most likely I have, but probably a lot of them are disguising themselves fairly well...and I guess there aren't huge numbers to begin with.
    I know two self-proclaimed NF males, who have both taken the official MBTI test and gotten that result. One, and INFP, is truly one of the most empathetic individuals I've ever met. The other, and ENFP, does not seem very empathetic to me at all and I would have pegged him for an NT, probably.
    Masquerading as a normal person day after day is exhausting.

My blog:
    TypeC: Adventures of an Introvert
    Wordpress: http://introvertadventures.wordpress.com/

Lay the coin on my tongue SilkRoad's Avatar
    MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    6w5 sp/sx

Quote Originally Posted by Aquarelle View Post
    That makes sense. I'm not sure I agree that a male NF would necessarily be more empathetic than a female NF, but I don't necessarily agree that the reverse is true either.

I know two self-proclaimed NF males, who have both taken the official MBTI test and gotten that result. One, and INFP, is truly one of the most empathetic individuals I've ever met. The other, and ENFP, does not seem very empathetic to me at all and I would have pegged him for an NT, probably.
    For possible NF males I've known I can only think of my ex, who seems like a likely INFP, but he could just as easily be ISFP and actually I think that is more likely. He could be very empathetic and I have very little doubt that he's an F, but he was also pretty self-absorbed - then again, he was quite young when we were together (early twenties). Hopefully he grew up a bit.

I also know a guy who apparently has tested as INFJ and I could see it as a possibility. He seemed quite empathetic, though sometimes a bit socially clueless (not that that would rule him out from being INFJ!). However, I'm not sure I ever knew him quite well enough, and I'm not that good at pegging people's types. I could see him as other INxx types as well.
    Female
    INFJ
    Enneagram 6w5 sp/sx

I DOORSLAMMING

@Vasilisa ftw.

I'm also going to say @Z Buck McFate although I don't know how well that translates in her posts. But if you know her you can see it quite plainly.

Shall we also do the smartest NT, the most honorable SJ, and the most fun-loving SP? How many more uncomfortable, stereotype-reinforcing, popularity contests can one forum have? Not enough apparently.

FWIW Avatar7, I do not believe this is your intent, I have no doubt you think very highly of certain NFs here, but I think this 'vote thread' is misguided.
    "The purpose of life is to be defeated by greater and greater things." - Rainer Maria Rilke