User Tag List

First 23456 Last

As Long As It Takes.... Redbone's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    4w5 sp/sx

I've struggled with depression and I guess you could call it cyclothymia. Bad, nasty mood swings. Two people in me and they really don't get along well at all. There's nothing they won't stoop to in their fight for ascendancy over me!

I always feel like I'm swimming or running as fast as I can to keep "it" from catching up with me. I don't know what "it" is supposed to be but it's bad...something big, horrible...the point of total and complete collapse. Where I cannot function, where NOTHING is okay and will never be okay again no matter what. Okay...yes, I've had this happen but it passes...I'm afraid of this catching me and I never get up again.

MBTI
    ENFJ
    Enneagram
    1w2 sp/so
    Socionics
    EIE Fe

I was recently diagnosed with Bipolar II (now taking meds to attempt to manage it). The worst aspects of it for me is how bad the depressions spells can get. I suppose then I fit the "stereotype" of NF types being emotionally messed up. That said, I do not agree with the notion that NF types are more predisposed to mental illnesses (in the ways of anxiety and or depression). I wouldn't be shocked if there is a slight correlation between NF's and those, but I doubt it is very strong. There are so many ways in which mental illness can manifest, and I don't believe it's rational to think cognitive functions predispose one to some. It doesn't work that way.
    MBTI: ExxJ tetramer
    Functions: Fe > Te > Ni > Se > Si > Ti > Fi > Ne
    Enneagram: 1w2 - 3w4 - 6w5 (The Taskmaster) | sp/so
    Socionics: β-E dimer | -
    Big 5: slOaI
    Temperament: Choleric/Melancholic
    Alignment: Lawful Neutral
    External Perception: Nohari and Johari

We are meaning creating animals, and when our culture is impoverished of meaning, we become depressed and anxious.

But worse, not only is our culture poor in meaning, our culture is individualistic, so we blame our depression and anxiety on our individual selves, rather than enriching the society in which we breath and live.

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    9w1 sx/so
    Socionics
    EII Ne

Quote Originally Posted by Redbone View Post
    I've struggled with depression and I guess you could call it cyclothymia. Bad, nasty mood swings. Two people in me and they really don't get along well at all. There's nothing they won't stoop to in their fight for ascendancy over me!

I always feel like I'm swimming or running as fast as I can to keep "it" from catching up with me. I don't know what "it" is supposed to be but it's bad...something big, horrible...the point of total and complete collapse. Where I cannot function, where NOTHING is okay and will never be okay again no matter what. Okay...yes, I've had this happen but it passes...I'm afraid of this catching me and I never get up again.
    This is exactly the sort of thing I feel I've been going through - for years, in fact. I just couldn't quite give it a name until recently.
    Only she who attempts the absurd can achieve the impossible... and then some.

MY BLOGS: https://freestylelines.blogspot.com/, https://tfthdiary.blogspot.com/
    TWITTER: https://twitter.com/angel_ss1
    TUMBLR: http://angelight1.tumblr.com/

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    6w5 sp/sx

When I was deeply depressed and living in what I would recognize as waking up in the morning and contemplating on when will be the next time the pain and hurt would all end. Then it came to me, the paradox for suicide, "letting it all go", has the same meaning as quite the contrary - and that is life.

Truth of the matter is, we don't let things go because we are afraid to embrace a new life by breaking old patterns. With all the information available to us in this day and age, most of us already know where to begin, but when is the question we have to ask ourselves.

In no particular order, my favorite priorities for getting better:

-a rich inner world
    -positive self-image
    -healthy diet/exercise
    -a nice place to meditate and relax
    -a community with like-minded individuals
    -and a shitload of laughter
    “If you worry about what might be, and wonder what might have been, you will ignore what is.” -anonymous

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    6w5 sp/sx

Quote Originally Posted by Spruce Bringsteen View Post
    People don't always have some of those options, that's the problem.
    Eating healthy is an expensive luxury for most people. I know I don't have the option to eat as healthy as I'd like.
    Being an INFJ there aren't really any communities for us, I believe. There are a small amount of us and we are scattered all over. Who knows where we all are.
    Can you elaborate what a healthy diet means to you? It can mean many things to different people.

Get into a community with shared passions. It has little to do with being INFJ or ESTP or any other type. I'm in a community that has nothing to do with me being an INFP. Have you tried hanging out at the local music store? Now and then you might bump into a non-pretentious music buff.
    “If you worry about what might be, and wonder what might have been, you will ignore what is.” -anonymous

Eating healthy is an expensive luxury for most people.
    Eating fresh fruit and vegetables, including sprouts, nuts and seeds, with fish twice a week is inexpensive here.

Fruit and vegetables are inexpensive because they are free from the Goods and Services Tax, and two whole oily fish such as mackeral or trout twice a week are inexpensive.

What is expensive is one or two coffees a day, two or more alcoholic drinks a day, illegal drugs, and fast food washed down with soft drinks.

Fresh fruit and vegetables, including nuts, seeds and sprouts, can be deliciously prepared in a blender, and a whole mackeral grills beautifully.

And even more important is to invite someone to share a delicious meal with you once a week.

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram

Quote Originally Posted by 1AuroraAngel1 View Post
    I am an INFP with Generalized Anxiety Disorder. It's awful and I wish it would just go away.
    It is awful and if you are in early adolescence it will go away.
    Last edited by meowington; 05-25-2014 at 03:27 AM.

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    8w7 sp

US stuffs are expensive. I don't know much but have seen their price on some sites to understand your position.

Maybe you should try some menu which can be kept in refrigerator like fried rice, salad(not mixing with cream), dried food or any that won't go rotten easily. Since fruits are most expensive, others with useful amount like cabbage could be used as replace for. Left chicken bones for some soup bowl to relax your body. I'm not sure if some edible plants can grow in US but if there are, you should have one or two edible plants in your garden. Herbal juice is great too. If not, mix warm water with honey and lemon, it tastes good too!

I think NFs anxiety/depression cause was from how they tend to live with their inner self/emotion/thinking/feeling in immoderate time. Well, it's our nature anyway, lol!
    When the time you're in depression or feeling anxiety. Absorbing things outside of yourself is the best way, at least in my case. Watching movies, gardening, cooking, walking around, go outside and such is great too. But the best is, we need to "Have conversation with Another One, Not with ourselves." I'd like to go to bar and talk with bartender like in the movies as well. LOL~ Expressing what you feel, receiving advice from them. Sometimes enjoying activities with them is great too.

If you're alone. It's time to find your new companion... I mean friend! I know it's hard but we can do it.
    Community like this web board but another (If you like Marvel stuff, then you'd find it! Like that), following twitter accounts with who you want to talk or find them interesting to talk with, facebook group and such. Meeting with new one who have same interested stuffs could be lead to the new relationship. Make your chance Little conversation with real person such as workers in restaurant and such like "Thanks" when they do their job for you is a little things which it's great too.
    ~A cat walk through the way~

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    6w5 sp/sx

Organic food. Non GMO, no pesticides, herbacides, nitrates, nitrites, etc etc. I have to eat a lot of packaged, processed food that is not healthy in general. I would rather cook/make my food.
    My opinion on food is as follows:

- The amount of pesticide residue found in fruit varies. For instance, strawberries are sprayed with over 12 different pesticides. Here's a list of foods to avoid if non-organic: http://www.drweil.com/drw/u/ART02985...y-Organic.html
    - processed foods with nitrates and other chemicals are far more dangerous than dealing with pesticide residue.
    - stay away from high fructose sugar
    - keep away from almonds that are not raw-organic. almonds are now sprayed with PPO gas after a following of a salmonella outbreak.

This does not mean I am not open to talking to anyone and trying to make friends with someone despite differences cause I like to focus on what I have in common with people, not what divides us.
    Just a lot of drinking, drugging, and clubbing which is just very unappealing to me.
    I know plenty of people that do the things you mentioned. The only deal breaker I see is if they influence me to also do those things. In other case, I don't see myself as being much different than they are, I have my own addictions as well. Perhaps what divides us is what also keeps us together.