User Tag List

First 12345 Last

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    4w5

Quote Originally Posted by Loki View Post
    I used to think so, but I've seen other types mistype as NF, specifically INFP, often, when they're depressed.
    Hah that is delightful!

MBTI
    INfp
    Enneagram
    4w5 sp
    Socionics
    LII

Given that the world is largely run by people whose dominant function is our shadow this outcome is not surprising. What we can do about it is quite another question. Not only do we not have the functions, we don't have the numbers either. It's only comparatively recently I've realised the horrible clash there is between Ne and Te types. Te types want to plan every task and set measureable targets. For Ne types what works best is a bit of planning followed by a bit of doing, followed by a bit of plan revision and extending - then several iterations of that. Wasn't it John Lennon who said: "Life is what happens to you when you are busy making other plans"?
    Cognitive functions:
    Fi (95%); Ti (90%); Ne (75%); Fe (60%); Ni (50%); Si (50%); Te (15%); Se (5%)

"INFP values but INTP skills" describes me best of all

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    7w6 sx/so

What a great thread. I wish it was more recent. Hope I'm not "bumping" as a faux pas?
    ENFP with anxiety. Anxiety manifested after years of being a hyper ass ENFP and running on the hamster wheel of work and life.
    Until finally I became like a game of Jinga. Blocks were pulled out of my game ("dog dies," "lose job," "friend dies," "money worries") and JINGA - game over in the form of severe panic attacks that made me believe I had pneumonia because it felt like I couldn't breathe.

And severe Si Choke Hold and physical symptoms and fears galore. Yikes. Sux. I still grapple with anxiety- though it's under control with meds, acknowledgement and coping strategies, prayer and lifestyle changes. I would like to get off the meds. But I'm afraid to. I never want to lose the Jinga game again. (I guess you can call it a nervous breakdown.) That was so scary.
    It takes courage to grow up and become who you really are. ~e.e. cummings

ENFP
    sx/so/sp
    7w6, 4w5, 9w8

Entertaining Cracker five sounds's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    729 sx/sp
    Socionics
    IEE Ne

Quote Originally Posted by AzulEyes View Post
    What a great thread. I wish it was more recent. Hope I'm not "bumping" as a faux pas?
    ENFP with anxiety. Anxiety manifested after years of being a hyper ass ENFP and running on the hamster wheel of work and life.
    Until finally I became like a game of Jinga. Blocks were pulled out of my game ("dog dies," "lose job," "friend dies," "money worries") and JINGA - game over in the form of severe panic attacks that made me believe I had pneumonia because it felt like I couldn't breathe.

And severe Si Choke Hold and physical symptoms and fears galore. Yikes. Sux. I still grapple with anxiety- though it's under control with meds, acknowledgement and coping strategies, prayer and lifestyle changes. I would like to get off the meds. But I'm afraid to. I never want to lose the Jinga game again. (I guess you can call it a nervous breakdown.) That was so scary.
    The same thing happened to me. I'm terrified of it now.
    You hem me in -- behind and before;
    you have laid your hand upon me.
    Such knowledge is too wonderful for me,
    too lofty for me to attain.

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    7w6 sx/so

Quote Originally Posted by nicolita View Post
    The same thing happened to me. I'm terrified of it now.
    Girl- you are my long lost twin!
    We should PM more about this.

ENFP
    sx/so/sp
    7w6, 4w5, 9w8

Quote Originally Posted by AzulEyes View Post

Almost the same here! I am pretty active person, but I've always had problems with depression and once it just changed to one huge panic attack, when all the thoughts and tensions I've felt over the years came out and I just felt like dying at that moment. I somehow got over it now, but it starts up some anxiety issues within me and fear of getting all those physical and emotional sympotons back again... It can really suck sometime...

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    7w6 sx/so

Quote Originally Posted by Polly View Post
    Almost the same here! I am pretty active person, but I've always had problems with depression and once it just changed to one huge panic attack, when all the thoughts and tensions I've felt over the years came out and I just felt like dying at that moment. I somehow got over it now, but it starts up some anxiety issues within me and fear of getting all those physical and emotional sympotons back again... It can really suck sometime...
    Sorry- I know how that scary feeling is- you do feel like you can literally die. Hang tough. I will too. We can let off steam here!!

ENFP
    sx/so/sp
    7w6, 4w5, 9w8

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    4w5 so/sp
    Socionics
    IEI Ni

I am an INFP with Generalized Anxiety Disorder. It's awful and I wish it would just go away.

ndovjtjcaqidthi

Quote Originally Posted by 1AuroraAngel1 View Post
    I am an INFP with Generalized Anxiety Disorder. It's awful and I wish it would just go away.
    Have you been diagnosed by a doctor?

Quote Originally Posted by 1AuroraAngel1 View Post
    Is the diagnosis helpful to you at all? Or, does it focus your attention away from working toward solving the problem?

Modern science and medicine don't understand much about many so-called disorders. They haven't proven that many of these are biological in cause rather than cognitive, yet their exclusive prescribed remedy targets the biological. Why? Because it's less work for them, more money for them, and more money for the drug companies.

Often, I think a diagnosis is a cage which prevents healing of the root cause.

I apologize if I sound like I'm ranting. I'm just trying to present the other side of the story which you're unlikely to hear.