• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[INFJ] Kooky INFJs

typologywhore

MBTI Type
infj
Enneagram
4w3
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Kooky, zany, meh. -examining fingernails in a dismissive manner- ...I think, in fact, the correct term would be awesome.

/egotism XD

Buuuuuut marginally more seriously. This thread makes a good point. I have a suspicion said "kookiness" may be a province of sp-last 4w3's; a [confirmed] INFP 4w3 so/sx of my acquaintance has a veryvery similar feel. Though perhaps the kookiness seems more atypical in INFJs as INFPs are a bit more kinda...sparky/random anyway?

And I relate to Starry's observation that INFJs of this variety can very much turn the kookiness on/off. Yup, certainly feels that way here. Which is simultaneously cool and...kinda trippy...-eyes self in a suspicious manner..-...o.o...

ALSO, another random thought! Could it be related to having 7 in the tritype??

-..reading over post- ...Meh, I sound retarded today. My excuse is that I'm ill. <.<

...and...

So/Sx ???? ---->SOcks???
youth_kids_sport_socks_wholesale.jpg

...that, Reverie my dear, just made my day. XDD

Kyrielle

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
4w5
I dunno. I seem to be very on/off about being silly/witty/funny v.s. being withdrawn. Kinda like sunlight shining bright patches through the clouds.

Most of the time, I would say I'm withdrawn. Which does not mean shy, nor does it necessarily mean serious. Just off in my head pondering things or simply not in the mood to socialize much.

EJCC

The Devil of TypoC
MBTI Type
ESTJ
Enneagram
1w9
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
I dunno. I seem to be very on/off about being silly/witty/funny v.s. being withdrawn. Kinda like sunlight shining bright patches through the clouds.

Most of the time, I would say I'm withdrawn. Which does not mean shy, nor does it necessarily mean serious. Just off in my head pondering things or simply not in the mood to socialize much.
This meshes well with my personal experiences with INFJs. :yes: I might argue, though, that INFJs are good at being kooky and withdrawn at the same time -- by your definition of withdrawn, anyway. Not necessarily kooky in the ENFP vein, but, for example, doing what my mom did today, and wearing LOADS of ridiculous Mardi Gras attire to work, but being completely deadpan and nonchalant about it.

kyli_ryan

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
2wX
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
Oh I have. The few INFJs I have known can kinda turn it on and off (which I admire because I have a very difficult time with the 'off' button).

I think this is definitely how I am. I have a switch and sometimes feel like I'm a little... quick in my ability to change from being playful to being serious. There are some issues with this too though.... I feel like people don't necessarily always understand the double life of the INFJ. I'm able to be fun and sociable sometimes, but I also have a serious/intellectual side that I need to have taken seriously whenever it rears its head.

Quay

Peaced
MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
6w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
wearing LOADS of ridiculous Mardi Gras attire to work, but being completely deadpan and nonchalant about it.

This sounds vaguely familiar. *examines mirror*

Reverie

In orbit
MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
4w3
Instinctual Variant
sx
Kooky, zany, meh. -examining fingernails in a dismissive manner- ...I think, in fact, the correct term would be awesome.

/egotism XD

Buuuuuut marginally more seriously. This thread makes a good point. I have a suspicion said "kookiness" may be a province of sp-last 4w3's; a [confirmed] INFP 4w3 so/sx of my acquaintance has a veryvery similar feel. Though perhaps the kookiness seems more atypical in INFJs as INFPs are a bit more kinda...sparky/random anyway?

And I relate to Starry's observation that INFJs of this variety can very much turn the kookiness on/off. Yup, certainly feels that way here. Which is simultaneously cool and...kinda trippy...-eyes self in a suspicious manner..-...o.o...

ALSO, another random thought! Could it be related to having 7 in the tritype??

-..reading over post- ...Meh, I sound retarded today. My excuse is that I'm ill. <.<

...and...

...that, Reverie my dear, just made my day. XDD
Thanks ;D
7 in tritype <---??? ...I'm so googling that as we speak...
I am an INFP in socionics, which is a different beast altogether, but maybe has a contributing factor. Hmmm....:thinking:

EDIT: after sufficient googling and an enneagram card test my 7ness was confirmed.
So I guess I'll start an "MBTI INFJ 4W3 tritype 7" group. ...Just because I have such a snazzy name for it. ;D

redacted

I guess I'm kooky, but only if I'm realllllly comfortable. Which is kinda rare.

xenaprincess

MBTI Type
infp
Enneagram
6w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
yes.
My coworker INFJ friend is kooky. He will swing from saying out loud 'I love you!' and practically clicking his heels to 'now I'm working for so-and-so and doing all HIS work'.

well, that's what qualifies as kooky in my book anyhow. :newwink:
I think there is a degree of kook-dom in everyone though. I have my quirky kooky parts but am more subtle.

Lexicon

Temporal Mechanic
Staff member
MBTI Type
JINX
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I'm a ridiculous human being, but under certain circumstances, I attempt to keep that under wraps.
*tries to act all mysterious*

Froody Blue Gem

Necromancing Scapelamb
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
xD I would say I am very shy, quiet, highly introverted and reserved IRL. People who don't know me well IRL may perceive me as serious but my true self is anything but serious and kooky quirky awkwardness is what makes up a lot of what I am. I know it's a weird package and may sound counterintuitive that these qualities would exist within one human... but I assure you they do.

When people assume I don't have a sense of humor or don't get humor upon meeting me, it's a shame because that is not accurate to who I am at all. I do probably give off false signals of that. And people know my humor is a big part of me who know me well. It's not everyone's cup of tea but it's... a thing. Though the being quirky and not normal does come off the bat, it's that people don't think I have it in me to be intentionally funny.

Sundae

MBTI Type
INFP
The only forever alone crazy cat ladies I know are INFJs, so. XD

tommyc

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
4w5
Dunno if im kooky. Kooky to me is a slightly self-conscious display - like pink hair and a goofy laugh, or something. Im pretty conventional by first impression. I guess when you get to know me my interests are a bit different from the norm..

neko 4

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sp
I'm usually kind of serious, but I can get really silly when around the right people. My sister's nickname for me is "Goon."

cacaia

MBTI Type
NF
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
so/sp
I've noticed a lot of INFJs describe themselves as shy and serious.
I'm serious too when I'm by myself reading Sartre, but serious about some ideas not as a person.
Granted I'm an introvert, but I'm not particularly shy.
I'd say I'm mostly just playful and kooky.
Am I the lone kook in INFJ land?
DODOBIRD.jpg

Hi! Possible INFJ here, and very kooky. You are not alone!