• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[INFP] If INFP's ruled the WORLD

Haphazard

Don't Judge Me!
MBTI Type
ENFJ
I asked you guys what you think will happen, not whether it will truly happen one day or if this is actually possible or not!

And no this isn't a feel good thread for INFP's.. just openly state your opinion but I would appreciate it if you would quit changing the subject..

Okay, okay... thanks for the clarification.

Well, whether it could happen or not, the world would quickly devolve into chaos, factions and groups fighting for ideological charges. Maybe not physically, but definitely terrible political, religious, and social struggles. Unforgiving, unrelenting... a veritable Hell on earth.

Think of about eighty or so Cold Wars going on at the same time. It may be that nothing would actually happen, but the tension and anxiety in such a would be able to be cut with a knife.

persianeyes

MBTI Type
INFP
I request you read my signature.

He is probably an exception. They are not the ideal fit for leader.

I always speculate in possiblity and realism. In this way I am more an ISTJ than an INTJ, but I will comply to your request since you specifically asked me to.

The world would probably be a much more compassionate place. There may be stricter punishments on criminals (INFPs are touchy about that kind of stuff, right?) which I would like to see.

Ruled the world as a single body? Quite suicidal to attempt at this point in time, but one can always hope. If ruled as a single body, peace would be widespread, but human malice can never just disappear. The environment would be more focused upon, which I would also like to see.

Interesting answer, makes sense and it's optomistic..

If INFPs ruled the world, nothing would ever get done. ;)

People often don't consider this..
In stressful times, where order and scheduals are nessesary, most Percievers take J quality, just like in romantic relationships Ts can 'turn into' Feelers.

Mort Belfry

Rats off to ya!
MBTI Type
INTP
Well it wouldn't be for very long. And what an apologetic fourteen hours that would make. And just as long aliens didn't come to Earth in that timeframe, I think we'd all survive.

Anonymous

MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w6
I expect it would only be a matter of time before the INFPs come up with some sort of religion that says if dissenters are burned to death, they are transported to magical fairy lands where they will become normal and good (i.e., like the INFPs).

Naturally, the INFPs would take no part in the actual executions. They'd be too busy enjoying the fruits of their caste system.

heart

heart on fire
I don't want to rule the world. I didn't make this mess, why should I clean it up? External changes never last anyway. External control is futile at creating lasting change. People have to clean their own houses first.

scantilyclad

almost nekkid
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
so/sp
lol INFPs ruling the world would be quite chaotic, i'm not sure if anything would ever actually get done.

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
5w4
Me thinks the INFPs leaders would die young. The world will be chaotic, beautiful and tragic.

Eileen

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
6?
People often don't consider this..
In stressful times, where order and scheduals are nessesary, most Percievers take J quality, just like in romantic relationships Ts can 'turn into' Feelers.

Eh. Every INFP I know sucks at schedules and has turned at least one paper in a whole year late. Bar none.

Mort Belfry

Rats off to ya!
MBTI Type
INTP
Since, deep down, all INFPs are conspiracy nuts, they'd probably start suspecting themselves of paranormal corruption and commit suicide to save the planet.

heart

heart on fire
Since, deep down, all INFPs are conspiracy nuts, they'd probably start suspecting themselves of paranormal corruption and commit suicide to save the planet.

Only extreme Greens want to kill themselves off to save the planet.:devil:

walking flour

My mom is probably INFP and so are my sisters probably... Nothing would get done while they avoided conflict. Arguing would happen. It would be fueled by feelings.. and then end because of feelings. But it wouldn't really 'end'. The problems would just be avoided. And then they would discuss the problems among other INFPs while not doing anything constructive. They probably wouldn't change their mind or values, so this would just happen all over again when a conflicting topic is brought up again. Inaction..can be annoying..but it might be a good thing in this case.
You couldn't say the world would necessarily be more peaceful though considering all the different values someone could have...

Gabe

MBTI Type
ENTP
Excuse me? You're asking us a question and you don't want to speculate the possibility or realism of it, and yet you ask "Wouldn't you agree?? What do you guys think?"

What is this for then? A feel-good thread for INFPs?

...Oh wait. Fs do that sort of thing...

Carry on.

oh really? You are an INTJ right? Your auxiliary function is extraverted thinking? Permit me to offend you. Some of the most intense "yes-man" behavior occurs in academics:
"Whew, man, I almost passed out, for a second I thought you said that modernization theory was wrong. Well, everybody knows that modernization theory is always right. Economic developement creates a bussiness class that always lobbies for democracy. Modernization theory is always right (repeats it to themselves about 20 times, thinks to themselves "and our economics department is a paragon of scientific-ness") By the way, kid, what do you think of our economics department"
"Sir, I think your research is the epitome of sound logic"

Anyway.
If INFPs ruled a country. the following things would happen to some degree:
-The feeling function would become unemotional, and introverted feeling would be worshoped just like the extraverted thinking function is here in america now.
-thinking would become the 'emotional function', and if they society was still sexist, anima extraverted thinking would be projected on to one of the sexes.
-in politics, an extremely indirect informing communication would be the standard and politicians who tried to role-direct would be ignored (by the way, this is the case in some eastern countries. People actually associate extreme direct-ness and extraverted thinking with women. As with America, it is used as an "explanation" that they're not suited for power, except that the supposedly inherent styles are reversed)
-extraverted thinking women would be worshoped (or men, if it ended up being a matriarchy)
-goverment would be much more responsive to the ideas of academes, but any that stressed thier definations and theories to strongly would risk punishment.
-Ni and Si types would be pathologized and ignored, however, if, say, if one didn't know the purpose of thier life and couldn't forsee future events, they would be considered failures and would be frequently humiliated, while real Ni types would be imprisoned.
-Se would be mocked and neutralized, and if people cheated in relationships and had numerous affairs, 'they only had a lust-relationship to begin with' would be considered a legitimate excuse.
-Psychiatry would go out of fashion, and old diagnosis-words would be considered a form of hate speech from 'the old regime' and offenders would be punished by being barred from the libraries and bookstoors, and restricted to government-approved books.

So no, it would not be all sunshine, lollypops, and rainbows.
However, INFPs are just as able to lead as any other type.

Nocapszy

no clinkz 'til brooklyn
MBTI Type
ENTP
Peaceful maybe, but nothing would really ever happen. We'd all be too scared to say or do anything for fear of stepping on someone else's toes.

scantilyclad

almost nekkid
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
so/sp
ideally i would really like to rule the world, because i have a lot of ideas about what could be changed for the better, however i'm not very good at doing anything that i actually conjure up in my head.

Haphazard

Don't Judge Me!
MBTI Type
ENFJ
oh really? You are an INTJ right? Your auxiliary function is extraverted thinking? Permit me to offend you. Some of the most intense "yes-man" behavior occurs in academics:
"Whew, man, I almost passed out, for a second I thought you said that modernization theory was wrong. Well, everybody knows that modernization theory is always right. Economic developement creates a bussiness class that always lobbies for democracy. Modernization theory is always right (repeats it to themselves about 20 times, thinks to themselves "and our economics department is a paragon of scientific-ness") By the way, kid, what do you think of our economics department"
"Sir, I think your research is the epitome of sound logic"

I don't mean to offend. I'm just trying to figure out why I'm not wanted. I knew I shouldn't have wandered into the Idyllic. I definitely do not belong here.

And... 'sound logic'? Lol. What a joke. INTJs have none of that.

Then again, I'd rather have a world ruled by INFPs than INTJs, for what it's worth. INTJs have the bad habit of pissing people off (as seen here). That would mean war sparking everywhere. INFPs, even if they disagree, would likely not war, at least not so overtly...

anii

homo-loving sonovagun
MBTI Type
infp
Enneagram

tovlo

MBTI Type
INFJ
All types are built for leadership, just in different ways. INFP leadership bassically tries to motivate and empower the subjects through encouragement and communication, rather than rank and structure and sanctions. INFP's can be great leaders in the right context, such as a group project where the people working don't need a whole lot of additional instruction once the project is understood. INFP's probably don't make good presidents/prime ministers/kings/ect, but in other situations they can be excellent.

I'm sure an INFP could be a very capable leader in the world as it exists today. They would have a unique set of gifts and struggles and like any other leader, would likely be most effective gathering those around them who would complement their strengths and supplement those areas where they may have weakness.

However, I imagine an INFP best suited to a world of peaceful anarchy as defined below:

"A theoretical social state in which there is no governing person or body of persons, but each individual has absolute liberty (without the implication of disorder)."

Anarchy

Which of course would mean no INFP leader, as there would be no leaders at all.

I think an INFP's most effective leadership might come from envisioning a populace mature enough to conduct themselves with the same loving consideration for their fellow human as is had for self and striving as best they are able within the constraints of current society to live that vision.

anii

homo-loving sonovagun
MBTI Type
infp
Enneagram
^^^

Wow. You took the words right out of my mouth, cleaned them up, rearranged them and stated them more eloquently than I could have.

That's exactly what I was just going to say. Just live and let live. Maybe an autonomous collective or two. (couldn't resist)