User Tag List

Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 678

Thread: If INFP's ruled the WORLD

Minister of Propagandhi Array ajblaise's Avatar

Instead of the government writing non-binding resolutions, they will write non-binding poems.

The INFP rulers would hoard all of the anti-depressant and anti-anxiety medicine for themselves.

Senor Membrane Array

Quote Originally Posted by OneWithSoul View Post
    But when you want money
    for people with minds that hate
    All I can tell is brother you have to wait
    Don't you know it's gonna be all right.

Now I'm not completely sure that people will draw the connection between the song and what I am saying, but it makes sense to me :P
    Yeah, I get it. This is very close to my kind of thinking. There is a line I don't want to cross when it comes to changing the world. You know, I offered a vegetarian a candy and she took it, read the package and spit it out as she realized that there is some incredibly small amount of animal in it. And then there are the environmentalists who would go freakin nuts if you borrow a car to make your day easier just this time and then they fly to oslo to join a protest.

If I ever be as enthusiastic (read: paranoid and hateful) about anything, please slap me.

Senior Member Array

Think of old wise chiefs of villages, towns, and temples. It would take some time to organize the people, but it can be done. We would be like a benevolent emperor who would find a just and sensible way for someone to learn the error of their ways and disputes. Other types would marvel at such a humane wisdom and would allow the continued rule of one such as thus. It would just take some training to give INFP's time to learn against their more darker tendencies, which are caused by the society they live in. In a peaceful environment, where INFP is revered, we would want to live up to those expectations as best as possible.

Quote Originally Posted by rhinosaur View Post
    No way. INFPs hold grudges, and when cornered will bite. The INFP-ruled world would rapidly devolve into cliques and rival factions, which would never actually wage war, but would secretly *hate* each other.
    What type doens't hold grudges every now and then, and what type doesn't bite when cornered? We all do.

Quote Originally Posted by Haphazard View Post
    This is what I meant by 'vindictive.' An INFP-ruled world would have to agree on everything all the time to even function, and practically, that's impossible.
    Well, I believe that on the contrary, NFPs are more prone to respect and endorse diversity. I might be wrong though.

Quote Originally Posted by Haphazard View Post
    Okay, okay... thanks for the clarification.

Well, whether it could happen or not, the world would quickly devolve into chaos, factions and groups fighting for ideological charges. Maybe not physically, but definitely terrible political, religious, and social struggles. Unforgiving, unrelenting... a veritable Hell on earth.
    Isn't big part of the world already just like that nowadays?

Quote Originally Posted by Anonymous View Post
    I expect it would only be a matter of time before the INFPs come up with some sort of religion that says if dissenters are burned to death, they are transported to magical fairy lands where they will become normal and good (i.e., like the INFPs).

Naturally, the INFPs would take no part in the actual executions. They'd be too busy enjoying the fruits of their caste system.
    A religion that slaughter people deliberately? By INFPs, are you sure?

Quote Originally Posted by Eileen View Post
    Eh. Every INFP I know sucks at schedules and has turned at least one paper in a whole year late. Bar none.
    That's me. Luckily I have my INTJ buds to keep me on track.

Quote Originally Posted by Mort Belfry View Post
    Since, deep down, all INFPs are conspiracy nuts, they'd probably start suspecting themselves of paranormal corruption and commit suicide to save the planet.
    That's funny. But I think INFJs are more prone to be conspiracy nuts than us.

Quote Originally Posted by tovlo View Post
    I'm sure an INFP could be a very capable leader in the world as it exists today. They would have a unique set of gifts and struggles and like any other leader, would likely be most effective gathering those around them who would complement their strengths and supplement those areas where they may have weakness.

However, I imagine an INFP best suited to a world of peaceful anarchy as defined below:

"A theoretical social state in which there is no governing person or body of persons, but each individual has absolute liberty (without the implication of disorder)."

Which of course would mean no INFP leader, as there would be no leaders at all.

I think an INFP's most effective leadership might come from envisioning a populace mature enough to conduct themselves with the same loving consideration for their fellow human as is had for self and striving as best they are able within the constraints of current society to live that vision.
    Last edited by Cameigons; 12-08-2008 at 04:36 PM. Reason: fixing grammar

Too crazy. Need some stability, people can't be that emotionally intense all the time. Disputes happen. A LOT. I don't know if such a world could handle it.
    My cold, snide, intellectual life is just a veneer, behind which lies the plywood of loneliness.