User Tag List

First 45678 Last

MBTI
    ENTP

Quote Originally Posted by JivinJeffJones View Post
    I've noticed that INTPs in particular seem to have difficulty distinguishing between these two functions.
    Good observation. That's because either 1) For real INTPs, it all looks like feeling 2) Many "INTPs" clearly prefer extraverted thinking and are NOT INTPs. For those people, I think it's a way for them to deny their own extraverted thinking, because of course introverted thinking sounds much cooler to some people. It's amusing, actually. Also, real INTJs seem to want to be most known for thier auxiliary function, so they often report as INTPs.

MBTI
    ENFJ

Quote Originally Posted by Gabe View Post
    On a similar note (you can put this in another thread if you want) in terms of 'feel-good' threads, both extraverted judgement processes have what I like to call an "Amen-chorus" quality about them (I'll come up with a more positive-charactarizing word sometime). Which does NOT mean that these processes are inherently conformist, but does mean that they both evoke what is commonly agreed upon or readily apparent.
    I have not noticed this.

Then again, I'm usually too busy arguing on all fronts to receive enough of an amen chorus. Or maybe it's because my opinions just differ. I've noticed on the INFP-gc forum that there's quite a bit of amen-chorusing, even though extraverted rational functions should be their weakest point.

I think what I see here is that Ps are more likely to allow other people to disagree. Js are not. Thus, if they do agree on something, you get your 'amen-chorus'. I guess it's just that I find a lot of INFPs that happen to agree.

MBTI
    entj

Quote Originally Posted by persianeyes View Post

In my opinion, the world ruled by INFP's = Peace on Earth!
    Well, much better than we're doing now, wouldn't it?

Who wouldn't agree?? What do you guys think?
    I believe another INFP beat you to this hypothetical question. However given his wayward ideas, I don't believe he was looking for peace. As I remember it, he had prepared a hierarchy of types to run his kingdom like this...

The King: People like these are the prophets of the peace doctrines. They have introspected a great deal and know the great answer to our depression.
    INFP

Social Perfectionist Role Models
    : People like these show other types the truth to living. Their way of living has a positive effect on everyone. They have principle and ideas that they live up to.
    ESTJ
    ISTJ
    INFJ

Social Organizers: People like these do the same as above, but are not as good. They are good at bringing people together.
    ESFJ
    ISFJ

Producers of Joy
    : People like these make happiness through their music, art, sports, and movies. They make up a fundamental part of our joy in life.
    ESFP
    ESTP
    ISFP
    ISTP

Comfort Servants: People like these are self centered and manipulative. They should not be able to have positions of power. Instead they make good prostitutes.
    ENFP
    ENFJ

Slave Overseers: These people are not quite as dangerous. There job is to put the slaves in their place if necessary. They have extroversion which shows that they care a little about society.
    ENTJ
    ENTP

Dirty Labor Slaves
    : These people and their dangerous ideas are a threat to everyone. They should be demoted to slave labor and any other undesirable trade. They are the most uncaring of society and are avatars of greed and selfishness.
    INTJ
    INTP

Well that's a taste of what's to come. I'm not quite sure if the INFP was half joking, but he was serious in his discussion about this. I am at a mistrust over the INFPs hypothetical competence because of this. Sure, they may understand how to solve our problem through feeling and not over rely on cold business or science, but an uprising will occur if they rule.

I will be the first to create a local chapter bent on dropping INFPs from their position as oracles of humanity. They will be put in their place again as great poets, novelist, essayist, artist, sculptor, teachers, and ect. I think this is one of the safest ways that they can influence humanity through their ideas. Why do they need to be in power anyway? They will only be seduced and corrupted by it.

heart on fire

That website Electric quotes is obviously a joke and sounded more like a tongue in cheek INTx, who probably got burned by some INFP romantically or works with one he cannot stand or has a INFP parent.

MBTI
    INFJ

i knew this INFP who liked to go out to the beach strip and "dance the night away" to those outside bands

me and him had a falling out early 2007, and haven't spoken since

so, i tend to view INFP with a bit more scrutiny

MBTI
    INFJ

but for #1, there would probably be a whole helluva lots more flowers

lol!

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    Four

Quote Originally Posted by heart View Post
    I don't want to rule the world. I didn't make this mess, why should I clean it up? External changes never last anyway. External control is futile at creating lasting change. People have to clean their own houses first.
    That's interesting. In my opinion, one of INFP's primary roles -- in the grand scheme of humanity -- is to "clean up." We're a humanitarian type; we're ~*~supposed*~* to heal the sick and forgive people.

heart on fire

Quote Originally Posted by ofugur View Post
    That's interesting. In my opinion, one of INFP's primary roles -- in the grand scheme of humanity -- is to "clean up." We're a humanitarian type; we're ~*~supposed*~* to heal the sick and forgive people.
    But only on one to one basis and those who are open to it of their free will, never group movements. I find this whole idea of global goverance and mass group action

I can understand and have empathy but forgiveness? Do I need to forgive others as a blanket idea? I don't think so. Each situation and person is different.

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    Four

Quote Originally Posted by heart View Post
    But only on one to one basis and those who are open to it of their free will, never group movements. I find this whole idea of global goverance and mass group action

I can understand and have empathy but forgiveness? Do I need to forgive others as a blanket idea? I don't think so. Each situation and person is different.
    Hm, I guess you're right about forgiveness. I don't think that I can, however, disconnect my self from wanting to help others globally.

To each his/her own, I suppose.

heart on fire

Quote Originally Posted by ofugur View Post
    Hm, I guess you're right about forgiveness. I don't think that I can, however, disconnect my self from wanting to help others globally.

To each his/her own, I suppose.
    External changes are never lasting. True change can only come from within. Each person has to want to change for themselves. One can help a person who wants to heal, change, grow etc, but one cannot force growth on the mass of the people.